AIG Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Typical hiring and interview process. Applied online and received a preliminary phone screening. After this stage, in-person interviews. The interview questions were initially based off of the resume, followed by questions pertaining to personal skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I received an email about a week after applying online stating that they wanted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and short seeing as she called late as well. She siomply asked what i was looking for and salary requirements. i was called for a face to face interview the next business day. i met with the head of department and a financial analyst. it was pretty basic as the head dept managaer was speaking practically the entire time since the moment we met. He spoke for about 20- 30 min then asked if i had any questions for him before i can manage to even say anthing for myself. He didnt even ask me questions until i after i spoke. After wards, i spoke with financial analyst and it was basically a short 10 min interview even though i was told that it 45 min with each person

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions at all. Typical random questions that they thought of at the moment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (Greensboro, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

It took about 3 months just to get the interview, from the time I applied as an internal candidate. Once I had an appointment for the interview, I went to the VPs office (the hiring manager) who invited another BA into the interview (I was unaware of this prior to the interview).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this department?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. More like a conversation where the interviewer asked me questions about my internships and courses I had done at college.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical process - someone from HR contacts you, schedules an initial interview to review your background then you meet with the group's manager

Interview Questions

• Depending on the group, you may need to take a computer test   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Went an interview for a 6 months consultant position. Met the 2 team members first then the team manager. The 2 team members started with sharing with me the program they are working on and then jumped into the structure of their team directly including several names that this team will report to. Then the team manager joined to ask if I have any questions.

No specific questions about my skills or experience. They more cared about if the candidate can fit their team oriented working culture. Overall it was not difficult at all.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very seamless. Received an initial phone pre screen call by HR. Once I completed the prescreen moved on to the 2nd phase of a face to face, The face to face was with a senior manager and an additional manager located out of state which was conducted conference style over the phone. The senior manager that was physically at the interview would ask questions and the manager on the phone would ask questions... After the interview i received a call a few days later from the HR rep who offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Con-- Negotiation was not as well as others would not budge on offered salary

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a talent acquisition manager about 10 days after applying for the position to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later, where we discussed mainly my resume for about 20 minutes and we set a in person interview for 10 days after that. I did not hear back from the company for 2-3 weeks after, and the position was cancelled or never filled. I contacted the recruiter about it, and was told they needed someone with more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that asked me if I was interested in a business analyst position at AIG (2 long term contract position). Once, I said yes, I sent him my resume and within a week I was asked to come interview. I met with two people, one manager and analyst. I was asked about my experience on my resume and the manager explained what the job entails. I was asked if I had any questions and I asked about three questions. We concluded the interview and a few days later I received an offer. The manager and the analyst are down to earth people and it has been a pleasure working with them

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging part of your current job functions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate with the agency and my rate went up 10%.