ADTRAN

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Birmingham, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial meeting occured at a Job Fair on campus. The paid for my mileage and hotel to drive down and interview. Interview consisted of multiple groups of people for about 1 hour per group and covered a broad range of networking topics. The most interesting was a simulated support call with a network administrator having issues.

Although my networking background was very slim, they seemed to like that I was able to pick up on things and extrapolate. They paid attention to the "intangibles" and not just technical ability. Everyone was very easy to get along with and it was an enjoyable, although long day. Included lunch during the interview and dinner the day before.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were unexpected as my background in networking was very light.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another job offer in the town I was currently living in.

Intern Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in December 2010.

Interview Details – One day of interview with 3-5 people. The interview process typically begins in the start of the day then have one or two technical rounds with engineers followed by partial technical and experience questioning with managers. After lunch mostly a short tour of the facilities and products developed. The process ends with HR.

Interview Question – situation based question to explain the technology used   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ADTRAN in November 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to Adtran at career fair. Had interview on campus. Got a call a couple weeks later asking for onsite interview. Had onsite interview with multiple divisions.

Interview Question – C++ pointer manipulation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at ADTRAN in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had on-college-campus interviews, then on ADTRAN campus interview. Interview lasted all day. Met with two different groups and probably 8 pairs of engineers. Topics covered operating systems, all the way down to bitwise c++ operations.

Interview Question – C++ Pointer Arithmetic   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location was not a good fit for me.

Applications Programmer Interview

Interviewed at ADTRAN

Interview Details – The interview process at Adtran took a considerable amount of time. I got 1 phone interview and 2 on-site interviews of greater than 3 hours each. Everyone was prepared for my interview which was a nice change. Once completed it took around 2 months to receive word on the status of the interview.

Interview Question – I did not expect to spend so much time speaking about my activities outside of the work place.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hardware Engineer Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADTRAN in October 2013.

Interview Details – The entire process took the better part of a day. I interviewed with about 7 or 8 different groups. The groups went all the way from hardware and PCB layout, to pure software engineering. Most of the interview involved some basic networking questions, behavioral questions and questions about the projects and experience listed on my resume. One or two groups, however, were extremely technical. They had complex C++ code (dealing with polymorphism, and inheritance between classes) and had me give my best efforts to decipher the code. All in all it was a positive experience, and they were nice people. Do your homework for this interview, because it will be a tough, technical interview with a lot of smart people.

Interview Question – What's the difference between Layer 2 and Layer 3 ethernet? Explain the inheritance and relationships between these 3 classes.   Answer Question

SDVT Engineer Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in June 2011.

Interview Details – Smooth and professional

Negotiation Details – N/A

Trade Show Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview Details – Apply for position on-line at www.adtran.com; attach resume and any letters of recommendation. Typically an initial interview is done with an HR representative followed by many interviews with director(s) and marketing VP

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the salary only because I was here as a temp first. I had a permanent job waiting for me involving some red tape and notified my supervisor of the situation. When Adtran offered me the job, I explained the other job was for more money. They came back and matched the offer.

Kfnfoiifi Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ADTRAN in June 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rigorous but I suspect if I had an inside man it would not have been this way.

Interview Question – Job related question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straightforward

DVT Engineer Interview

Huntsville, AL

I interviewed at ADTRAN in March 2011.

Interview Details – I started the interview process at a University Campus Network event. From there I had two on site Interviews at Huntsville. I interviewed with multiple groups each time.

Interview Question – Questions ranged from social interaction to some technical. We started with, tell me about yourself, KVL/KCL circuits, and went all the way to D-Flip Flops and VDHL Code.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None**

Interviews for Top Jobs at ADTRAN

Worked for ADTRAN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ADTRAN interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by ADTRAN employees and interview candidates.