AECOM

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM in July 2009.

The whole recruiting/interviewing process seemed extremely disorganized. I had some initial phone interviews, then I didn't hear anything for weeks and weeks. I assumed they had gone with another candidate, and then out of the blue I received a call from the recruiter indicating that they wanted to move forward with an offer. Huh? I had not met with anyong in person, I hadn't received any information about their benefits, and I hadn't even officially filled out an application! When I suggested an in-person meeting, it took quite some time to get that pulled together, and they were somewhat inflexible given that I was still employed and had many meetings to attend, so taking a day off of work suddenly would appear odd. When I did finally drive to the site to have the in-person interviews, it was done pretty quickly. Also, I never received any type of offer of reimbursement for mileage, even though I had driven a couple of hours to the interview.

Interview Questions

The relo package was a joke. Even so, they were not open to telecommuting as a possibility (I did not want to move to Richmond, VA). Also, they revealed information about the job during the in-person interview that was not revealed during the phone interviews. The information made me less interested in the position.