AEP

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

Benton Harbor, MI

I applied online - interviewed at AEP in February 2012.

Interview Details – That was not bad; BUT IT WAS A GROUP INTERVIEW WHICH i HAD NOT EXPERIENCED BEFORE. It involved Senior Tech, HR rep, Supervisor and regional manager. All of them asked questions and talked about the importance of working safe of the job and working as team. (what a joke)

Interview Question – Customer relations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was none

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AEP in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a very easy interview. They do not appear to be very selective, which worked in my favor. They asked questions and I answered. I wore a nice suit.

Interview Question – What kind of tree are you?   View Answer

Meter Reader/Manpower Interview

Meter Reader/Manpower
Newark, OH

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AEP in April 2014.

Interview Details – This was simple, and I had the job but lost it due to a felony 6yrs ago. (AEP requires none in 7yrs.) The position was not easy to find at all, got a lead thru a friend that Manpower was contracting meter readers as AEP will be phasing them out over the next 3years with smart meters.

I called manpower, already had an account set up on their site. They set me for testing a week later. At the interview of 10, I was one of 2 that dressed for it. It was more testing than interview, no direct questions. The testing had nothing to do with reading the dial of a meter* There were two timed tests; table tests where you read a sentence and mark the circles to the qualifying groups.
* So studying will do you NO GOOD. Be well rested. It is time -vs- accuracy, and AEP prioritizes accuracy over speed. No one can finish the test in time, it is designed that way. Both tests were about 5 minutes.

Whole day took 2hrs. Was very easy... sad I didn't get the job as it was awesome!

Good Luck!

Reason for Declining – They offered, then declined due to my background check.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at AEP.

Interview Details – I was called in for a series of tests that included sitting at a workstation and listening to a series of calls coming in and responding with ABC or D answer. Also sat through 2 interviews that day, a seminar from the General Manager and Human Services Rep. After testing, I waited a month before hearing it I was hired.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out as difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base was $11.00 for 8 weeks of training. My pay increased on a regular basis over a 2 year period up to $14,92 per hour.

Transmission P&C Electrical Engineer Interview

Transmission P&C Electrical Engineer
Gahanna, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AEP in March 2011.

Interview Details – AEP was under a hiring freeze. I was lucky to recieve a position after being a co-op for two summers. They only hired co-ops at that time. Right now they hire a lot of employees through first time interviews or through our close friend EASi engineering. A good way to get your foot in the door. As a co-op I signed up through my university. I recieved an interview to become a co-op student. When I recieved a job offer there was an interview but it was prefunctory and with the co-op lady. My supervisor just read my resume and said he wanted me; there was no interview with him. After the co-op interview to be hired full time they "hire" you and then work on finding you a position and you give them options of where you would like to work. It really pays to be a co-op.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. Very typical. Favorite classes. Examples of overcoming difficutl situations. Example of team work. Hobbies, etc., Your best and worst qualities. What you know about AEP and why you want to work for them. What are you career goals for the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was essentially hired on the spot. I was given my salary, no negotiation. I was given a date to go get a drug test. I was sent a folder of information.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Hurricane, WV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AEP in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied, Phone interview, testing, then interview

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Maintenance PSL Interview

Maintenance PSL
Brilliant, OH

I applied through other source and interviewed at AEP.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions. Interviewed by Maintenance Team Leader and Asst. Plant Manager, was told I would hear one way or another who gets the position, found out through grapevine that I didn't get it.

Interview Question – Just basic questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Meter Reader Interview

Meter Reader
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AEP in February 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very easy. Submitted application online. Two weeks later took meter reading test and drug test. Conducted interviews immediately following meter reading test. One with HR and one with hiring manager. Was hired the same day.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The starting salary was higher than what I was initially told. I was very pleased!!

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Gahanna, OH

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AEP in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly typical for a large corporation. Prescreening through an online form, then an in-person interview. Took about a month to get a response.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly standard for a project coordinator position. There wasn't anything particularly unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Fleet Coordinator Interview

Fleet Coordinator
Tulsa, OK

I applied online - interviewed at AEP in March 2011.

Interview Details – Application was all online. Did not receive a call for weeks after the close of the deadline. The interview was put off an additional 2 weeks. Interview included one HR professional, the hiring manager and a lateral level colleague. Interview was not difficult and included basic interview questions which can be downloaded from the internet.

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for an additional $8000 still not the mid-point. The HR professional said she would try by the manager was not the type to negotiate. He countered with $5000 and I accepted.

Worked for AEP? Contribute to the Community!