AECOM

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Transportation Planner Interview

First step, prescreening of resume. I applied online.
    HR contacted me for more information and set up a phone interview.
    There are two seniors on the phone and asked my background and experience etc., which is quite normal questions. And then we go through the technical part, which I think is quite challenging for me. Then after several days I was asked to apply a form, which indicates that I could go to the next step. The final part is on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask really specific questions unlike other companies. How to model? What if questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Called by a recruiter who found my resume online and set up an in-person interview. Had the in-person a few days later with my future manager. The interview was over an hour. I was provided with a detailed description of the position and career path available. Questions covered skills, background, interests, and knowledge base. Although it was one of the longest interviews I've ever had, it was very comfortable. The hardest part was waiting for the offer - although I received update calls, the offer didn't come for about two weeks.

Modeler Interview

phone interview with a manager and another senior in the modeling group. the interviewers are nice. They ask your background, experience first, as usual. And then they throw several questions, technical questions about demand modeling, since it is the modeling group, questions such as how to survey, how to create the model and other details.

Interview Questions
    • quite a few questions about how to model. calibration and validation   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in September 2014.

Applied on line through AECOM website. Got a return call from recruiter. Followed that up with a phone interview and then am in person interview. Never heard romantic them again.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather do the work or win the work.   View Answer

Scientist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Two hour interview with six employees over three rounds. The interviewers were very welcoming and gave me both the pros and cons in working for AECOM. Neither materials nor a presentation were required. Bringing a few examples of work were good points of discussion and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • There really was not any hard questions. Questions were mostly about my background and if consulting is right for me.   Answer Question
    Negotiation only ended up in $1,000 increase.

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Pretty standard interview. We talked about my resume and asked me to elaborate on my experiences. Didn't really ask technical questions. They really want people that have a passion for sustainable design solution, and really value people with strong communication skills.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AECOM.

One phone interview, and one in person interview with 2 managers in enterprise applications department. Phone interview was fairly easy, but in person interview require more of you being assertive and telling them about your skills and qualifications, rather than waiting for them to ask you questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult member on your team?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Phone and office interview. Met with all managers in office. Interview was pleasant. No tough questions asked. Interview seemed more about making sure personality was compatible with others in office.

Scientist I, Geology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM in June 2014.

I applied for the job on 05-21. I got my first call on 06-04. My interview was on 06-12. I interviewed with the PM Geologist and then with an engineer. I met with both men individually. I got a call back today, 06-23 and an offer was extended to me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. He wanted to know about my prior field, technical writing, and my educational experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM.

Recommended by a friend and submitted a resume. Interviewed over the phone and then met in person to tour the office. Went to lunch with other employees and the manager to discuss work and life. Continued to negotiate by phone and email as some of the requirements were completed and prior to the written offer.