AECOM

128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II

I applied online and interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Phone and office interview. Met with all managers in office. Interview was pleasant. No tough questions asked. Interview seemed more about making sure personality was compatible with others in office.

Interview Question – No tough questions   Answer Question

Scientist I, Geology Interview

Scientist I, Geology

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job on 05-21. I got my first call on 06-04. My interview was on 06-12. I interviewed with the PM Geologist and then with an engineer. I met with both men individually. I got a call back today, 06-23 and an offer was extended to me.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. He wanted to know about my prior field, technical writing, and my educational experience.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Biologist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had an interview. Basic. It was fine. I asked most of the questions. I wanted to know why I should work for them. I don't have much to say it was easy and basic I don't know what else to add so so so so so so so so so

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Recommended by a friend and submitted a resume. Interviewed over the phone and then met in person to tour the office. Went to lunch with other employees and the manager to discuss work and life. Continued to negotiate by phone and email as some of the requirements were completed and prior to the written offer.

Interview Question – Can you start today?   Answer Question

Senior Positiion Interview

Senior Positiion
South China, ME

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in March 2014.

Interview Details – This is the worst decision I have ever made to apply a job with Aecom. A few days after my first interview with the landscape manager, I was told they were offering me a senior position and I received an oral offer one week later.

However they have made me waited for a month and I didn't heard from them, so I called the HR to find out my status, they told me the hiring process is taking too long and I should move on if I am still looking for a job, because they are not sure when this application be approved.

Honestly I have done research on Aecom, there are too many negative comment to read and I should have trusted myself it is a red flag.

Interview Question – They brought a junior designer to interview and the manager left her interview me alone for work in 2 hours. She asked me random questions and that is when I believe their employee is not as professional as I expected.   Answer Question

Treasury Manager Interview

Treasury Manager

Interviewed at AECOM

Interview Details – In Nov 2013, I had a phone interview with an HR/Talent Acquisition person. He was about 15 minutes late and did not have my resume, cover letter or bio information in front of him. After scrambling around for a few minutes we proceeded. He asked the following questions:
Have I been promoted at my current company or was I hired at the level I am at right now
What do I do in my current role
Why I want to leave my current company
What challenges I face in my current role
What I am looking to do in the future
My current salary package
The interview was about 20 minutes. I felt like he was rushing through it and not very engaged. Overall, the phone interview dampened a position and company I was otherwise very interested in.

Interview Question – What challenges I face in my current role   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Richmond, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, followed in-person interview with sr. management staff. Thorough and fair process.

Interview Question – Most Difficult is always "What are your short comings" always difficult to answer without sounding pretencious or fabricated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Uneventful

Project Accountant Interview

Project Accountant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Started as a work to hire position from an agency.

Interview Question – None. After working several months through an agency, I was offered a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was lower than agency pay. Requested that AECOM meet agency pay.

Very Easy Interview

Architectural Designer Interview

Architectural Designer
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AECOM in March 2013.

Interview Details – I knew a friend working for the company

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Langley, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AECOM in February 2010.

Interview Details – met with the President/Program Manager

Interview Question – why me? and was i familiar with a Cost Plus fixed fee contract   View Answer

Negotiation Details – favorable to me, received more than i asked for

Interviews for Top Jobs at AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM interview questions and advice. All 128 interview reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees and interview candidates.