Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at ADTRAN
- Software Engineer (6)
- Co-Op Engineer (5)
- Software Development Engineer (4)
- DVT Engineer (4)
- Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Design Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer Co-Op (2)
- Intern (2)
- Intern Engineer (1)
- Hardware Engineer (1)
- Sales Engineer (1)
- Inside Sales (1)
- IT Analyst (1)
- Applications Programmer (1)
- Engineering Technician (1)
- Territory Sales Manager (1)
- Test Development Engineer (1)
- Trade Show Manager (1)
- Product Tester (1)
- Programmer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Co-Op (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Kfnfoiifi (1)
- Automation Test (1)
- Engineering Research Scientist Entry (1)
- QA Engineer (1)
Design Engineer Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in April 2011.
It was my first job interview in my life. I made a lot of mistakes in the interview, but actually the interview questions were not bad. They asked me about my work experience and projects in my resume and some basic programming skills and electrical engineering concepts. One person asked me to write a FIFO code, but I made a stack ( I was too nervous...). Another person asked me about RC circuit. It shouldn't be difficult, if you review some EE materials. I am sure I did not well, but it was a good interview experience as a first job interview. I learned how to prepare for a job interview.
- Write a FIFO code with functions needed. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for ADTRAN
Design Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in May 2010.
The interview process started at 8 AM and went until 5 PM the same day. It consisted of meeting with a engineering manager or senior engineer either on a 1:1 basis or 1:2 basis. Questions consisted of technical experience with C++ and embedded systems and personality, situational, and ethical questions. ADTRAN seems to pride itself with hiring engineers with integrity.
- You have two eggs and a 100 story building. These eggs are identical and possibly much harder than normal eggs. Your goal is to determine the highest floor of the building they can be dropped from without breaking using the fewest test drops. What is the optimal search algorithm? How many drops would it take using the algorithm in the worst case scenario? NOTE: Once an egg breaks, it can not be used again for further test drops. NOTE 2: This is an "inside the box" riddle, no tricks. Answer Question
- What do you think is your greatest weakness? Answer Question
Yes; make sure your reasons for negotiation are legitimate. If you are trying to bargain for one thousand dollars, you should ask yourself if you are bargaining just to bargain. If you have a need, expressing that need to ADTRAN will certainly not fall on deaf ears.
Design Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a week. I interviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in November 2007.
Interviewed after several co-op terms. Process and questions were more difficult than I had come to expect, and spoke with a variety of groups both in and out of areas I was familiar with. More low-level hardware/EE stuff than I was prepared for, not that it mattered too much (claimed my ignorance, moved on). Got offer but was lowballed based on my response to questions in HR back-and-forth.
- What's the V/I graph for a given capacitor? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Lowball offer, history of slightly sketchy HR-related decisions, and decided I had no place in Huntsville.