ADTRAN

Relevance Date Difficulty

SDVT Engineer Interview

SDVT Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in June 2011.

Interview Details – Smooth and professional

Negotiation Details – N/A

Trade Show Manager Interview

Trade Show Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at ADTRAN.

Interview Details – Apply for position on-line at www.adtran.com; attach resume and any letters of recommendation. Typically an initial interview is done with an HR representative followed by many interviews with director(s) and marketing VP

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the salary only because I was here as a temp first. I had a permanent job waiting for me involving some red tape and notified my supervisor of the situation. When Adtran offered me the job, I explained the other job was for more money. They came back and matched the offer.

Kfnfoiifi Interview

Kfnfoiifi

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ADTRAN in June 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rigorous but I suspect if I had an inside man it would not have been this way.

Interview Question – Job related question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straightforward

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

DVT Engineer Interview

DVT Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I interviewed at ADTRAN in March 2011.

Interview Details – I started the interview process at a University Campus Network event. From there I had two on site Interviews at Huntsville. I interviewed with multiple groups each time.

Interview Question – Questions ranged from social interaction to some technical. We started with, tell me about yourself, KVL/KCL circuits, and went all the way to D-Flip Flops and VDHL Code.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None**

Intern Interview

Intern
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADTRAN in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview after submitting my resume. About a month later I got an e-mail inviting my for an on-site interview. It consisted of two interviews, a tour, and lunch. Got a call 3-4 days later with an offer.

Interview questions were mostly about my background. In the on campus round they asked a few questions about the c++ API, and threading, at a basic level. The on-site interviews had some behavioral questions mixed.

Interview Question – How would you test an iPhone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – DId not negotiate. Pay is pretty good for an internship, but they don't provide housing.

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ADTRAN in March 2012.

Interview Details – One interview was conducted at the university and three others were completed on-site in Huntsville. The interview on campus at the university mainly consisted of questions that tested if I had the qualifications needed for the Co-Op position. I was also asked questions that determined if I fit well within the company (social attributes for example). The next step in the process was on-site interviewing, which consisted of detailed discussions of networking and programming. I didn't know everything asked about networking, but the input I did on the topic served as sufficient information.

Interview Question – How would you implement the stack data structure? What functions would you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. However, I didn't really feel as if I needed to. The time frame of the co-op was acceptable. If you are given an offer, only accept if it fits your obligations and schedule. Try to negotiate before declining. You don't want to pass up a job opportunity.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in February 2012.

Interview Details – Signed up for an interview in career fair. Next day had an interview in the campus itself. The questions were on my resume and kind of courses I've completed.

Interview Question – Asked about D- Flipflops.   View Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Software Engineer Co-Op
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADTRAN in October 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview at the UT Knoxville Engineering Expo, I started talking about some networking equipment they had at their booth, and it caught the interest of the recruiter, so they gave me a panel interview the next day, which consisted of a HR person, and an engineer asking me to solve math problems. I was then invited on site about a week later were they paid for the gas and hotel room, and supper. Were I had 2 interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was my first job interview in my life. I made a lot of mistakes in the interview, but actually the interview questions were not bad. They asked me about my work experience and projects in my resume and some basic programming skills and electrical engineering concepts. One person asked me to write a FIFO code, but I made a stack ( I was too nervous...). Another person asked me about RC circuit. It shouldn't be difficult, if you review some EE materials. I am sure I did not well, but it was a good interview experience as a first job interview. I learned how to prepare for a job interview.

Interview Question – Write a FIFO code with functions needed.   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ADTRAN in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started at 8 AM and went until 5 PM the same day. It consisted of meeting with a engineering manager or senior engineer either on a 1:1 basis or 1:2 basis. Questions consisted of technical experience with C++ and embedded systems and personality, situational, and ethical questions. ADTRAN seems to pride itself with hiring engineers with integrity.

Interview Questions

• You have two eggs and a 100 story building. These eggs are identical and possibly much harder than normal eggs. Your goal is to determine the highest floor of the building they can be dropped from without breaking using the fewest test drops.

What is the optimal search algorithm? How many drops would it take using the algorithm in the worst case scenario?

NOTE: Once an egg breaks, it can not be used again for further test drops.
    NOTE 2: This is an "inside the box" riddle, no tricks.
      Answer Question
  • What do you think is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes; make sure your reasons for negotiation are legitimate. If you are trying to bargain for one thousand dollars, you should ask yourself if you are bargaining just to bargain. If you have a need, expressing that need to ADTRAN will certainly not fall on deaf ears.