AICPA

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.8

A Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online – interviewed at AICPA.

Initial phone interview. Then another phone interview with hiring manager. Then brought in for in-person interviews. Met with people. Talked with people. Pretty standard stuff. Went out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • If you have half a brain and do at least some prep, you should never be unprepared for a job interview.   Answer Question
    Some back and forth and they increased the offer amount. Once in I realized I could have gotten more. Doh!

IT Service Center Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AICPA in June 2014.

I applied for the position online. An HR representative called with two phone screen interviews. I was called in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and HR representative. Interview seemed to go well, they both told me they needed to fill the position immediately but they needed to bring me back for another interview with the senior manager and again for a skills assessment test. They assured me they would contact me later in the week to set up these two meetings. I sent both interviewers thank you notes. Despite having several internal references I never heard from them again, and they do not answer phone or email.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AICPA.

Good communication

Not much.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AICPA.

I applied for this position in January, April and May. I kept seeing new job postings, but couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting a response. After a phone interview, I had an in-person interview with 5 interviewers! It lasted almost 3 hrs. A design test followed. I didn't hear back for several weeks. Finally, a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • It was obvious that one interviewer was asking me if I was going to make the same mistakes as the previous employee, who was fired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. Benefits and pay were superior, they offered to pay much more than I asked for.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at AICPA in July 2013.

When I was a contractor, I had one interview with the manager, planned about a week in advance, took about two weeks for them to hire me after a decision was made. Decision was made within a week. When I was interviewing for the permanent role, it took much longer, I interviewed with the manager, somewhat technical. About a week later, I was called in to do an interview with another manager from the same department and the project manager. The interview for the full-time role was planned two weeks in advance, it took about 3 weeks for a decision to be made, and another two weeks for my employment to officially begin. Benefits started at the beginning of the next month (if the day didn't fall on the 1st).

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer to the institute? (In relevance to what I will do to make a dent in the project that I was interviewing to work on)   View Answer
    They asked me what I wanted for salary, I told them my amount, and they immediately agreed. No hassle negotiation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AICPA in July 2012.

Applied Online, participated in multiple phone interviews, Participated in a video web interview, then in-person interview and Interview with team. The process was flexible and easy to navigate, received an offer, was able to obtain flexible start dates,

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, do your homework, be prepared.   Answer Question
    No Negotiations, salary offer was firm.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AICPA in June 2012.

I applied for an accountant position with the AICPA. After the first interview, I was asked back for the 2nd interview which included going out to lunch. Each interview included approximately 4 staff members and each asked questions regarding my background, etc.

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at AICPA in November 2011.

First you're contacted by a HR Rep. Just so you know, they contract with an outside organization. The rep gives you a rundown of the interview process and discusses salary. I'd like to add, the HR organization is extremely unprofessional and really don't have a clue. I was told that I'd receive a confirmation email on two separate occasions. I didn't get mine until minutes before my interview; I had to get the address from the internet. For some odd reason, you're not given the name of the interviewer. You're just told to ask for an available supervisor. Nice. I felt the interview went reasonably well. I sent one thank you and one hand written thank you notes. I tried to follow up with a second and third email and neither responded. I've decided to cut my losses with this rude bunch.

Member Service Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AICPA in April 2011.

Received a phone call for an in-person interview after I applied for the position online. The process was very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, such as Tell me about your strengths. Why are you a good fit for this position?, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AICPA in April 2011.

They asked questions like tell me a little about yourself, name an instance of when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation. They also asked of an example of when you offered good customer service. The work culture appears to be professional but comfortable at the same time. The office was environment was very professional as well, each person has their own large cubicle. But still a very friendly environment, witnessed employees that sat next to each other conversating quietly while not on calls. Maintaning a professional demeanor is key and emphasizing your desire to work with people and how good you are at that is very good.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself, it caught me off guard. I have not been asked that question suprisingly in most of my interviews.   View Answer