AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Modeler Interview

phone interview with a manager and another senior in the modeling group. the interviewers are nice. They ask your background, experience first, as usual. And then they throw several questions, technical questions about demand modeling, since it is the modeling group, questions such as how to survey, how to create the model and other details.

Interview Questions
    • quite a few questions about how to model. calibration and validation   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in December 2013.

In total 5 meetings were scheduled; of these two telephone conversations and/or negotiations were run; there were two office tours were conducted, and finally one meeting with staff occurred.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at AECOM in July 2012.

You need to have a leadership personality and show confidence, construction detail knowledge and CAD skills.
    If you show you are a professional that know what you are doing they will definitely hire you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philipsburg, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philipsburg, MT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in January 2010.

Sit down and talk, went very smooth. Had a discussion with them they like to talk. made sure I knew all the information about the company. bring referals if possible. Show them confidence and make sure you smile and do not be mad

none

Systems Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in March 2014.

Quick hiring process, technical and general interview, 2 persons, quick answer on position offered. Schedule received was not ideal but it is what the mission required. Good and stress-free work environment

Interview Questions
    Quick, due to contract limitations for salary

Scientist I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AECOM.

Two hour interview with six employees over three rounds. The interviewers were very welcoming and gave me both the pros and cons in working for AECOM. Neither materials nor a presentation were required. Bringing a few examples of work were good points of discussion and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • There really was not any hard questions. Questions were mostly about my background and if consulting is right for me.   Answer Question
    Negotiation only ended up in $1,000 increase.

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AECOM.

Pretty standard interview. We talked about my resume and asked me to elaborate on my experiences. Didn't really ask technical questions. They really want people that have a passion for sustainable design solution, and really value people with strong communication skills.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AECOM.

One phone interview, and one in person interview with 2 managers in enterprise applications department. Phone interview was fairly easy, but in person interview require more of you being assertive and telling them about your skills and qualifications, rather than waiting for them to ask you questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult member on your team?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AECOM.

Phone and office interview. Met with all managers in office. Interview was pleasant. No tough questions asked. Interview seemed more about making sure personality was compatible with others in office.

Scientist I, Geology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in June 2014.

I applied for the job on 05-21. I got my first call on 06-04. My interview was on 06-12. I interviewed with the PM Geologist and then with an engineer. I met with both men individually. I got a call back today, 06-23 and an offer was extended to me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. He wanted to know about my prior field, technical writing, and my educational experience.   Answer Question

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!