AECOM

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AECOM in April 2008.

Interview Details – The company is no different from any other engineering company. They look for people who are competent and reliable with personalities that are pleasant. Depending on the office, department, and position the style of interview differ.

Interview Question – Are you capable to fill the responsibilities of the position?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AECOM in December 2010.

Interview Details – it was good from the start to the end.
They were helpfull and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line ? ;)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They generally offer above the market standards, so need to negotiate.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AECOM in May 2008.

Interview Details – multiple questions asked and some sample scenarios presented.

Interview Question – Who was your last emplyer   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not interested in the postion offered.

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AECOM in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had first a phone interview which I thought that it went great. But my one on one interview did not went great. The interview was with the department manager and he made me feel very uncomfortable. Not because of the questions but they way that he did behave, he would ask a question and when I was given my answer he will look away or act uninterested on the answer. I felted at one time to get up and leave.
But I did stay through the whole thing. At the end I got the job but I have to say that I regret taking the job because the same hiring manager that I interview with end up not being a good manager.

Interview Question – What is your more negative experience at work?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AECOM in January 2011.

Interview Details – it is a very very very very very busy process. I was stressed and because i got no exprience, it made me so intense that i cannot even spell my name correct. But as time passes by, i got more relaxed and the manager was really nice to me. good job

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at AECOM in October 2009.

Interview Details – - Three different interviewers of different levels. Discussions about research and their work.

Interview Question – Why the move from research to industry   View Answer

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't too bad. AECOM seems like a fairly relaxed place to work but I turned down the interview because I got a better offer elsewhere. Standard questions were asked, and it felt very tailored to my experience. There were no surprises, just the usual behavioural questions and standard personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work under pressure to finish a task?   Answer Question
  • Looking at your past work experience, what was the best and worst aspect of your previous job?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in April 2008.

Interview Details – I saw the job posting on an alumni list serve. I decided to apply for the internship. I emailed the recruiter and was asked to submit an online profile, which was basically fill out personal information, and submit a resume and cover letter. Then I was contacted by the regional recruiter who set up interviews with the appropriate managers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this field.   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AECOM in October 2010.

Interview Details – Was referred by an employee for an entry level position, then contacted by HR a few days later to set up an interview. The interview included 3 high level managers (no HR), who mostly discussed AECOM and what sort of work I'd be doing for them. They asked for past examples of where I overcame challenges, what sort of motivation I had, and a lot about where my interests and skills were - but nothing technical. They wanted to know my salary expectations and what sort of plans I had for the future. After 45 minutes the interview was finished and they said they'd let me know within 2 weeks, but the job offer was drafted the next day and sent to me in less than a week. After my first few weeks of working there, I've been pleased that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They gave me more than the high end of my requested salary range and everything else I wanted in the initial offer, so no negotiation was needed.

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AECOM in December 2008.

Interview Details – Met various project engineers and managers, and they provided good feedback on the company. Good explanation about benefits. Office setup-- mostly cubicles. Certain managers have an office.

Interview Question – What experience do you have in business development?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Don't be afraid to negotiate on salary and/or the ability to work from home when needed.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!