AECOM

132 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrative Interview

Systems Administrative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in March 2014.

Interview Details – Quick hiring process, technical and general interview, 2 persons, quick answer on position offered. Schedule received was not ideal but it is what the mission required. Good and stress-free work environment

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick, due to contract limitations for salary

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

I applied online and interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Two hour interview with six employees over three rounds. The interviewers were very welcoming and gave me both the pros and cons in working for AECOM. Neither materials nor a presentation were required. Bringing a few examples of work were good points of discussion and appreciated.

Interview Question – There really was not any hard questions. Questions were mostly about my background and if consulting is right for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation only ended up in $1,000 increase.

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview. We talked about my resume and asked me to elaborate on my experiences. Didn't really ask technical questions. They really want people that have a passion for sustainable design solution, and really value people with strong communication skills.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – One phone interview, and one in person interview with 2 managers in enterprise applications department. Phone interview was fairly easy, but in person interview require more of you being assertive and telling them about your skills and qualifications, rather than waiting for them to ask you questions.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult member on your team?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II

I applied online and interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Phone and office interview. Met with all managers in office. Interview was pleasant. No tough questions asked. Interview seemed more about making sure personality was compatible with others in office.

Interview Question – No tough questions   Answer Question

Scientist I, Geology Interview

Scientist I, Geology

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job on 05-21. I got my first call on 06-04. My interview was on 06-12. I interviewed with the PM Geologist and then with an engineer. I met with both men individually. I got a call back today, 06-23 and an offer was extended to me.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. He wanted to know about my prior field, technical writing, and my educational experience.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Biologist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had an interview. Basic. It was fine. I asked most of the questions. I wanted to know why I should work for them. I don't have much to say it was easy and basic I don't know what else to add so so so so so so so so so

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Recommended by a friend and submitted a resume. Interviewed over the phone and then met in person to tour the office. Went to lunch with other employees and the manager to discuss work and life. Continued to negotiate by phone and email as some of the requirements were completed and prior to the written offer.

Interview Question – Can you start today?   Answer Question

Senior Positiion Interview

Senior Positiion
South China, ME

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in March 2014.

Interview Details – This is the worst decision I have ever made to apply a job with Aecom. A few days after my first interview with the landscape manager, I was told they were offering me a senior position and I received an oral offer one week later.

However they have made me waited for a month and I didn't heard from them, so I called the HR to find out my status, they told me the hiring process is taking too long and I should move on if I am still looking for a job, because they are not sure when this application be approved.

Honestly I have done research on Aecom, there are too many negative comment to read and I should have trusted myself it is a red flag.

Interview Question – They brought a junior designer to interview and the manager left her interview me alone for work in 2 hours. She asked me random questions and that is when I believe their employee is not as professional as I expected.   Answer Question

Treasury Manager Interview

Treasury Manager

Interviewed at AECOM

Interview Details – In Nov 2013, I had a phone interview with an HR/Talent Acquisition person. He was about 15 minutes late and did not have my resume, cover letter or bio information in front of him. After scrambling around for a few minutes we proceeded. He asked the following questions:
Have I been promoted at my current company or was I hired at the level I am at right now
What do I do in my current role
Why I want to leave my current company
What challenges I face in my current role
What I am looking to do in the future
My current salary package
The interview was about 20 minutes. I felt like he was rushing through it and not very engaged. Overall, the phone interview dampened a position and company I was otherwise very interested in.

Interview Question – What challenges I face in my current role   Answer Question

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!