ADTRAN Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

3.1

Product Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview

After filling out the job application, I received a call from the person in HR over hiring. She told me that they wanted to schedule an interview. When I went in for my interview, I sat in the waiting room with over potentials until my name was called. I was lead into a room with a man at a desk. He was friendly and asked me questions. Then he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for ADTRAN?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview

College student interviewing for entry-level position. 8 hour interview process, cycled through about 10 different groups/managers. Each interview was different in terms of length (20 min - 1 hr), number of interviewers (1 - 7), type of questions, etc. Some focused solely on soft skills, some solely on technical questions, some were a mix. No breaks except for lunch which was also an interview.

Interview Questions

• In C, given that "int x = 10;", what will x be after "x = x++ * x++;"?   1 Answer

Wasn't very interested in the type of work.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Talked to them at a Career fair and had an interview with them the next day. They asked standard questions about my education and questions about what polymorphism is ect. Not a casual interview, but also not high stress.

They invited me back for a second interview in Huntsville. This was an all day thing. It took about 6 hours of interviewing with a lot of different people. This interview was a lot more stressful. I was asked multiple times to do coding either on a white board or on paper. The questions are not easy, but they work with you to help you if you need it. Also, I lost some points because I didn't do a lot of research about the company and its competitors before, and they asked me about it. Have some technical examples to prove why they want you. They care more about your skills than anything else, and they do quiz you to see if they think you can cut it.

Interview Questions

• Bit coding for clock cycles, finding the 5 closest points to another point from a file of points, tell me about the research you have done on the company(competitors ect.), we noticed in the last interview you were lacking in (insert area here) what have you don't since then to rectify this if anything, how have your other interviews been going if you have had any   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview

I interviewed with some representatives at my school. They were quite nice and friendly. I asked some questions I had about the company and they asked about what I was interested in, the classes I was taking, and why I chose my major. I was invited for a second round of interviews on the Huntsville campus. They took me on a tour of the campus and I had two interviews while I was there. They asked me some technical questions dealing with the classes I have had up till then. I received an offer a few weeks later.

Automation Test Interview

Interview

First is phone interview. Most are general questions about your experience, and some technique questions. Not very hard. Then go to an onsite interview. It took all day from 10 am to 6 pm. You will talk with more than 10 interviewers about questions about C++, algorithms. But they will serve you a nice lunch.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview

Some company representatives came to a university career fair, where the first non-technical interview took place the day after the career fair. Then within about a week I was contacted by a recruiter to go and interview on the ADTRAN campus (which is absolutely lovely, by the way). They provided hotel accomodations for the night before at the Best Western hotel which is about 15 minutes away (driving) from their location. The interview day consisted of approximately 30 minute interviews from 10:30 AM to 4:45 PM. During each time slot, I was interviewed by 1 or 2 people. Interview types varied but, in general, there were technical interviews and non-technical interviews. The technical interviews consisted of writing code ranging from reversing a string to bit manipulations to questions about polymorphism and object-oriented programming. There were also some OS questions thrown in (i.e. deadlock causes and prevention, mutexes and semaphores, etc.) The non-technical interviews involved questions about previous experience, items on my resume, and "What would you do in this situation?" type questions. Overall the day was a bit exhausting and a bit repetitive for the non-technical stuff, but it was definitely fun.

Interview Questions

• Question difficulty varied; none stick out as "most difficult" or "unexpected".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

It is extensive: we started at 8:45 in the morning, and I was taken from room to room to interview with multiple groups of people. The first and last room consisted of managers for behavioral interviews, and two groups in between conducted technical interviews. The behavioral interviews are manageable, but the technical interviews were fairly difficult for me (which is likely why I did not get an offer). In the middle of all of this, I was treated to lunch where I was interviewed one-on-one by a higher-ranking manager. The interview process ended around 1pm.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm that selects the closest n stars to one star.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

First talk with two managers and they made a little personality check, and four rounds of technical interviews in a row with three groups including a lunch interview, many of the questions are about C++ fundamentals such as data structures, virtual functions and stuff, some group will ask you some pretty basic EE questions to test your knowledge with circuit. The last step is to talk with the HR and discuss about the incoming interviews and the existing offers and stuff.

Interview Questions

• Some of them are about bit-manipulation problems in C++ and it is pretty low-level programming questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADTRAN (Huntsville, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

Was first recruited at my University, and had a short interview. Few technical questions were asked at this point, and I was invited to interview in Huntsville in a few weeks. The onsite interview was a long day. I had 9 interviews, all with different departments. There were a few technical questions, but they were fairly basic. I asked a lot of questions about what each group did, but by the end of the day it all started to run together. Each interview was different. Some were with a single manager, but most were with a manager and a few of their engineers. The campus was very beautiful, and I got the impression that this is a very team-based workplace.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied alot by team. One team asked about bit-manipulation, one team was more interested in object-oriented concepts.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview

Phone interview by the manager, then phone interview by team member and on-site by everyone possible. Don't be surprised if an intern is taking your interview.Remain calm and composed on the interview day. May sure you brag about your achievements, most people appreciate that, although you are not master. Most people hiring will be told to interview same day like 5 min before, so don't be nervous about anything

Interview Questions

• Questions are fairly easy based on the past project and experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate