AGL Resources

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AGL Resources.

One of the most negative experiences ever. Highly engaging to begin with but after several phone and in-person interviews no one bothered to call and let me know I was not the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I was contacted by this employer regarding a professional (Director-level) role. The process went very well. The recruiter was terrific and eventually, I phone interviewed with the hiring manager and we developed an immediate rapport.

I was invited to come down from Chicago to Atlanta to meet with her and several others, her supervisor included. Things went well enough that when I returned home, interviews were arranged with a few VPs and Directors in Chicago. Between all of this, the hiring manager and I maintained a very strong line of communication. I felt things went fairly well.

After the final round of interviews I contacted the hiring manager, as requested by her, to let her know my thoughts. I never heard back. Not from her. Not from the recruiter. No one.

I am perfectly ok when I am not the final candidate for the role I interview for - that will happen more to people than actually getting the role will happen. What I am not ok with is the completely unprofessional way I was treated by not even receiving an email, let alone a phone call, giving me the "Thanks but no thanks".

Was I owed this - no. Every company can have their own process. Would I ever consider a role with this company? Not even if I were unemployed. They showed a complete lack of care and concern for another professional and professionally, I cannot forget it.

Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AGL Resources.

Last minute request for interview. 24 hours notice. Panel interview of 4 people was very serious. They asked "what if" questions that did not apply to the job. Very odd.

Interview Questions
    • They all were unexpected questions. This was a sales position and we didn't talk about my sales ability or experience at all.   Answer Question

Job description changed after the interview and compensation was not fair.

Clean & Check Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crestwood, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Crestwood, Cook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AGL Resources in December 2013.

Very simple interview, asked behavioral type questions, also some technical questions (Refrigeration cycle, sequence of operation) Interviewed with 2 people, laid back. Also do extensive background check.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at AGL Resources in December 2013.

1.25 hr interview with 3 interviewers in a panel setting. Each had their own set of questions

Interview Questions
    • List your 3 best qualities (then after you answered) which one needs the most work?   Answer Question

Permit Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AGL Resources in November 2013.

Received a txt that I had a video interview in 24 minutes, I was driving and told HR this. They then did a phone interview. I pulled over and called in.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, My answers showed that I think out of the box and will do what ever it takes to get the job done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AGL Resources in October 2012.

Had four separate interviews: two in-person interviews, one over the phone and a final interview with the VP of the department. I also had a project to complete. I was told they would make a decision by the end of the week. I did not hear back until three weeks later that they hired another candidate. I think that it is important for companies to be open with communication on their decisions to give some closure to the process.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the initial questions were more behavioral-type questions.   Answer Question

Resolutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AGL Resources in March 2010.

I initially received a call and had a phone screening on the spot. I was driving.
    I was not asked if it was a good time for the call. Always be prepared to sell yourself in short notice.
    It had been a couple months since I had applied for the role, so I would suggest to be ready to capture an opportunity at all times.
    A few days later, there was an appointment for testing on the application.
    The next step was an interview with 2 people, a week later.
    There was a page of questions during interview - behavioral types. I was not asked to give my 30 second pitch or much else other than answer the scenario questions.
    The culture seems relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • When did you try to help someone and they did not understand and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you could not complete an assignment and why not?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AGL Resources.

Contacted by internal recruiter, they found my resume online aske me to come in for an interview. Then had to reschedule, interviewer was traveling, rescheduled. Finally interview with severla people in the department. I was employed so I wasn't really looking but went anyway to see what they had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Setting up time to meet with the parties that were hiring for the position   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Safety and Health Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AGL Resources in May 2012.

I used the job board Indeed after running into an employee in the field which told me that they were hiring. about 2 weeks later I received a phone call wanting to setup and interview. I have the interview today May 9th.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your company after 26 years?   View Answer

Foreman Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AGL Resources in October 2009.

I had a phone interview with 3 supervisors, I then was asked to come in for an interview. The people were very outgoing and I could tell I was in a good working environment.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worse job experience you ever had, and how did you respond or react.   Answer Question

Based on my education and experience, the job did not pay up to my expectations. I would at least like to make to cost of living for that city, and not have my salary based on overtime which is not always a given.