AHRC New York City Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

I felt at ease and comfortable. I liked that the person who interviewed me was open, curious, empathetic and seemed honestly interested about my endeavors, goals and ideas. Everyone was kind and welcoming. The actual hiring process was longer that I expected.

Certified Teachers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at AHRC New York City in November 2014.

Spoke to a lady named Jill she seemed really nice. I have to meet with her for an interview. She let me know the salary. Which I liked so there were no hidden things dusting my interview and so I could decide if I wanted to take it or not.

Interview Questions
    I already knew first hand what it payed

Community Support Professional Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at AHRC New York City.

Applied online they call you back in a month and schedule to meet with the Program director, When asked your background they will let you know that if your comfortable handling 5 consumers out in the community. The whole job is detailed very specific so theres no misunderstanding.

Interview Questions
    • Theres really no misinterpreting the questions because they are very specific. For example are you comfortable with assisting consumers at the restroom, do you have experience?   Answer Question

You could tell that the program needed much more orginazation and communication

Field Supervisor/Home Care Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AHRC New York City.

Was referred by former supervisor. Had three interviews, all behavioral questions, and going through resume. The third one was with the head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Given the hours and occasional unpredictability of the job why would I still be interested   Answer Question
    Be confident. Show value

Clerical IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at AHRC New York City in March 2011.

The interview process was short and comfortable, you would be ask basic questions, the interviewer was relax and the interviewers dress code was casual. For new comers, you have to go through several interviews, back ground checks, and a training process to teach you how to handle the most difficult individuals.

Interview Questions
    • The questions was not difficult or unexpected, the interviewer ask questions base on the content of your resume for the most part, the one question you will have to answer is “have you ever work with individuals with disability before?” How would you answer this question?   Answer Question
    Because this was a Staffing Agency, there was no negotiation involve. I started out as a temp then I applied for a permanent position, the supervisor I work for recommended me and I got the job.