AIG Actuary Interview Questions

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Applied online in August. Got notification in December that I would be invited to a January interview. The HR department told me it could take up to two weeks to receive a decision, but they expedited the process for me because I had another offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus, got an offer 1 week later. They asked pretty standard behavioral questions. It is not too stressful or challenging, a very positive experience. Once you get an interview the company just wants to know if you are someone who would fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

• If you are given a project with a tight deadline and no information or guidance, what would you do?   2 Answers

Location

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was through the university, and the whole process took 1 day. It was a two part interview, first with a human resources manager who asked basic behavioral questions, followed by an interview with a senior level actuarial analyst who went through my resume with me, asking basic questions. It was a good experience, because both the interviewers made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why pick actuarial science? What are three of your strengths? What is your biggest weakness? What would make you the best pick for our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very good at my college. There were on-campus interview early November for their intern positions. I had one 30-minute behavioral interview with an actuary, and after two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected questions from the interview. However, some of them were the following: Tell me about a time when you failed and how you resolved the issue? Tell me about a time where you innovated a process? What are 3 of your greatest strengths and weaknesses? And why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were serious, but overall a pleasant one.

Interview Questions

• What you don't like about your major subject.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Lunch Interview, one on one with dept head

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Wilmington, DE) in March 2009.

Interview

phone interview, onsite interview, negotiation, job offer