AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.7

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Called by a recruiter who found my resume online and set up an in-person interview. Had the in-person a few days later with my future manager. The interview was over an hour. I was provided with a detailed description of the position and career path available. Questions covered skills, background, interests, and knowledge base. Although it was one of the longest interviews I've ever had, it was very comfortable. The hardest part was waiting for the offer - although I received update calls, the offer didn't come for about two weeks.

Modeler Interview

phone interview with a manager and another senior in the modeling group. the interviewers are nice. They ask your background, experience first, as usual. And then they throw several questions, technical questions about demand modeling, since it is the modeling group, questions such as how to survey, how to create the model and other details.

Interview Questions
    • quite a few questions about how to model. calibration and validation   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Two hour interview with six employees over three rounds. The interviewers were very welcoming and gave me both the pros and cons in working for AECOM. Neither materials nor a presentation were required. Bringing a few examples of work were good points of discussion and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • There really was not any hard questions. Questions were mostly about my background and if consulting is right for me.   Answer Question
    Negotiation only ended up in $1,000 increase.

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Pretty standard interview. We talked about my resume and asked me to elaborate on my experiences. Didn't really ask technical questions. They really want people that have a passion for sustainable design solution, and really value people with strong communication skills.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AECOM.

One phone interview, and one in person interview with 2 managers in enterprise applications department. Phone interview was fairly easy, but in person interview require more of you being assertive and telling them about your skills and qualifications, rather than waiting for them to ask you questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult member on your team?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Phone and office interview. Met with all managers in office. Interview was pleasant. No tough questions asked. Interview seemed more about making sure personality was compatible with others in office.

Scientist I, Geology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM in June 2014.

I applied for the job on 05-21. I got my first call on 06-04. My interview was on 06-12. I interviewed with the PM Geologist and then with an engineer. I met with both men individually. I got a call back today, 06-23 and an offer was extended to me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. He wanted to know about my prior field, technical writing, and my educational experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM.

Recommended by a friend and submitted a resume. Interviewed over the phone and then met in person to tour the office. Went to lunch with other employees and the manager to discuss work and life. Continued to negotiate by phone and email as some of the requirements were completed and prior to the written offer.

Treasury Manager Interview

In Nov 2013, I had a phone interview with an HR/Talent Acquisition person. He was about 15 minutes late and did not have my resume, cover letter or bio information in front of him. After scrambling around for a few minutes we proceeded. He asked the following questions:
    Have I been promoted at my current company or was I hired at the level I am at right now
    What do I do in my current role
    Why I want to leave my current company
    What challenges I face in my current role
    What I am looking to do in the future
    My current salary package
    The interview was about 20 minutes. I felt like he was rushing through it and not very engaged. Overall, the phone interview dampened a position and company I was otherwise very interested in.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Phone Interview, followed in-person interview with sr. management staff. Thorough and fair process.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult is always "What are your short comings" always difficult to answer without sounding pretencious or fabricated.   Answer Question
    Uneventful