AIG Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very standard interview process. Met with the supervising partner who asked questions regarding resume and skillset. Then asked you about your knowledge of particular software platforms commonly used in the workplace. Finally asked you if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a particular weakness you have in the workplace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person. After not hearing anything for two weeks I called back to check on the processand was told it usually takes about three weeks for background checks etc. I was hired after approximately three weeks. I don't think it takes that much time anymore. Background checks are done much more quickly.

Interview Questions

• Don't you think you are too qualified for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a larger salary. Many employees also negotiate for more time off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

It's difficult to land an interview if you don't already know someone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty streamlined for my position but I was bringing more to the table than the average and was hired after a long term temp assignment and was highly recommended for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was on the low end for my experience and requested and was granted an increase. Still much lower than previous job held.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (Tampa, FL) in December 2008.

Interview

I was already an employee of the company I was trying to change departments. At the time things were changing with the company as a whole but I didn't like the direction my department was moving and wanted to move into an area that was more stable and important to the company. Why do you want this position? What are your plans for your future with the company? What is your 5 year plan?

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to take a demotion to accept this position? How are we to trust you will stay with the company after we have invested our time into training you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, I could accept or decline. The managers handled the rest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

HR phone screens, then calls you for an interview onsite with them. They prep you before you go to meet with a manager for the position you have interview for. The check everything in your background so be as honest as possible. They are very thorough. Great company to work for. They offer me the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Always have your options and let them know exactly how much you want. If they really want to hire you, they will work with you with a number that's flexible for you and the company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

met with HR rep then sent out to seperate building to meet with Regional Manager. Manager had a list of questions typed and explained his interview style. Once introductions were complete rapid fire questions were asked for approximately one hour asking for detailed examples of instances such as overcoming an obstacle, handling stressful situations, dealing with difficult employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer made was more than 10% of my former salary, I did not have to negotiate at all