AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AECOM in May 2015.

Interview

Asked basic questions about my classes, old experience, and what I knew. Interview was scheduled very quickly after I was contacted for an interview, however I applied 2 months earlier. Was relaxed and conducted by people I'd potentially work with.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward process. Interviewed with a single manager for the position. Typical interview questions with in-depth discussion regarding expertise and government contracts. Also discussed the company and opportunities in the field for the applied position. A summary of the company philosophy and management structure was also explained. At the end of the interview, a preliminary offer was made for the position.

Interview Questions

• Summarize your expertise and how would it apply to the position.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AECOM (Freeport, TX).

Interview

Phone interview 3 times with separately with HR, supervisor and HR, and department lead to assess skills. I offer was made and the background check and all of the supporting checks took three weeks to complete before being able to start work.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM in April 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I applied online, and around two weeks later, I received a phone call from HR. After that phone call, about a week later I had another phone interview with a supervisor. He said I would hear something in one to two weeks, and I was given an offer not quite two weeks later. Interview really went over my resume, and they asked pretty specific questions about my skills.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked me a lot of questions about my current internship.   Answer Question

Electrical Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Richland, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The Electrical planner lead and Area Operations manager sat with me and asked me a series of questions that i knew the answer to most. I studies the questions and asked them a series of questions as well

Interview Questions

• What is your experence with CMMS systems?   1 Answer

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM (Norfolk, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and straightforward over and held over lunch. I met with two gentlemen from the company and they were very polite and honest as far as the current state of the company and the direction they wanted to go.

Interview Questions

• What my short and long term goals were   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

A few days after submitting my resume, HR called to set up an interview. The actual interview was standard interview, talking about what their role is and asking questions about your experience from your resume. There was only one interview before the job was offered and no second interview after the offer was accepted.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

The entire interview process was a little over an hour long, including a small tour around the office. I interviewed with two project managers at the same time. They first introduced the company - what kind of projects they do in the department I'm interviewing for, the work environment, the work structure, etc. Generic questions were asked about items written on my resume (research, experience, courses). Very simply, friendly, and pleasant.

Corporate Finance Interview

Interview

Applied through career center and got the invitation of phone interview two weeks after. The interviewer is very friendly and overall great experience. Asked questions about performance matrices and I was not prepared for that

HVAC Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AECOM (Orange, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 months. I applied through the company website and heard back from HR after a month. Arranged an in person interview where I spoke to the hiring manager and other team members. The interview did not include any behavioral questions and focused on my experience and how it is related to the position. After the interview I kept contact with the recruiter and a few days later he told me that I am overqualified for the position and I would be a better fit for a different group within the company that did not at the time have any openings.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer HVAC design or high performance building design?   1 Answer