AECOM

131 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Accountant Interview

Project Accountant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Started as a work to hire position from an agency.

Interview Question – None. After working several months through an agency, I was offered a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was lower than agency pay. Requested that AECOM meet agency pay.

Very Easy Interview

Architectural Designer Interview

Architectural Designer
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AECOM in March 2013.

Interview Details – I knew a friend working for the company

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Langley, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AECOM in February 2010.

Interview Details – met with the President/Program Manager

Interview Question – why me? and was i familiar with a Cost Plus fixed fee contract   View Answer

Negotiation Details – favorable to me, received more than i asked for

Civil Engineer (Graduate Engineer) Interview

Civil Engineer (Graduate Engineer)
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, Where my resume made it through first round and I was placed in the initial interviews. Interview started as one on one, then morphed into a group interview. Be prepared with basic interview question knowledge and you should be fine.

Interview Question – What makes you the best fit for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Interviews are handled by the business and depends on the interviewer. depending on your position, it can highly skill-based questions or more problem-solving. the most important thing is to do the home work to understand what the position is asked for in the short run and be ready to share what your long-term goals are.

Interview Question – Believe it or not, some folks aren't even prepared to answer the simplest questions, such as why did you decide to join.... or even just discuss job-specific or -related current trends/news etc.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – I went to a single interview in 2007. I feel I was evaluated more for my personality and fit with the team than my professional qualifications. The interviewers were my future manager and coworker and I felt like I connected with them immediately. I got an offer and accepted it the following day.

Interview Question – The interviewers were very interested in what I did outside of work and when I mentioned online video games, specifically World of Warcraft. The manager then asked me if I were hired if I would be willing to transfer my character to their server and play with them. That was a VERY unexpected question!   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer
Chelmsford, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on company website. Followed up with call to office HR. They called me for an interview shortly after. I interviewed with 2 managing engineers. That's always better than HR people because the questions were all about my prior experience. No curveball HR questions. Second interview was with several team members I would be working with. It was almost more of a get-to-know-you session than an interview. I think there were several candidates that could do the job technically but they wanted a good fit personality-wise.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I wish I did though because raises are few and far between.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at AECOM

Interview Details – Got job from buddy

Interview Question – How do you feel about terminating older employees?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level Bridge Engineer Interview

Entry Level Bridge Engineer
Downers Grove, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 12 months - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Met senior technical recruiter at college campus career fair one year prior to initial phone interview. Following phone interview, four months passed before notification of an in person interview. Multiple phone calls and emails were made to the senior technical recruiter seeking an answer to an employment decision. After a month and half of waiting, contact was made again to the same recruiter and was told position was either cancelled or put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Are you really sure you want to do this or do you just want this position just to get back to work?   View Answer
  • How do you handle stressful situations with changing tasks?   View Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AECOM in June 2011.

Interview Details – 1 interview and after few weeks departed to afghanistan

Interview Question – how would i be taken care of once i go oconus?   Answer Question