AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview started with a phone interview after submitting my resume and cover letter. After, I went to the office to complete two more interviews. Pretty easy ( I could tell I was the front runner because I got along very well with interviewers and answered every question correctly).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AECOM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AECOM (Clemson, SC).

Interview

Conducted on-campus at Clemson University, through the Co-op Program. I was interviewed by a Vice President of the company, who was truly interested in determining my potential for long-term employment, as well as my engineering aptitude and drive for success. I interviewed 4 other companies during the process, and sided with this company because they had a location in my home town, as well as anywhere else I would want to be.

Interview Questions

• "What made you want to become an engineer?"   1 Answer

Administrative Role Interview

Interview

I was contacted by an AECOM recruiter asking to set-up a phone interview. She suggested a date and time. I replied that the time would work for me. I provided a phone number that I could be reached at. When the agreed upon time occurred, the recruiter never contacted me. I sent an email back asking if she would like reschedule. Crickets. If this is how AECOM treats its applicants, I shudder to think how they treat their employees.

Communications Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I found the job on LinkedIn and reached out the the recruiter who posted it. The recruiter ushered me through the whole process after a phone screening and checked in periodically. The process wasn't defined upfront (ex: # of rounds) and I found out the next step as the process progressed. I had several 1X1 interviews with different managers in the company at multiple levels over a period of three weeks and enjoyed the conversational format of each 1X, as they allowed me to learn more about the company and people there and more accurately present who I am and how I think.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguous assignments and multiple projects?   Answer Question

OCS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 people during the interview process, they asked you basic question about the software they use in the company. Also they told what your responsibility going to be if you get hired. I wanted to work for the company but they chose another candidate due to my lack of experience.

Field Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview, and interviewed the following week. Interviewed by 2 geologists in a conference room. The interview lasted an hour where we talked about the courses I completed at school, grades, projects, and experience. Targeted towards hydrology. Discussed job duties and travel requirements and asked how much I'd like to be paid. Overall it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience doing 'this' and 'that'? Are you ok with traveling for 2-3 weeks, coming home for a weekend, then leaving again? What was your grade in this class and your overall GPA?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

They didn't really ask any specific questions. They wanted to know who I was and what I have done that was relevant to the international development lifestyle of the company. Overall, it was pretty easy, and I didn't feel out of place what so ever. They made me feel comfortable, and the building was a nice place.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AECOM in May 2015.

Interview

Asked basic questions about my classes, old experience, and what I knew. Interview was scheduled very quickly after I was contacted for an interview, however I applied 2 months earlier. Was relaxed and conducted by people I'd potentially work with.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward process. Interviewed with a single manager for the position. Typical interview questions with in-depth discussion regarding expertise and government contracts. Also discussed the company and opportunities in the field for the applied position. A summary of the company philosophy and management structure was also explained. At the end of the interview, a preliminary offer was made for the position.

Interview Questions

• Summarize your expertise and how would it apply to the position.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AECOM (Freeport, TX).

Interview

Phone interview 3 times with separately with HR, supervisor and HR, and department lead to assess skills. I offer was made and the background check and all of the supporting checks took three weeks to complete before being able to start work.