AEP

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.6

Regional Environmental Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AEP.

The interview was about 2 hours. I met with the person I would be replacing and the sector head for the first hour, then spent about 45 minutes with the person I would be replacing on a tour of the office and for a chance to ask any questions. The questions were pretty basic. They wanted to know about what I had experience with, and if I would fit the company culture (mainly if safety was a priority in my life/work). I did not get any "test" questions about regulations or procedures. They cared more about my personality and work ethic as a "self starter" than they did about the hard knowledge, as they said they plan to teach me anything I do not already know. That was really nice and made for a relaxed interview where I felt like I could be myself.

Interview Questions
    • What are your greatest weaknesses both professionally and outside of work?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if someone was not getting a job done that they were required to do?   Answer Question

Graphics Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied online – interviewed at AEP in June 2014.

In person interview that lasted 3 hours. Mostly questions about my background and work ethics. Interviewed by 2 people and then assigned to another person to show the main aspects of the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult and were basically asking about my skills and knowledge.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AEP.

I was called in for a series of tests that included sitting at a workstation and listening to a series of calls coming in and responding with ABC or D answer. Also sat through 2 interviews that day, a seminar from the General Manager and Human Services Rep. After testing, I waited a month before hearing it I was hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base was $11.00 for 8 weeks of training. My pay increased on a regular basis over a 2 year period up to $14,92 per hour.

Meter Reader/Manpower Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at AEP in April 2014.

This was simple, and I had the job but lost it due to a felony 6yrs ago. (AEP requires none in 7yrs.) The position was not easy to find at all, got a lead thru a friend that Manpower was contracting meter readers as AEP will be phasing them out over the next 3years with smart meters.

I called manpower, already had an account set up on their site. They set me for testing a week later. At the interview of 10, I was one of 2 that dressed for it. It was more testing than interview, no direct questions. The testing had nothing to do with reading the dial of a meter* There were two timed tests; table tests where you read a sentence and mark the circles to the qualifying groups.
    * So studying will do you NO GOOD. Be well rested. It is time -vs- accuracy, and AEP prioritizes accuracy over speed. No one can finish the test in time, it is designed that way. Both tests were about 5 minutes.

Whole day took 2hrs. Was very easy... sad I didn't get the job as it was awesome!

Good Luck!

They offered, then declined due to my background check.

Maintenance PSL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brilliant, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brilliant, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at AEP.

Asked basic questions. Interviewed by Maintenance Team Leader and Asst. Plant Manager, was told I would hear one way or another who gets the position, found out through grapevine that I didn't get it.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AEP in September 2013.

The interview process was fairly typical for a large corporation. Prescreening through an online form, then an in-person interview. Took about a month to get a response.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly standard for a project coordinator position. There wasn't anything particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AEP.

Online application, aptitude testing, interview by five person panel, drug testing and physical, job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if in the company parking lot you saw a fellow employee taking company property?   View Answer
    Hourly rate was non- negotiable.

Power Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AEP.

Got a phone interview with no advanced notice. First, there were some questions related to my resume and the reason to apply for this job, then, some technical questions

Transmission Planning Engineer Interview

interviewed at AEP in March 2013.

What is conora?
    What is shunt reactor?

Transmission Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AEP in March 2013.

Applied online via company website. After two weeks, got a phone interview with no advanced notice. Phone screen with questions about my resume and around 6 technical questions. The interview covers mostly power system operations, power system fault analysis and transmission modeling & analysis. Then they said if selected, they will arrange me an on-sit interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the factors that may affect real power flow   View Answer