AECOM

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.6

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

Submitted resume online at company website. Received call from HR within a week and was scheduled for an inperson interview for the following week. On-site interview was with hiring manage, 3 Project Managers and senior leadership. Interview lasted for about 3 and half hours.
    Questions were about technical and project management experience. Conversation revolved around previous projects and experience. Overall, everyone seemed nice and reasonable.

Interview Questions
    • Not really. Although wasn't expecting direct question about salary expectation.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

interviewed at AECOM in March 2013.

The process was long, and took a while to hear back after submitting my resume. Also the online section of the interviews made the process very stressful. It would have been better to had just completed a phone interview or something of that nature. Overall though the process wasn't terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you found that your results were not up to your professor's or supervisor's expectations. What happened? What action did you take?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM in March 2013.

Interviewers were very friendly. I met with multiple people during each round of the interviewing, and they made sure to give me the opportunity to speak with employees who were working on projects I was the most interested in. I kept the same main contact throughout the process. Interviews were a combination of asking me about my background and interests as well as information about the company and giving me the chance to ask them about anything.

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AECOM in March 2013.

I knew a friend working for the company

Web Developer Interview

Initially contacted from Recruiter after submitting the resume for the job. I got a call from the recruiter to discuss about some basic attributes of the job. Then, a telephonic interview happened with Hiring Manager which was about 30-45 minutes long and discussed about my projects and skills. Once, I passed the telephonic interview then a face to face interview was scheduled with Hiring manager and then director. The interview process was not so tough and long. The total f2f interview process took about couple of hours.

Interview Questions
    • At the time of interview, mostly they asked some common questions about the web technologies.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AECOM in January 2013.

I was contacted though a recruiter that notified me about a opening that was about to be posted on their jobs board. The recruiter found my information because I had applied for a HR position that she told me I was over qualified for. My whole recruitment process ( or to get a rejection) took about 2.5 months. However I do believe this was due to the holiday season.

The people that I interviewed with were great people and I would have loved to work with them. They really did seem down to earth and overall I had a great interview. Generally I felt that my in face interviews went really well and I was told by one of the interviewers that while looking though all the resumes they received I was a top candidate. After hearing such high praise I felt confident that everything went well.

Now the bad...I left the in person interview feeling good and the next day I received a email from the recruiter telling me that the interview went well and they wanted me back for another interview the next week. I tried to contacted the recruiter (called and emailed) the following week and she kept on dragging her feet on scheduling the next interview. Then finally two weeks had passed and I heard nothing. So I emailed again to check in and I was informed that they were moving on.

I know a lot of things can change and recruiting is not easy. However I know they could have done better of informing me of my status. Also they have not told me I was a top candidate, telling me that it well and inviting for another interview. (which never happened)

Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

I applied for a different position and when they read my resume asked me to come in for the Production Position. I did a phone interview first with the Proposal Manager. Next I came in for an interview with the Project Director and a Proposal Coordinator (both people that I would be working with on production based work). I was then contacted about accepting the position.

Interview Questions
    • Did not regard my Peace Corps experience as actual work. I found this disheartening since 2 years was quite a commitment.   Answer Question
    I was offered a rather low initial salary and then negotiated for a better position. I found that although they pay low to start with you can advance and receive significant bumps after you begin work - if you do well.

Landscape Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AECOM.

The interview process included an initial phone screening interview. Next I interviewed with three senior associates who worked in the Design and Planning group. Most of the interview dealt with my personality and whether I would work well with the staff already on the team. Two of the interviewers asked more difficult questions while the third paid more attention to my answers and took more notes.

Interview Questions
    Nonnegotiable offer. Company has standard pay grades for positions when hired.

Engineer Aid Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AECOM in August 2012.

After my intern position, they offered me a promotion and I took it.

Bio negotiation was possible

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at AECOM in July 2012.

You need to have a leadership personality and show confidence, construction detail knowledge and CAD skills.
    If you show you are a professional that know what you are doing they will definitely hire you.