AECOM

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – the interview was a phone interview with a group of associates in the office. they were interested in my interests as a designer and my technical skills. asked which of my work was group work. they asked me to go through my portfolio and talk about some projects that were especially meaningful to me. they spoke about their work and their typical scale and scope.

Interview Question – what part of landscape architecture i was ost intersted in   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AECOM.

Interview Details – The interview process included an initial phone screening interview. Next I interviewed with three senior associates who worked in the Design and Planning group. Most of the interview dealt with my personality and whether I would work well with the staff already on the team. Two of the interviewers asked more difficult questions while the third paid more attention to my answers and took more notes.

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult team you worked for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonnegotiable offer. Company has standard pay grades for positions when hired.

Landscape Designer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in January 2012.

Interview Details – First round was group interview with 4 staff members. After the first group interview, I met with 2 other senior staff / principals and that was the second round of interview. I presented my portfolio twice and both groups asked me different questions. They showed me the projects that they are working on. Overall, everyone was nice and they seemed interested in my work. The contact person told me when he would be in touch with me again. Seemed organized.

Interview Question – What is your design inspiration in general?   Answer Question

Landscape Designer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AECOM in January 2009.

Interview Details – Refferal based. First interview over the phone with Human Resources Manager. After a week had a meeting with the principal in charge of the office. Looked at my previous work porfolio. Received an offer the same date and had to think about it. After two days of negotiation, accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Why did you choose this company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM Landscape Designer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees and interview candidates.