AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I was asked to meet with a program coordinator and senior engineer. Both of them were very outgoing and genuinely interested in measuring for fit - both on their end and on my end. The conversation started by them asking what I want to get out of my job and the position. They later discussed more about what they were looking for, and wanted to ensure I was someone they could work WITH. Overall, not as scary of a process as I anticipated; however, I prepared for it diligently (just like anyone should do).

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for and what do I want to get out of this position?   Answer Question

Wildlife Biologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

It was well done with key people. I was asked very technical questions and given problem solving situations. I was provided the opportunity due to a referral from a friend who had worked there for a few years already. The team was a close knit group and got along well. It had an almost family atmosphere to it. Mind you this was while it was a legacy company before AECOM took it over. The interview was laid back and easy.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview started with a phone interview after submitting my resume and cover letter. After, I went to the office to complete two more interviews. Pretty easy ( I could tell I was the front runner because I got along very well with interviewers and answered every question correctly).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AECOM?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Conducted on-campus at Clemson University, through the Co-op Program. I was interviewed by a Vice President of the company, who was truly interested in determining my potential for long-term employment, as well as my engineering aptitude and drive for success. I interviewed 4 other companies during the process, and sided with this company because they had a location in my home town, as well as anywhere else I would want to be.

Interview Questions

• "What made you want to become an engineer?"   1 Answer

Administrative Role Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an AECOM recruiter asking to set-up a phone interview. She suggested a date and time. I replied that the time would work for me. I provided a phone number that I could be reached at. When the agreed upon time occurred, the recruiter never contacted me. I sent an email back asking if she would like reschedule. Crickets. If this is how AECOM treats its applicants, I shudder to think how they treat their employees.

Communications Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn and reached out the the recruiter who posted it. The recruiter ushered me through the whole process after a phone screening and checked in periodically. The process wasn't defined upfront (ex: # of rounds) and I found out the next step as the process progressed. I had several 1X1 interviews with different managers in the company at multiple levels over a period of three weeks and enjoyed the conversational format of each 1X, as they allowed me to learn more about the company and people there and more accurately present who I am and how I think.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous assignments and multiple projects?   Answer Question

OCS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 people during the interview process, they asked you basic question about the software they use in the company. Also they told what your responsibility going to be if you get hired. I wanted to work for the company but they chose another candidate due to my lack of experience.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with an employee and he/she showed me around the office. I then gave a 5 min presentation to a panel and then they questioned me. I was interviewed for about 30 minutes and then the process was over.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in your life where you failed, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask any specific questions. They wanted to know who I was and what I have done that was relevant to the international development lifestyle of the company. Overall, it was pretty easy, and I didn't feel out of place what so ever. They made me feel comfortable, and the building was a nice place.

Field Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview, and interviewed the following week. Interviewed by 2 geologists in a conference room. The interview lasted an hour where we talked about the courses I completed at school, grades, projects, and experience. Targeted towards hydrology. Discussed job duties and travel requirements and asked how much I'd like to be paid. Overall it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience doing 'this' and 'that'? Are you ok with traveling for 2-3 weeks, coming home for a weekend, then leaving again? What was your grade in this class and your overall GPA?   Answer Question