AECOM Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AECOM in January 2011.

Interview

it is a very very very very very busy process. I was stressed and because i got no exprience, it made me so intense that i cannot even spell my name correct. But as time passes by, i got more relaxed and the manager was really nice to me. good job

Other Interview Reviews for AECOM

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AECOM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

it was good from the start to the end.
    They were helpfull and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They generally offer above the market standards, so need to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AECOM in October 2010.

Interview

Was referred by an employee for an entry level position, then contacted by HR a few days later to set up an interview. The interview included 3 high level managers (no HR), who mostly discussed AECOM and what sort of work I'd be doing for them. They asked for past examples of where I overcame challenges, what sort of motivation I had, and a lot about where my interests and skills were - but nothing technical. They wanted to know my salary expectations and what sort of plans I had for the future. After 45 minutes the interview was finished and they said they'd let me know within 2 weeks, but the job offer was drafted the next day and sent to me in less than a week. After my first few weeks of working there, I've been pleased that I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me more than the high end of my requested salary range and everything else I wanted in the initial offer, so no negotiation was needed.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM in June 2010.

Interview

I had first a phone interview which I thought that it went great. But my one on one interview did not went great. The interview was with the department manager and he made me feel very uncomfortable. Not because of the questions but they way that he did behave, he would ask a question and when I was given my answer he will look away or act uninterested on the answer. I felted at one time to get up and leave.
    But I did stay through the whole thing. At the end I got the job but I have to say that I regret taking the job because the same hiring manager that I interview with end up not being a good manager.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AECOM (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview wasn't too bad. AECOM seems like a fairly relaxed place to work but I turned down the interview because I got a better offer elsewhere. Standard questions were asked, and it felt very tailored to my experience. There were no surprises, just the usual behavioural questions and standard personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work under pressure to finish a task?   Answer Question
    • Looking at your past work experience, what was the best and worst aspect of your previous job?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AECOM in October 2009.

Interview

- Three different interviewers of different levels. Discussions about research and their work.

Interview Questions

• Why the move from research to industry   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in October 2009.

Interview

good 1 on 1 interview

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AECOM in December 2008.

Interview

Met various project engineers and managers, and they provided good feedback on the company. Good explanation about benefits. Office setup-- mostly cubicles. Certain managers have an office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Don't be afraid to negotiate on salary and/or the ability to work from home when needed.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AECOM in May 2008.

Interview

multiple questions asked and some sample scenarios presented.

Interview Questions

not interested in the postion offered.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AECOM in April 2008.

Interview

The company is no different from any other engineering company. They look for people who are competent and reliable with personalities that are pleasant. Depending on the office, department, and position the style of interview differ.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable to fill the responsibilities of the position?   1 Answer