AIG Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.9

Actuary Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

This was for a position requiring a few years experience. Applied online and got an email a few weeks later from HR to arrange an on-site interview (no phone interview). During the day, I interviewed with 3 actuaries. it was fairly short - scheduled for 1.5 hours. The process on-site was fairly disorganized - my first scheduled interviewer was working on something and unavailable, so I spoke with another person first. Then that person had a meeting so they gave me someone else to talk to and then brought me back to that person to speak a second time later in the day. It felt a little like I was being shuffled between people's offices depending on who was available. The interviews were extremely casual for the most part. No lists of pre-written questions, HR didn't get involved, sometimes the interviewers didn't even really seem to have any questions prepared, weren't sure who I was scheduled to talk to next, hadn't seen my resume beforehand, etc. However, everyone was very nice and friendly and welcoming. They told me a lot about the job, and it was very conversational. The interviewers were very honest and talked about both their likes and dislikes about the company/job. Questions mainly asked about my experience and the items on my resume. Not many "tell me about a time when" questions or "what is your biggest strength" or anything like that. I got some technical questions about different pricing methods and my familiarity with certain actuarial concepts that related to the job. I also got asked some fairly detailed questions about projects I'd done in prior positions and how I approached them. I heard back a few weeks later via email that I had not been selected. Overall, I think they were looking more for someone with a bit more experience in that particular area, and I don't think I answered the technical questions or explained projects I had worked on clearly enough.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this project that you've done that you've listed on your resume.   1 Answer
  • Explain the Bornhuetter-Ferguson method.   2 Answers
  • What would you do in a situation where your manager is out of the office and there is an urgent request to do something that you don't have formal authority to do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Interview

I sent my CV to HR and i got a call within a week and next two days i got my interview scheduled since the interview as taken from Newyork it was telephonic.

Interview Questions

• Just my profile experience and then the expectations and my expertise   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by in person interview with a number of managers, followed by a call from a talent acquisition team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds. First round on campus and second round super day that lasted for 4 to 5 hours. I received an offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. The place of the interview was in a huge room and it was conducted with five rounds of different people. Each were interviewing from a different perspective.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2013.

Interview

On campus interview for 1 hour. The second round is a superday for about 3 hours which consisted of 5 1-1 interviews with actuaries from different departments. Interviews was broken down into communications, problem solving, technical, informing, and general. Everything wasn't technical except for the technical interview session. Overall was good but tiring process.

Interview Questions

• Given a situation. How would you price a specific policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through AIG Info Session at my University. They called me back after 2 weeks. First round was 2-to-1 interview, standard questions on resumè, nothing unexpected (why do you want to be an actuary, what do you know about AIG). They never called me back, not even to say we're not moving you on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Some fit questions, some technical questions. How many gas stations in the US? You have to show your thinking patterns. It was weird because some people were very technical, other were not technical at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The interview was focused mainly around the work profile. More of a discussion on the current work. A stress was given to problem solving skills, willingness to learn and enthusiasm.

Salary

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AIG in November 2009.

Interview

I was asked about 3 technical questions, including calculus, FM questions in the first interview. In the second interview, I was asked about more technical questions, wrote one VBA program and business memo.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to defferentiate a very tricky symbol.   1 Answer

Location.