AECOM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at AECOM

Interview Details – Took a long time, and had to meet with too many different people. The people were very friendly and open however, and I enjoyed meeting them all. It seemed like it would have been a good company to work for and I was disappointed to not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Explain the CEQA process from start to finish for an EIR.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer II Interview

Environmental Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Online application, phone-call with HR to set-up interview, two interviews in-office with various staff, one-on-one.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as it was my first job out of college in a poor economy.

Landscape Designer Interview

Landscape Designer
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – the interview was a phone interview with a group of associates in the office. they were interested in my interests as a designer and my technical skills. asked which of my work was group work. they asked me to go through my portfolio and talk about some projects that were especially meaningful to me. they spoke about their work and their typical scale and scope.

Interview Question – what part of landscape architecture i was ost intersted in   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Straightforward process. Resume submitted, emails back and forth then first phone interview. Followed by online application process that was a little muddled, but eventually was cleared up. Final phone interview led to salary negotiations.

Interview Question – Had to explain how my background fit in with their services without too much detailed knowledge of types or process involved.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Springfield, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AECOM in June 2013.

Interview Details – Group inteview with business and operations senior managers

Interview Question – What are you the right person for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This interview was for a PM position on a government contract. Straightforward. Company benefits were set, and salary range pre-determined by contract terms. More of a discovery process than negotiation. AECOM execs were friendly, professional, and upfront with the details of the position and contract.

Scientist Interview

Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. The first was a computer based interview done from home. One part was recording responses on webcam to about five different interview questions. The second part was written and asked basic information about my background. The second round of interviews was held at the location of the position. .

Interview Question – All questions were basic.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Transportation Engineer I Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter 8 days after I applied online. An in-person interview was set up for the following week. They gave me a list of dates to choose from. I interviewed with two people from AECOM for an hour. Two weeks after the interview, I was contacted by the recruiter to inform me that funding was not approved by the DOT. Therefore, unfortunately no one was going to be hired at the time. The interviewers told me I did well after the interview and the recruiter expressed positive reviews.

Interview Question – The interviewers actually had me take the reign and ask most of the questions. Come prepared with a list of questions! It was a very lax and comfortable environment.

They asked me to explain in detail what experience I had with the software programs I listed on my resume.
  Answer Question

Air Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – The process was not long and drawn out, but was a little intimidating with several more people than the typical interview. General questions were asked and everything seemed reasonable.

Interview Question – There weren't any really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was made acquainted with this company firstly through an email from my collegiate advisory. I responded, and heard back very fast. From thence, the pace of hiring slowed down. An interview was set. The project I was being hired for was to start imminently, so I can safely say the interview was pretty easy. Interviewed by a panel of managers. All I needed was to display the familiarity with the principles needed for the project, and display confidence and charisma.

Interview Question – Nothing to me was perceived as difficult. A person should be prepared to ramify on any previous projects in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but a colleague who did, did not receive anything more. They were told, the offer was set by HR.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewers were very friendly. I met with multiple people during each round of the interviewing, and they made sure to give me the opportunity to speak with employees who were working on projects I was the most interested in. I kept the same main contact throughout the process. Interviews were a combination of asking me about my background and interests as well as information about the company and giving me the chance to ask them about anything.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question