AGCO

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.4

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesston, KS

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AGCO.

Friendly and efficient, involved having lunch with the team members, open discussion about my background, the job, the future developments at AGCO and new projects already underway. AGOC is a very ambitious company, there is a lot of growth planned, but there is also a bit of a downturn at the moment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AGCO.

Got a phone interview after campus recruiting, no difficult questions. Questions are based on your understanding of the company and your past working experience. I didn't get second interview and got reply after about one month to inform me that I did not picked by the company. The entire process is very slow. I got my phone interview after about 2 months of my application.

Dealer Central Intern Interview

Phone screen, followed by an in-person behavioral interview with the hiring manager. Last piece was a situational walkthrough of relevant job topics.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AGCO.

Multiple telephone interviews and a 2 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What do you foresee as your most difficult task in first few weeks in position ?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesston, KS

I was called out of the blue in late spring by a recruiter for the company. They gave me the sales pitch of what a great company it is to work for and the move to middle America will be beneficial if I am trying to gain quality of life with a decreased commute time. This first phase was a pass as the Engineer Manager wanted to talk to me afterwards. A phone interview was then setup with the Engineer Manager.
    The phone interview with the Engineer Manager was twenty minutes and went well. I was soon contacted by the recruiter to set up a live interview. They wanted me to fly in that Friday and tried to add guilt that I need to be flexible for them. I agreed to the next Monday, and they set me up with a realtor to show me around on Sunday.
    The Monday morning of the interview was in 4 segments. First with the Director, then the Engineer Manager, then Test Manager, and lunch. The first segment was almost an hour with the Director with him speaking for nearly 50 minutes of this time. Not a good sign. Second segment was with the Engineer Manager and a System Engineer. This was better as it was more of an equal exchange in conversation, but the Systems Engineer did not interact as much. The third segment was with the Test Manager and a Systems Engineer. This was by far the best of the segments in regards to technical, professional, and personal discussions. Then the lunch as all the interviewers were there at one time. As I sat down the Director and Engineer Manager were arguing over how to approach the design and implementation of projects. After we placed our orders the topic shifted to the use of Amazon Prime as the primary shopping method of the Engineering Manager. The Director could not believe that Amazon had a business model that would last. The Engineering Manager just liked using it. This back and forth was all through lunch and all I could think was how the working environment must be like with this constant state of discourse. Also there was communal seating (romper room) that I would have had to endure if hired.
    After lunch I met with the recruiter and personnel to go over benefits and such. The recruiter assured that I would have an answer of employment by the end of the week. After two weeks I contacted the recruiter, and she said that I did not have the technical skills according to the Engineering Manager. Thank God.

Controls Engineer Interview

I was asked many questions. After the on-site interview, they asked me to do a sample project on clutch engagement control. And then told me that they chose another candidate. Not sure what I did wrong with that mini project.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AGCO in February 2013.

The interview process started off great. Applied online and was contacted via email a month or so later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiting activities for AGCO are outsourced to Manpower (the temp agency/ recruiting firm). So I replied to the out of state (Wisconsin) recruiter from Manpower with a time to speak. A couple days later I received a note back with a confirmation. We spoke for 45 minutes or so and everything seemed great. Was told that the HM was out of town and a would get a response in a couple days. Two days later received a voicemail to schedule a phone interview with HM. called back left VM. Then sent email with availability to avoid phone tag. Recruiter didnt respond to email or subsequent follow up phone calls. Finally called via blocked number and got the recruiter on the line who shocked it was me. was told that the HM wasn't responding so that was causing a delay, also the recruiter claimed to be sick but acknowledged receiving my email and voicemails. Was told that she would "schedule" something for the following week. Never heard back...

Interview Questions
    • tell me about yourself
why do you want to work hear
what do you know about the company
describe your relevant experiences
what software do you have expertise in   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AGCO in November 2012.

My interview process started out with a typical HR based phone interview. I was then asked to prepare a marketing plan presentation for the team and present during my onsite interview. During my interview, I met with a couple of directors, and the two managers I would be working with. I also presented to a couple members of the team that I would be working with closely. I received my offer about a week after my onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell a bottle of water. However, this bottle of water had the cap on upside down and I was informed that I had to sell it as is. It was great way to show creativity, dealing with difficult situations and how you can market it, but ultimately you need to go back to the engineers and help them solve a problem.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was fairly simple. The biggest negotiation struggle we went through was my start date, since I already had a large event scheduled when they first wanted me to begin.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hesston, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AGCO in April 2012.

I got this offer because of someone dropped that one. A pretty late summer internship offer came on May.

Interview Questions
    • What programming language have you been used mostly?   View Answer
    • Tell me something about the language, ideas, opinions ?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AGCO in January 2011.

A phone screen from a pleasant, if not so knowledgeable, talent search person from HR started it. From there, a phone call with the hiring Manager. A plane trip to visit the Manager and select team members for some one on one meetings.

The people interviewing you were nice, knew their jobs, and knew pretty much what they were looking for in the job candidate. I got a feeling that they were having trouble finding "the right person" for the position.

Overall, professional work environment, employees, and managers. Hardworking people with few layoffs in a stable industry.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate on the bonus if the salary is fair.