AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.7

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

mostly just questions and interviews with senior management and human resources. several rounds involved with successively more senior personnel. went for lunch for an informal discussion after the initial phone interview before going to their office for two rounds of formal interviews. offer came verbally with request to confirm before receiving paperwork in the mail. no real benefits included and only small chance of obtaining bonus unless you are part of senior management.

Interview Questions

boring company that has a wall street feel

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in February 2015.

Interview

- 2 phone interviews, one for screening, other is actual interview. They called to ask about my background and where i am looking to work in the field. They asked regular questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? situation of leadership? why this job? what do you bring?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

I was asked to meet with a program coordinator and senior engineer. Both of them were very outgoing and genuinely interested in measuring for fit - both on their end and on my end. The conversation started by them asking what I want to get out of my job and the position. They later discussed more about what they were looking for, and wanted to ensure I was someone they could work WITH. Overall, not as scary of a process as I anticipated; however, I prepared for it diligently (just like anyone should do).

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for and what do I want to get out of this position?   Answer Question

Systems Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy overall. One interview with a panel and calls from HR afterwards with offers. Some negotiation was required to increase base salary since there are no bonuses offered. Drug test and background check was required. Overall pretty easy process and easier if you can get your foot in the door with someone you know who works there. I was up against other applicants but they chose me based on experience and referral. I would recommend working here, although there is not a lot of room for growth or bonuses unless you ask about that in the beginning or change departments to get a new job.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olmsted, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Olmsted, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called on the phone with two members of the team asking questions and reviewing my history and future. One of the interviewers seemed experienced in quality while the other seemed to be more is a sales role that seemed odd.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work in Quality?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

2 interviews in person at the Arlington office. And for the most part they wanted to see if you understood USAID regulations and why you wanted to enter the field of international development. Also if you would be willing to travel.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AECOM (Croydon, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is standard. Is divided in this steps 1)Application online on the graduate positions 2) Online Assessment :Online Numerical Assessment and Video Interview Total of 40 minutes to one hour 3)Assestment Day in Croydon Office, technical problem, writing and some more questions 4) Potential job offer

Interview Questions

• Interview divided in different parts: 1) writing about one topic who you can choose from a list 2) techincal question mainly to evaluate your reasoning sskills and basic technical question   Answer Question

Wildlife Biologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

It was well done with key people. I was asked very technical questions and given problem solving situations. I was provided the opportunity due to a referral from a friend who had worked there for a few years already. The team was a close knit group and got along well. It had an almost family atmosphere to it. Mind you this was while it was a legacy company before AECOM took it over. The interview was laid back and easy.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with an employee and he/she showed me around the office. I then gave a 5 min presentation to a panel and then they questioned me. I was interviewed for about 30 minutes and then the process was over.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in your life where you failed, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was straight forward, no trick questions and the interviewer was helpful and supportive as long as you know what you are talking about. I was referred to AECOM by a previous colleague who moved to AECOM. It is the best way to get a Job. Relying on HR or talent acquisition people won't get you a job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous roles and responsibilities, Projects I worked on and challenges faced on these projects and what were the solutions that I worked on in order to tackle these challenges.   Answer Question