ADTRAN

Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.1

DVT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADTRAN in April 2014.

Offer from career fair, had one on-site interview and one ph interview. Mostly questions were about the networking, routing, Dynamic, RIP, OSPF routing, Python. The ph interview was difficult. The interviewers friendly, intelligent during the on-site but the ph interview was bit difficult. Ashed lot of questions based on the current technology.

Applications Programmer Interview

The interview process at Adtran took a considerable amount of time. I got 1 phone interview and 2 on-site interviews of greater than 3 hours each. Everyone was prepared for my interview which was a nice change. Once completed it took around 2 months to receive word on the status of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect to spend so much time speaking about my activities outside of the work place.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ADTRAN in November 2013.

Had on-college-campus interviews, then on ADTRAN campus interview. Interview lasted all day. Met with two different groups and probably 8 pairs of engineers. Topics covered operating systems, all the way down to bitwise c++ operations.

Interview Questions

Location was not a good fit for me.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ADTRAN in November 2013.

Talked to Adtran at career fair. Had interview on campus. Got a call a couple weeks later asking for onsite interview. Had onsite interview with multiple divisions.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADTRAN in October 2013.

The entire process took the better part of a day. I interviewed with about 7 or 8 different groups. The groups went all the way from hardware and PCB layout, to pure software engineering. Most of the interview involved some basic networking questions, behavioral questions and questions about the projects and experience listed on my resume. One or two groups, however, were extremely technical. They had complex C++ code (dealing with polymorphism, and inheritance between classes) and had me give my best efforts to decipher the code. All in all it was a positive experience, and they were nice people. Do your homework for this interview, because it will be a tough, technical interview with a lot of smart people.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between Layer 2 and Layer 3 ethernet? Explain the inheritance and relationships between these 3 classes.   Answer Question

Trade Show Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at ADTRAN.

Apply for position on-line at www.adtran.com; attach resume and any letters of recommendation. Typically an initial interview is done with an HR representative followed by many interviews with director(s) and marketing VP

I negotiated the salary only because I was here as a temp first. I had a permanent job waiting for me involving some red tape and notified my supervisor of the situation. When Adtran offered me the job, I explained the other job was for more money. They came back and matched the offer.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADTRAN in March 2012.

Initial meeting occured at a Job Fair on campus. The paid for my mileage and hotel to drive down and interview. Interview consisted of multiple groups of people for about 1 hour per group and covered a broad range of networking topics. The most interesting was a simulated support call with a network administrator having issues.

Although my networking background was very slim, they seemed to like that I was able to pick up on things and extrapolate. They paid attention to the "intangibles" and not just technical ability. Everyone was very easy to get along with and it was an enjoyable, although long day. Included lunch during the interview and dinner the day before.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were unexpected as my background in networking was very light.   Answer Question

Had another job offer in the town I was currently living in.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ADTRAN in March 2012.

One interview was conducted at the university and three others were completed on-site in Huntsville. The interview on campus at the university mainly consisted of questions that tested if I had the qualifications needed for the Co-Op position. I was also asked questions that determined if I fit well within the company (social attributes for example). The next step in the process was on-site interviewing, which consisted of detailed discussions of networking and programming. I didn't know everything asked about networking, but the input I did on the topic served as sufficient information.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement the stack data structure? What functions would you use?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. However, I didn't really feel as if I needed to. The time frame of the co-op was acceptable. If you are given an offer, only accept if it fits your obligations and schedule. Try to negotiate before declining. You don't want to pass up a job opportunity.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADTRAN in February 2012.

Signed up for an interview in career fair. Next day had an interview in the campus itself. The questions were on my resume and kind of courses I've completed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADTRAN in November 2011.

Had an on-campus interview after submitting my resume. About a month later I got an e-mail inviting my for an on-site interview. It consisted of two interviews, a tour, and lunch. Got a call 3-4 days later with an offer.

Interview questions were mostly about my background. In the on campus round they asked a few questions about the c++ API, and threading, at a basic level. The on-site interviews had some behavioral questions mixed.

Interview Questions
    DId not negotiate. Pay is pretty good for an internship, but they don't provide housing.