AECOM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AECOM in July 2009.

Interview Details – The whole recruiting/interviewing process seemed extremely disorganized. I had some initial phone interviews, then I didn't hear anything for weeks and weeks. I assumed they had gone with another candidate, and then out of the blue I received a call from the recruiter indicating that they wanted to move forward with an offer. Huh? I had not met with anyong in person, I hadn't received any information about their benefits, and I hadn't even officially filled out an application! When I suggested an in-person meeting, it took quite some time to get that pulled together, and they were somewhat inflexible given that I was still employed and had many meetings to attend, so taking a day off of work suddenly would appear odd. When I did finally drive to the site to have the in-person interviews, it was done pretty quickly. Also, I never received any type of offer of reimbursement for mileage, even though I had driven a couple of hours to the interview.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The relo package was a joke. Even so, they were not open to telecommuting as a possibility (I did not want to move to Richmond, VA). Also, they revealed information about the job during the in-person interview that was not revealed during the phone interviews. The information made me less interested in the position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM Human Resources Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees and interview candidates.