AECOM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Phone and office interview. Met with all managers in office. Interview was pleasant. No tough questions asked. Interview seemed more about making sure personality was compatible with others in office.

Scientist I, Geology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job on 05-21. I got my first call on 06-04. My interview was on 06-12. I interviewed with the PM Geologist and then with an engineer. I met with both men individually. I got a call back today, 06-23 and an offer was extended to me.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. He wanted to know about my prior field, technical writing, and my educational experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Recommended by a friend and submitted a resume. Interviewed over the phone and then met in person to tour the office. Went to lunch with other employees and the manager to discuss work and life. Continued to negotiate by phone and email as some of the requirements were completed and prior to the written offer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AECOM (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty average, the interviewer was the head of global civil infrastructure. He was not trying to trip me up, he wanted me to get the position and most of his questions were basic and self explanatory. Just be honest with your experience and why you want to work at AECOM.

Treasury Manager Interview

Interview

In Nov 2013, I had a phone interview with an HR/Talent Acquisition person. He was about 15 minutes late and did not have my resume, cover letter or bio information in front of him. After scrambling around for a few minutes we proceeded. He asked the following questions:
    Have I been promoted at my current company or was I hired at the level I am at right now
    What do I do in my current role
    Why I want to leave my current company
    What challenges I face in my current role
    What I am looking to do in the future
    My current salary package
    The interview was about 20 minutes. I felt like he was rushing through it and not very engaged. Overall, the phone interview dampened a position and company I was otherwise very interested in.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Phone Interview, followed in-person interview with sr. management staff. Thorough and fair process.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult is always "What are your short comings" always difficult to answer without sounding pretencious or fabricated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uneventful

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Started as a work to hire position from an agency.

Interview Questions

• None. After working several months through an agency, I was offered a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was lower than agency pay. Requested that AECOM meet agency pay.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AECOM (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

I went to a single interview in 2007. I feel I was evaluated more for my personality and fit with the team than my professional qualifications. The interviewers were my future manager and coworker and I felt like I connected with them immediately. I got an offer and accepted it the following day.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers were very interested in what I did outside of work and when I mentioned online video games, specifically World of Warcraft. The manager then asked me if I were hired if I would be willing to transfer my character to their server and play with them. That was a VERY unexpected question!   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AECOM.

Interview

Interviews are handled by the business and depends on the interviewer. depending on your position, it can highly skill-based questions or more problem-solving. the most important thing is to do the home work to understand what the position is asked for in the short run and be ready to share what your long-term goals are.

Interview Questions

• Believe it or not, some folks aren't even prepared to answer the simplest questions, such as why did you decide to join.... or even just discuss job-specific or -related current trends/news etc.   1 Answer

Senior Positiion Interview

Anonymous Employee in South China, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM (South China, ME) in March 2014.

Interview

This is the worst decision I have ever made to apply a job with Aecom. A few days after my first interview with the landscape manager, I was told they were offering me a senior position and I received an oral offer one week later.

However they have made me waited for a month and I didn't heard from them, so I called the HR to find out my status, they told me the hiring process is taking too long and I should move on if I am still looking for a job, because they are not sure when this application be approved.

Honestly I have done research on Aecom, there are too many negative comment to read and I should have trusted myself it is a red flag.

Interview Questions

• They brought a junior designer to interview and the manager left her interview me alone for work in 2 hours. She asked me random questions and that is when I believe their employee is not as professional as I expected.   Answer Question