AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.7

Civil Engineer EIT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Receive a phone call interview, questions like do you know our company, and why you want to this job. It is all regular HR questions but after one week they reject me as well.....I think if you have second step interview that means you are almost there....

Modeler Interview

phone interview with a manager and another senior in the modeling group. the interviewers are nice. They ask your background, experience first, as usual. And then they throw several questions, technical questions about demand modeling, since it is the modeling group, questions such as how to survey, how to create the model and other details.

Interview Questions
    • quite a few questions about how to model. calibration and validation   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

I was called by a hiring agency that AECOM required an Administrative Assistant so I was one of the fortunate candidates to be called by Human Resources and do a one-on-one interview with the Human Resource Manager then followed by the CEO of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy to answer but I felt a bit tensed as the previous CEO of Maunsell currently known as AECOM looked like a terror but as the interviewed continued I felt comfortable talking and impressing him with my skills.   Answer Question
    When working in the Middle East you have to be clear with the packages offered in the contract as most employment contracts does not state clearly what is covered such as the annual ticket and if overtime is paid.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in December 2013.

In total 5 meetings were scheduled; of these two telephone conversations and/or negotiations were run; there were two office tours were conducted, and finally one meeting with staff occurred.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at AECOM in July 2012.

You need to have a leadership personality and show confidence, construction detail knowledge and CAD skills.
    If you show you are a professional that know what you are doing they will definitely hire you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philipsburg, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philipsburg, MT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM in January 2010.

Sit down and talk, went very smooth. Had a discussion with them they like to talk. made sure I knew all the information about the company. bring referals if possible. Show them confidence and make sure you smile and do not be mad

none

Systems Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM in March 2014.

Quick hiring process, technical and general interview, 2 persons, quick answer on position offered. Schedule received was not ideal but it is what the mission required. Good and stress-free work environment

Interview Questions
    Quick, due to contract limitations for salary

Scientist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Two hour interview with six employees over three rounds. The interviewers were very welcoming and gave me both the pros and cons in working for AECOM. Neither materials nor a presentation were required. Bringing a few examples of work were good points of discussion and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • There really was not any hard questions. Questions were mostly about my background and if consulting is right for me.   Answer Question
    Negotiation only ended up in $1,000 increase.

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Pretty standard interview. We talked about my resume and asked me to elaborate on my experiences. Didn't really ask technical questions. They really want people that have a passion for sustainable design solution, and really value people with strong communication skills.

CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AECOM in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone and office interview. Met with all managers in office. Interview was pleasant. No tough questions asked. Interview seemed more about making sure personality was compatible with others in office.