AIG

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – A phone interview, followed by in person interview with a number of managers, followed by a call from a talent acquisition team.

Interview Question – Technical questions on Access and Excel   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Two rounds. First round on campus and second round super day that lasted for 4 to 5 hours. I received an offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected. The place of the interview was in a huge room and it was conducted with five rounds of different people. Each were interviewing from a different perspective.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through AIG Info Session at my University. They called me back after 2 weeks. First round was 2-to-1 interview, standard questions on resumè, nothing unexpected (why do you want to be an actuary, what do you know about AIG). They never called me back, not even to say we're not moving you on.

Interview Question – What do P&C Actuaries do in a company?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in February 2009.

Interview Details – Some fit questions, some technical questions. How many gas stations in the US? You have to show your thinking patterns. It was weird because some people were very technical, other were not technical at all.

Interview Question – How would you perform a principle component analysis?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked about 3 technical questions, including calculus, FM questions in the first interview. In the second interview, I was asked about more technical questions, wrote one VBA program and business memo.

Interview Question – I was asked to defferentiate a very tricky symbol.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Location.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!