AECOM

Updated Apr 5, 2014

Getting the Interview

119 candidate interviews

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AECOM in February 2008.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interview, know about the company and be able to talk about your strengths

Interview Question – tell me a weakness   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AECOM in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had first a phone interview which I thought that it went great. But my one on one interview did not went great. The interview was with the department manager and he made me feel very uncomfortable. Not because of the questions but they way that he did behave, he would ask a question and when I was given my answer he will look away or act uninterested on the answer. I felted at one time to get up and leave.
But I did stay through the whole thing. At the end I got the job but I have to say that I regret taking the job because the same hiring manager that I interview with end up not being a good manager.

Interview Question – What is your more negative experience at work?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AECOM in December 2010.

Interview Details – it was good from the start to the end.
They were helpfull and knew what they were looking for.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line ? ;)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They generally offer above the market standards, so need to negotiate.

Project Controls Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – - Existing employee referral with an initial interview followed by a second interview
- Interview was during work hours
- Initial interview was heavily based on technical and functional skills
- Second interview was focused on soft skills

Interview Question – Develop a work breakdown structure for a typical water infrastructure project   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Applied online and then got asked for a phone interview which lasted almost an hour and a half. Very detailed questions and asked a lot of specific examples related to my area of work. I had researched the projects the interviewer had worked on previously and they seemed impressed by this. Was called back for a second interview face to face.

Interview Question – When asked about previous experiences I got no feed back to show reactions, it was a phone interview with two people on the line so it was difficult to know what detail to go into.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – told salary, no choice

Technical Specialist Interview

Technical Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at AECOM in May 2009.

Interview Details – hiring was good. It was for a small office and I was able to prove my capabilities despite inexperience working fullt-ime for consulting previously

Interview Question – nothing that I can remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I readily accepted but asked for more vacation

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in September 2012.

Interview Details – Good lenghten discussion on past experince and situation questions.They would access your strength ,skill and personality to seek whether you would fit into the team and the organization as a whole.

Interview Question – They would try to say something opposite or conflicting your thoughts to thier questions. Try to be friendly and respect thier comments and elaborate you anewer a little bite with a couple of past cases. Respect other team members different thought is very important in a large organisation and get the best out of the team... ....   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in June 2010.

Interview Details – Great Talent Acquisition team made you feel part of the AECOM family from the start. Great on-boarding process

Interview Question – Behaviour based interview process, more sophisticated than most   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Friendly and fast

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Assessment Day consisting of
- Presentation by HR manager
- Personality Questionnaire
- Technical test consisting of an engineering scenario where you have to create solutions
- Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AECOM in January 2012.

Interview Details – In depth interview covering every aspect of my past experience of both countries worked in and different type of projects.

Interview Question – Why should we employ you over anyone else ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Protracted, but ultimately very fair result

Interviews for Top Jobs at AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM interview questions and advice. All 119 interview reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees and interview candidates.