AEI Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014
9 interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AEI in July 2014.

I had 8 interviews, totaling about 7 hours. I met with human resources twice (the first and last interviews), an office manager, 3 research fellows/scholars, and 2 vice presidents. They wanted to make sure that I would get along with everyone that I would potentially be working with. The interview questions were fairly standard, although repetitive as each person tended to ask a lot of the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • If the current administration contacted you seeking advice on what to do (about any current crisis), what would you tell them the US should do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AEI in December 2013.

Questions were very straight forward. Mostly asked about specific experiences from my resume and explained more details about the job. It was very much a two way interview and felt more like a discussion towards the end. Interviews and internships vary greatly by department and scholar.

I heard back about 2 weeks later that I got the position.

N/A (interns are unpaid)

Research Intern Interview

There were two phone call interviews scheduled. I got the offer 3 days after the second interview. The supervisors are nice. Questions included stata experiences, future plan, why AEI, etc.

Research Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AEI.

There were three interviews. One phone interview, one in-person interview with another Research Assistant, and another in-person interview with the heads of the department. The interviews were very focused on precise experiences and skill sets that matched the desired skills of the job posting.

Interview Questions
    • In five years, what experiences would you like to have had between now and then?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AEI in January 2014.

Applied through their website and was contacted several weeks later to set up an interview. First round was with HR and asked the basic questions like why you want to work here, experience, background etc. Second round was with a scholar and the questions were more specific.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at AEI.

I had a two part interview, the first part was with the HR Generalist and the second part was with the head of the HR department. They both asked the same general questions. They seemed to take the position very seriously and stressed that the next stage of the interview process would be a lot more intense. Other than that it was a pretty straight forward first interview.

Development Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AEI.

First had pretty standard interview with someone in HR, and then I interviewed with two staff members on the team. The HR interview was pretty standard, "tell me about yourself" and what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc. Everyone I interviewed with was friendly and courteous. The interview with the staff members was laid back and more like a conversation than formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging, other than it felt less like a formal interview than I was expecting.   Answer Question

Development Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AEI.

Applied via email with resume and cover letter, approached within a week regarding a phone interview. Phone interview ~30 minutes, heard back a week later that I got the position.

I was not paid.

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AEI in June 2010.

Two round interview process

Interview Questions

Worked for AEI? Contribute to the Community!