ADTRAN

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was my first job interview in my life. I made a lot of mistakes in the interview, but actually the interview questions were not bad. They asked me about my work experience and projects in my resume and some basic programming skills and electrical engineering concepts. One person asked me to write a FIFO code, but I made a stack ( I was too nervous...). Another person asked me about RC circuit. It shouldn't be difficult, if you review some EE materials. I am sure I did not well, but it was a good interview experience as a first job interview. I learned how to prepare for a job interview.

Interview Question – Write a FIFO code with functions needed.   View Answer

Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started at 8 AM and went until 5 PM the same day. It consisted of meeting with a engineering manager or senior engineer either on a 1:1 basis or 1:2 basis. Questions consisted of technical experience with C++ and embedded systems and personality, situational, and ethical questions. ADTRAN seems to pride itself with hiring engineers with integrity.

Interview Questions

• You have two eggs and a 100 story building. These eggs are identical and possibly much harder than normal eggs. Your goal is to determine the highest floor of the building they can be dropped from without breaking using the fewest test drops.

What is the optimal search algorithm? How many drops would it take using the algorithm in the worst case scenario?

NOTE: Once an egg breaks, it can not be used again for further test drops.
    NOTE 2: This is an "inside the box" riddle, no tricks.
      Answer Question
  • What do you think is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes; make sure your reasons for negotiation are legitimate. If you are trying to bargain for one thousand dollars, you should ask yourself if you are bargaining just to bargain. If you have a need, expressing that need to ADTRAN will certainly not fall on deaf ears.

Huntsville, AL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at ADTRAN in November 2007.

Interview Details – Interviewed after several co-op terms. Process and questions were more difficult than I had come to expect, and spoke with a variety of groups both in and out of areas I was familiar with. More low-level hardware/EE stuff than I was prepared for, not that it mattered too much (claimed my ignorance, moved on). Got offer but was lowballed based on my response to questions in HR back-and-forth.

Interview Question – What's the V/I graph for a given capacitor?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lowball offer, history of slightly sketchy HR-related decisions, and decided I had no place in Huntsville.

Worked for ADTRAN? Contribute to the Community!