ADT

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burlington, VT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter and set up an interview. Was given the job on the spot after havng a casual conversation.

Interview Question – Made me do a improvisational skit where the manager was the salesman and I was the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADT in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very quick and in depth. Management let know up front the environment and expectations.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Springfield, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT in May 2013.

Interview Details – Quick interview through Monster. Then a background check to accommodate local laws.

Negotiation Details – Non existent. It's commission only with no sick time or paid vaca for one year

Small Business Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ADT in May 2011.

Interview Details – Its not hard. Phone interview, aptitude test (very easy), face to face interview, drug test, and background test.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with door to door sales calls? The question really should be, "are you comfortable making 60+ door to door sales calls, 40+ telephone calls, trying to sell an overpriced commodity service that has been around for 30 years?" You really need to be comfortable doing the latter, not the former.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its a commission plan. There is no real negotiation. You either take it or leave it. Its going to change for the worse shortly anyway. The commission plan changes about twice a year. I have yet to see it change for the better.

Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter but follow up was difficult by both recruiter and hiring manager. Fairly casual interview, straight forward - hiring Manager liked to talk about himself rather than focus on the position. Painted a pretty realistic picture of daily routine and expectations.
High turn over so interview process was quick and painless.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to be employed here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation - commission only

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at ADT

Interview Details – I interviewed with Mike Woods at the Torrance office and he was happy with me and my interview, so since I was a ways away from his office he suggested I contact Rich Pintang at the Anaheim office. I interviewed with Rich and again it went well. I was made an offer on the spot and without any other job offers at the time I had to take it.

Interview Question – It was a simple interview process. I talked about my sales experience and how I could apply my sales experience and skills to the small business sales representative position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made and offer and I countered. They didn't accept my counter and without another offer I had to take it.

Small Business Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADT in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Phone interview with HR rep, followed by a face to face with a district manager.

Interview Question – This company will hire anyone if there is a space open. All you need is a pulse. If you want the job, all you have to say is that you don't mind door knocking.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. ADT has no intention of paying you. They will even jilt your commissions if they can.

Small Business Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details – First phone screening and if you can fog a mirror you get scheduled for a one on one. Standard questions about your experience and back round and why you would make a good fit.

Interview Question – Can you make a lot of phone calls and cold call canvassing ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Commission only after small training pay.

Small Business Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. Phone interview with an in house recruiter followed by a face to face round with hiring manager. There is a background check as well.

Interview Question – There are not any real difficult questions really. The hiring manager is going to want to know that you are willing to make 50 calls a day, handle company appointments, and hit the streets for four or more hours a day. Any person with a 12-15 hour work day should have no problem achieving those goals....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its a commission only sales job, and the commission plan is your guide for what you will make. The commission plan will change three times in the first year. Essentially there is no negotiation, and even if there is, its going to change, and probably for the worse.

Small Business Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at ADT.

Interview Details – Three interviews starting at the HR area by phone. Interview with Regional Manager followed with very detailed background check.

Interview Question – How have you handled adversity in the past with your work. Detailed Answers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADT

Worked for ADT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADT Small Business Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADT employees and interview candidates.