AICPA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.8

Analyst-Marketing Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC).

Interview

Applied online. Questioned some people I knew who had worked there, who said it was a decent place to work. Had a phone interview that went well. Was invited back for "live" interview.

Of all of the in-person interviews I've ever had, this was the strangest. I was told I would have a "speed-dating" style interview with 5 different people for 30 minutes each, back to back. the first was my would-be hiring manager who had done the phone interview, yet he didn't seem to remember me or speaking with me at all. He was 10 minutes late (out of only 30 minutes allotted) and didn't even realize they had a conference room set up for me, so we talked in his office. Being my would-be boss, he was the most important of the 5 I spoke to, but I got short-changed and didn't really get to ask him anything important.

Next I was swept away to the conference room and 4 people back-to-back interviewed me on everything from technical to marketing experience to what my expectations, etc. There was little closure after each person, the next would just show up at the door and take over. I was offered no breaks and after 2 hours, I had to beg for a bathroom break, which may have seemed rude to my interviewer, but I think they should have built in a break after every hour for a 2.5-hour interview. I noticed that only one of the people I spoke to had been there even a year, which made me think there was a high turnover rate. I asked about this but they just say "Oh, we're in a growth phase, there are a lot of new folks". One woman who had been there a few years spent much of the interview telling me how "anal-retentive" the company was about certain things, like formats of emails, etc.

The final interview of the 5 was with a very nice women who warned me that at 5:30, she would have to leave and pick up her child at daycare. We were practically in the middle of a sentence when she said "OK, it's 5:30, I have to go!" and got up and left, with hardly a "nice to meet you". NOBODY came to get me, there was no closure to the interview, no HR person to tell me what to expect next, I was literally left there in the building AFTER closing time when most people had gone home, even the security guard. It was pretty insulting to be just left there, not to mention I was an unescorted "outsider" left to roam free in the building.

I never heard back from them, but I had already decided I wasn't interested in working there judging by what I saw in the interviews, and the disrespectful interview process.

I certainly hope they have changed their interview process to no longer
    a) have people sit in a room for 2.5 hours with no breaks
    b) have some closure after the last interview, but an HR person who escorts them out and tells what to expect next.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember specific questions, a lot of it was just talking about their own experience there and ways the company was expanding. I think the position I was being considered for was a new one, so they had no roadmap to go by.
      ?

1 Answer

A Job Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial phone interview. Then another phone interview with hiring manager. Then brought in for in-person interviews. Met with people. Talked with people. Pretty standard stuff. Went out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• If you have half a brain and do at least some prep, you should never be unprepared for a job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some back and forth and they increased the offer amount. Once in I realized I could have gotten more. Doh!

IT Service Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AICPA in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online. An HR representative called with two phone screen interviews. I was called in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and HR representative. Interview seemed to go well, they both told me they needed to fill the position immediately but they needed to bring me back for another interview with the senior manager and again for a skills assessment test. They assured me they would contact me later in the week to set up these two meetings. I sent both interviewers thank you notes. Despite having several internal references I never heard from them again, and they do not answer phone or email.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AICPA.

Interview

Good communication

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AICPA (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied for this position in January, April and May. I kept seeing new job postings, but couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting a response. After a phone interview, I had an in-person interview with 5 interviewers! It lasted almost 3 hrs. A design test followed. I didn't hear back for several weeks. Finally, a job offer!

Interview Questions

• It was obvious that one interviewer was asking me if I was going to make the same mistakes as the previous employee, who was fired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. Benefits and pay were superior, they offered to pay much more than I asked for.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

When I was a contractor, I had one interview with the manager, planned about a week in advance, took about two weeks for them to hire me after a decision was made. Decision was made within a week. When I was interviewing for the permanent role, it took much longer, I interviewed with the manager, somewhat technical. About a week later, I was called in to do an interview with another manager from the same department and the project manager. The interview for the full-time role was planned two weeks in advance, it took about 3 weeks for a decision to be made, and another two weeks for my employment to officially begin. Benefits started at the beginning of the next month (if the day didn't fall on the 1st).

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer to the institute? (In relevance to what I will do to make a dent in the project that I was interviewing to work on)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted for salary, I told them my amount, and they immediately agreed. No hassle negotiation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied Online, participated in multiple phone interviews, Participated in a video web interview, then in-person interview and Interview with team. The process was flexible and easy to navigate, received an offer, was able to obtain flexible start dates,

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions, do your homework, be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations, salary offer was firm.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AICPA in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for an accountant position with the AICPA. After the first interview, I was asked back for the 2nd interview which included going out to lunch. Each interview included approximately 4 staff members and each asked questions regarding my background, etc.

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

First you're contacted by a HR Rep. Just so you know, they contract with an outside organization. The rep gives you a rundown of the interview process and discusses salary. I'd like to add, the HR organization is extremely unprofessional and really don't have a clue. I was told that I'd receive a confirmation email on two separate occasions. I didn't get mine until minutes before my interview; I had to get the address from the internet. For some odd reason, you're not given the name of the interviewer. You're just told to ask for an available supervisor. Nice. I felt the interview went reasonably well. I sent one thank you and one hand written thank you notes. I tried to follow up with a second and third email and neither responded. I've decided to cut my losses with this rude bunch.

Member Service Specialist II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AICPA (Durham, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call for an in-person interview after I applied for the position online. The process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, such as Tell me about your strengths. Why are you a good fit for this position?, etc.   Answer Question