AIG

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by one person. After not hearing anything for two weeks I called back to check on the processand was told it usually takes about three weeks for background checks etc. I was hired after approximately three weeks. I don't think it takes that much time anymore. Background checks are done much more quickly.

Interview Question – Don't you think you are too qualified for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a larger salary. Many employees also negotiate for more time off.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AIG in July 2009.

Interview Details – It's difficult to land an interview if you don't already know someone in the company.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty streamlined for my position but I was bringing more to the table than the average and was hired after a long term temp assignment and was highly recommended for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was on the low end for my experience and requested and was granted an increase. Still much lower than previous job held.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was already an employee of the company I was trying to change departments. At the time things were changing with the company as a whole but I didn't like the direction my department was moving and wanted to move into an area that was more stable and important to the company. Why do you want this position? What are your plans for your future with the company? What is your 5 year plan?

Interview Question – Are you prepared to take a demotion to accept this position? How are we to trust you will stay with the company after we have invested our time into training you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, I could accept or decline. The managers handled the rest.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AIG in October 2008.

Interview Details – HR phone screens, then calls you for an interview onsite with them. They prep you before you go to meet with a manager for the position you have interview for. The check everything in your background so be as honest as possible. They are very thorough. Great company to work for. They offer me the job the next day.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Always have your options and let them know exactly how much you want. If they really want to hire you, they will work with you with a number that's flexible for you and the company.

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – met with HR rep then sent out to seperate building to meet with Regional Manager. Manager had a list of questions typed and explained his interview style. Once introductions were complete rapid fire questions were asked for approximately one hour asking for detailed examples of instances such as overcoming an obstacle, handling stressful situations, dealing with difficult employees.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer made was more than 10% of my former salary, I did not have to negotiate at all

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!