AHRC New York City Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.4

Community Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Arrived a the location and found that I was supposed to fill out a PAPER application; It was identical to the application I filled out online. Apparently the location does not have their systems entirely digitized. I was interviewed by two people, the current (temporary) director and the director that will replace her. They were pretty general in their questioning, such as the type of people I've worked with and my work background in general; they asked about my education once they realized it was relevant. Overall the interview seemed more like a casual chat, so it wasn't intimidating or anything.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions, such as if I have ever worked with mentally disabled/challenged people and what my experiences were like if I had   Answer Question

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Neck, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at AHRC New York City (Little Neck, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I contacted my local YMCA via email asking if they were looking to fill positions for their summer camp. I was quickly responded to by a summer camp coordinator and set up an interview date via email. Shortly after I received a phone call and was told what specific things I would need to bring. I was also given a brief description of the positions looking to be filled. I met with the coordinator that week and filled out a lot of paper work. The coordinator then asked me questions about myself, my plans, my passions, my interests, and why I wanted to work with individuals with special needs.

Intern Interview

Interview

I felt at ease and comfortable. I liked that the person who interviewed me was open, curious, empathetic and seemed honestly interested about my endeavors, goals and ideas. Everyone was kind and welcoming. The actual hiring process was longer that I expected.

Certified Teachers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Spoke to a lady named Jill she seemed really nice. I have to meet with her for an interview. She let me know the salary. Which I liked so there were no hidden things dusting my interview and so I could decide if I wanted to take it or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I already knew first hand what it payed

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at AHRC New York City.

Interview

Applied online they call you back in a month and schedule to meet with the Program director, When asked your background they will let you know that if your comfortable handling 5 consumers out in the community. The whole job is detailed very specific so theres no misunderstanding.

Interview Questions

• Theres really no misinterpreting the questions because they are very specific. For example are you comfortable with assisting consumers at the restroom, do you have experience?   Answer Question

You could tell that the program needed much more orginazation and communication

Field Supervisor/Home Care Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY).

Interview

Was referred by former supervisor. Had three interviews, all behavioral questions, and going through resume. The third one was with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Given the hours and occasional unpredictability of the job why would I still be interested   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be confident. Show value

Community Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

First they did a group interview, and then I had an individual interview. This was very easy, and they offered the job on the spot at the second interview.

Clerical IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AHRC New York City (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was short and comfortable, you would be ask basic questions, the interviewer was relax and the interviewers dress code was casual. For new comers, you have to go through several interviews, back ground checks, and a training process to teach you how to handle the most difficult individuals.

Interview Questions

• The questions was not difficult or unexpected, the interviewer ask questions base on the content of your resume for the most part, the one question you will have to answer is “have you ever work with individuals with disability before?” How would you answer this question?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because this was a Staffing Agency, there was no negotiation involve. I started out as a temp then I applied for a permanent position, the supervisor I work for recommended me and I got the job.