AECOM

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in October 2010.

The hiring process was well organized. The interviewers were very nice and professional. I was a bit put off by the number of steps in the hiring process once an offer had been accepted but I think it was because they were doing the hiring process for an overseas assignment through the US offices. I think it was more funny than frustrating. The interviewers were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewers were very good and professional. They did not seem to be trying to trip me up. The whole process was schedule driven and AECOM was on time each and every call or meeting   View Answer
    They offered a great salary but I had to negotiate (hard) to get the appropriate housing and car allowance for an overseas assignment

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in September 2014.

Applied on line through AECOM website. Got a return call from recruiter. Followed that up with a phone interview and then am in person interview. Never heard romantic them again.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather do the work or win the work.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Combined face to face and Skype interview with HR an discipline team leaders. Friendly open discussion with straightforward questions relating to experience. Second half of interview was a less formal 'get to know you a bit more' chat. No Vulcan mind-claw psychometric techniques were employed - that I was conscious of ?

Interview Questions
    • Related to a disastrous project I had been involved with. The question - 'I guess what we're asking, was it your fault.'   View Answer
    Relaxed.

Graduates UK & Ireland 2015 - Environment/Earth Science & Engineering Interview

I have been preparing the application for AECOM for weeks. I submitted it at 2am, and the morning after before 12pm I already had a reply saying that they were not going to proceed further with my application.
    I felt very confident about this application, I had all the skills required + 5 years of experience. Don't know what AECOM is really looking for, but definitely they make you go through all the effort of the online application without reading 1/4 of it, I can't find any other explanation for them to give such a quick reply.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions, show your interest about the company   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

First step, prescreening of resume. I applied online.
    HR contacted me for more information and set up a phone interview.
    There are two seniors on the phone and asked my background and experience etc., which is quite normal questions. And then we go through the technical part, which I think is quite challenging for me. Then after several days I was asked to apply a form, which indicates that I could go to the next step. The final part is on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask really specific questions unlike other companies. How to model? What if questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Called by a recruiter who found my resume online and set up an in-person interview. Had the in-person a few days later with my future manager. The interview was over an hour. I was provided with a detailed description of the position and career path available. Questions covered skills, background, interests, and knowledge base. Although it was one of the longest interviews I've ever had, it was very comfortable. The hardest part was waiting for the offer - although I received update calls, the offer didn't come for about two weeks.

Civil Engineer EIT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Receive a phone call interview, questions like do you know our company, and why you want to this job. It is all regular HR questions but after one week they reject me as well.....I think if you have second step interview that means you are almost there....

Modeler Interview

phone interview with a manager and another senior in the modeling group. the interviewers are nice. They ask your background, experience first, as usual. And then they throw several questions, technical questions about demand modeling, since it is the modeling group, questions such as how to survey, how to create the model and other details.

Interview Questions
    • quite a few questions about how to model. calibration and validation   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

I was called by a hiring agency that AECOM required an Administrative Assistant so I was one of the fortunate candidates to be called by Human Resources and do a one-on-one interview with the Human Resource Manager then followed by the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy to answer but I felt a bit tensed as the previous CEO of Maunsell currently known as AECOM looked like a terror but as the interviewed continued I felt comfortable talking and impressing him with my skills.   Answer Question
    When working in the Middle East you have to be clear with the packages offered in the contract as most employment contracts does not state clearly what is covered such as the annual ticket and if overtime is paid.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in December 2013.

In total 5 meetings were scheduled; of these two telephone conversations and/or negotiations were run; there were two office tours were conducted, and finally one meeting with staff occurred.