AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.6

Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AECOM.

The entire interview process was a little over an hour long, including a small tour around the office. I interviewed with two project managers at the same time. They first introduced the company - what kind of projects they do in the department I'm interviewing for, the work environment, the work structure, etc. Generic questions were asked about items written on my resume (research, experience, courses). Very simply, friendly, and pleasant.

Corporate Finance Interview

Applied through career center and got the invitation of phone interview two weeks after. The interviewer is very friendly and overall great experience. Asked questions about performance matrices and I was not prepared for that

Transportation Planner Interview

First step, prescreening of resume. I applied online.
    HR contacted me for more information and set up a phone interview.
    There are two seniors on the phone and asked my background and experience etc., which is quite normal questions. And then we go through the technical part, which I think is quite challenging for me. Then after several days I was asked to apply a form, which indicates that I could go to the next step. The final part is on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask really specific questions unlike other companies. How to model? What if questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT
    Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in November 2014.

Video interview+ face to face interview. video interview: ask about what you can contribute to company in term of commercial awareness, ask you about why you want to work AECOM and few questions about ur strength.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Called by a recruiter who found my resume online and set up an in-person interview. Had the in-person a few days later with my future manager. The interview was over an hour. I was provided with a detailed description of the position and career path available. Questions covered skills, background, interests, and knowledge base. Although it was one of the longest interviews I've ever had, it was very comfortable. The hardest part was waiting for the offer - although I received update calls, the offer didn't come for about two weeks.

Modeler Interview

phone interview with a manager and another senior in the modeling group. the interviewers are nice. They ask your background, experience first, as usual. And then they throw several questions, technical questions about demand modeling, since it is the modeling group, questions such as how to survey, how to create the model and other details.

Interview Questions
    • quite a few questions about how to model. calibration and validation   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in September 2014.

Applied on line through AECOM website. Got a return call from recruiter. Followed that up with a phone interview and then am in person interview. Never heard romantic them again.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather do the work or win the work.   View Answer

Scientist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Two hour interview with six employees over three rounds. The interviewers were very welcoming and gave me both the pros and cons in working for AECOM. Neither materials nor a presentation were required. Bringing a few examples of work were good points of discussion and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • There really was not any hard questions. Questions were mostly about my background and if consulting is right for me.   Answer Question
    Negotiation only ended up in $1,000 increase.

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Pretty standard interview. We talked about my resume and asked me to elaborate on my experiences. Didn't really ask technical questions. They really want people that have a passion for sustainable design solution, and really value people with strong communication skills.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AECOM.

One phone interview, and one in person interview with 2 managers in enterprise applications department. Phone interview was fairly easy, but in person interview require more of you being assertive and telling them about your skills and qualifications, rather than waiting for them to ask you questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult member on your team?   Answer Question