AGCO

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dealer Central Intern Interview

Dealer Central Intern

Interviewed at AGCO

Interview Details – Phone screen, followed by an in-person behavioral interview with the hiring manager. Last piece was a situational walkthrough of relevant job topics.

Interview Question – How to handle an unsatisfied customer   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AGCO.

Interview Details – Multiple telephone interviews and a 2 in person interviews.

Interview Question – What do you foresee as your most difficult task in first few weeks in position ?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AGCO in November 2012.

Interview Details – My interview process started out with a typical HR based phone interview. I was then asked to prepare a marketing plan presentation for the team and present during my onsite interview. During my interview, I met with a couple of directors, and the two managers I would be working with. I also presented to a couple members of the team that I would be working with closely. I received my offer about a week after my onsite interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell a bottle of water. However, this bottle of water had the cap on upside down and I was informed that I had to sell it as is. It was great way to show creativity, dealing with difficult situations and how you can market it, but ultimately you need to go back to the engineers and help them solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly simple. The biggest negotiation struggle we went through was my start date, since I already had a large event scheduled when they first wanted me to begin.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Hesston, KS

Interviewed at AGCO

Interview Details – I was called out of the blue in late spring by a recruiter for the company. They gave me the sales pitch of what a great company it is to work for and the move to middle America will be beneficial if I am trying to gain quality of life with a decreased commute time. This first phase was a pass as the Engineer Manager wanted to talk to me afterwards. A phone interview was then setup with the Engineer Manager.
The phone interview with the Engineer Manager was twenty minutes and went well. I was soon contacted by the recruiter to set up a live interview. They wanted me to fly in that Friday and tried to add guilt that I need to be flexible for them. I agreed to the next Monday, and they set me up with a realtor to show me around on Sunday.
The Monday morning of the interview was in 4 segments. First with the Director, then the Engineer Manager, then Test Manager, and lunch. The first segment was almost an hour with the Director with him speaking for nearly 50 minutes of this time. Not a good sign. Second segment was with the Engineer Manager and a System Engineer. This was better as it was more of an equal exchange in conversation, but the Systems Engineer did not interact as much. The third segment was with the Test Manager and a Systems Engineer. This was by far the best of the segments in regards to technical, professional, and personal discussions. Then the lunch as all the interviewers were there at one time. As I sat down the Director and Engineer Manager were arguing over how to approach the design and implementation of projects. After we placed our orders the topic shifted to the use of Amazon Prime as the primary shopping method of the Engineering Manager. The Director could not believe that Amazon had a business model that would last. The Engineering Manager just liked using it. This back and forth was all through lunch and all I could think was how the working environment must be like with this constant state of discourse. Also there was communal seating (romper room) that I would have had to endure if hired.
After lunch I met with the recruiter and personnel to go over benefits and such. The recruiter assured that I would have an answer of employment by the end of the week. After two weeks I contacted the recruiter, and she said that I did not have the technical skills according to the Engineering Manager. Thank God.

Controls Engineer Interview

Controls Engineer

Interviewed at AGCO

Interview Details – I was asked many questions. After the on-site interview, they asked me to do a sample project on clutch engagement control. And then told me that they chose another candidate. Not sure what I did wrong with that mini project.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AGCO in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process started off great. Applied online and was contacted via email a month or so later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiting activities for AGCO are outsourced to Manpower (the temp agency/ recruiting firm). So I replied to the out of state (Wisconsin) recruiter from Manpower with a time to speak. A couple days later I received a note back with a confirmation. We spoke for 45 minutes or so and everything seemed great. Was told that the HM was out of town and a would get a response in a couple days. Two days later received a voicemail to schedule a phone interview with HM. called back left VM. Then sent email with availability to avoid phone tag. Recruiter didnt respond to email or subsequent follow up phone calls. Finally called via blocked number and got the recruiter on the line who shocked it was me. was told that the HM wasn't responding so that was causing a delay, also the recruiter claimed to be sick but acknowledged receiving my email and voicemails. Was told that she would "schedule" something for the following week. Never heard back...

Interview Question – tell me about yourself
why do you want to work hear
what do you know about the company
describe your relevant experiences
what software do you have expertise in   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Hesston, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AGCO in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got this offer because of someone dropped that one. A pretty late summer internship offer came on May.

Interview Questions

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Duluth, GA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AGCO in January 2011.

Interview Details – A phone screen from a pleasant, if not so knowledgeable, talent search person from HR started it. From there, a phone call with the hiring Manager. A plane trip to visit the Manager and select team members for some one on one meetings.

The people interviewing you were nice, knew their jobs, and knew pretty much what they were looking for in the job candidate. I got a feeling that they were having trouble finding "the right person" for the position.

Overall, professional work environment, employees, and managers. Hardworking people with few layoffs in a stable industry.

Interview Question – Describe a project you championed and led.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate on the bonus if the salary is fair.

Pricing Manager Interview

Pricing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AGCO in August 2009.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and was contacte via-email requesting time for a phone interview. Phone interview went well and was asked to come in for 3.5 hour interview, 1 hour each with 3 separate managers. Interview went well, but heard nothing for 2 weeks. In meantime, I sent a thank you e-mail to HR and interviewers. After hearing nothing for nearly 3 weeks, I followed that up with anothr e-mail thanking them and reiteraqting my interest and even prepared a hypothetical business case to show my interest and ability to hit the ground running. Despite not returning my calls in prior weeks, this time within minutes HR called and assured me I would be brought back for a second interview. It never happened and finally yet another 3 weeks later HR called to inform me they went in another direction with no explanationfor the delays and misrepresentation and misinformaion. I saw another opening for a similar position there recently and applied on-line. This time I received an automated Dear John notification. During initial interview, they pretty much acknowledged I was most qualified candidate and skills matched up great. I also showed my enthusiasm and interest. I can only surmize they selected a less experienced (i.e. younger) candidate even though they indicated a planned salary level during phone interview and I articulated I was willing to accept it and that salary would not be an issue from my perspective. Very disappointing and frustrating experience that was not handled properly.

Interview Question – Why do feel AGCO is the right place for you?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Jackson, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AGCO in January 2007.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 managers. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Low offer and no room to negotiate.

Worked for AGCO? Contribute to the Community!