AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AECOM (Auckland (New Zealand)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very strict. They looked for the pretty ones who could talk well. They chose people who dressed well, were clean and tidy. They liked neat clothes. They looked at my cv, and what extra stuff i did outside of school, college, and etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be here?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AECOM (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Magnasoft is a crazy company when it comes to hiring people. From past one year they have been chasing various people for Business Development position, they have approached me twice. They have a long process...wherein they would ask you to prepare a Business Plan etc for prospective business. They follow long recruitment process which a professional Tier 1 company follows, they want best of the candidates available in the market but when it comes to salary they offer peanuts. I suggest people to not waste time with Magnasoft's job openings. They don't even spend a penny for arranging one to one interview....all rounds are telephonic!! "Typical Lala company"

Interview Questions

• Questions included about my profile, capability to handle the position in discussion, my approach and strategies to get the business   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM (New London, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Video interview+ face to face interview. video interview: ask about what you can contribute to company in term of commercial awareness, ask you about why you want to work AECOM and few questions about ur strength.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AECOM in February 2008.

Interview

1 on 1 interview, know about the company and be able to talk about your strengths

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM in June 2010.

Interview

I had first a phone interview which I thought that it went great. But my one on one interview did not went great. The interview was with the department manager and he made me feel very uncomfortable. Not because of the questions but they way that he did behave, he would ask a question and when I was given my answer he will look away or act uninterested on the answer. I felted at one time to get up and leave.
    But I did stay through the whole thing. At the end I got the job but I have to say that I regret taking the job because the same hiring manager that I interview with end up not being a good manager.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AECOM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

it was good from the start to the end.
    They were helpfull and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They generally offer above the market standards, so need to negotiate.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Interview

- Existing employee referral with an initial interview followed by a second interview
    - Interview was during work hours
    - Initial interview was heavily based on technical and functional skills
    - Second interview was focused on soft skills

Interview Questions

• Develop a work breakdown structure for a typical water infrastructure project   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and then got asked for a phone interview which lasted almost an hour and a half. Very detailed questions and asked a lot of specific examples related to my area of work. I had researched the projects the interviewer had worked on previously and they seemed impressed by this. Was called back for a second interview face to face.

Interview Questions

• When asked about previous experiences I got no feed back to show reactions, it was a phone interview with two people on the line so it was difficult to know what detail to go into.   1 Answer

Negotiation

told salary, no choice

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

hiring was good. It was for a small office and I was able to prove my capabilities despite inexperience working fullt-ime for consulting previously

Interview Questions

• nothing that I can remember   1 Answer

Negotiation

I readily accepted but asked for more vacation

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Good lenghten discussion on past experince and situation questions.They would access your strength ,skill and personality to seek whether you would fit into the team and the organization as a whole.

Interview Questions

• They would try to say something opposite or conflicting your thoughts to thier questions. Try to be friendly and respect thier comments and elaborate you anewer a little bite with a couple of past cases. Respect other team members different thought is very important in a large organisation and get the best out of the team... ....   Answer Question