AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Administrative Role Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an AECOM recruiter asking to set-up a phone interview. She suggested a date and time. I replied that the time would work for me. I provided a phone number that I could be reached at. When the agreed upon time occurred, the recruiter never contacted me. I sent an email back asking if she would like reschedule. Crickets. If this is how AECOM treats its applicants, I shudder to think how they treat their employees.

Communications Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn and reached out the the recruiter who posted it. The recruiter ushered me through the whole process after a phone screening and checked in periodically. The process wasn't defined upfront (ex: # of rounds) and I found out the next step as the process progressed. I had several 1X1 interviews with different managers in the company at multiple levels over a period of three weeks and enjoyed the conversational format of each 1X, as they allowed me to learn more about the company and people there and more accurately present who I am and how I think.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous assignments and multiple projects?   Answer Question

OCS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 people during the interview process, they asked you basic question about the software they use in the company. Also they told what your responsibility going to be if you get hired. I wanted to work for the company but they chose another candidate due to my lack of experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward process. Interviewed with a single manager for the position. Typical interview questions with in-depth discussion regarding expertise and government contracts. Also discussed the company and opportunities in the field for the applied position. A summary of the company philosophy and management structure was also explained. At the end of the interview, a preliminary offer was made for the position.

Interview Questions

• Summarize your expertise and how would it apply to the position.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AECOM (Freeport, TX).

Interview

Phone interview 3 times with separately with HR, supervisor and HR, and department lead to assess skills. I offer was made and the background check and all of the supporting checks took three weeks to complete before being able to start work.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in April 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I applied online, and around two weeks later, I received a phone call from HR. After that phone call, about a week later I had another phone interview with a supervisor. He said I would hear something in one to two weeks, and I was given an offer not quite two weeks later. Interview really went over my resume, and they asked pretty specific questions about my skills.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked me a lot of questions about my current internship.   Answer Question

Electrical Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM (Richland, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The Electrical planner lead and Area Operations manager sat with me and asked me a series of questions that i knew the answer to most. I studies the questions and asked them a series of questions as well

Interview Questions

• What is your experence with CMMS systems?   1 Answer

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and straightforward over and held over lunch. I met with two gentlemen from the company and they were very polite and honest as far as the current state of the company and the direction they wanted to go.

Interview Questions

• What my short and long term goals were   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

A few days after submitting my resume, HR called to set up an interview. The actual interview was standard interview, talking about what their role is and asking questions about your experience from your resume. There was only one interview before the job was offered and no second interview after the offer was accepted.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

The entire interview process was a little over an hour long, including a small tour around the office. I interviewed with two project managers at the same time. They first introduced the company - what kind of projects they do in the department I'm interviewing for, the work environment, the work structure, etc. Generic questions were asked about items written on my resume (research, experience, courses). Very simply, friendly, and pleasant.