AIG

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in September 2014.

I received an email about a week after applying online stating that they wanted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and short seeing as she called late as well. She siomply asked what i was looking for and salary requirements. i was called for a face to face interview the next business day. i met with the head of department and a financial analyst. it was pretty basic as the head dept managaer was speaking practically the entire time since the moment we met. He spoke for about 20- 30 min then asked if i had any questions for him before i can manage to even say anthing for myself. He didnt even ask me questions until i after i spoke. After wards, i spoke with financial analyst and it was basically a short 10 min interview even though i was told that it 45 min with each person

Interview Questions
  • no difficult questions at all. Typical random questions that they thought of at the moment   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Business Analyst Interview

The interview was pretty basic. More like a conversation where the interviewer asked me questions about my internships and courses I had done at college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AIG.

Typical process - someone from HR contacts you, schedules an initial interview to review your background then you meet with the group's manager

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the group, you may need to take a computer test   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG in January 2014.

Went an interview for a 6 months consultant position. Met the 2 team members first then the team manager. The 2 team members started with sharing with me the program they are working on and then jumped into the structure of their team directly including several names that this team will report to. Then the team manager joined to ask if I have any questions.

No specific questions about my skills or experience. They more cared about if the candidate can fit their team oriented working culture. Overall it was not difficult at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in October 2013.

I was contacted by a talent acquisition manager about 10 days after applying for the position to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later, where we discussed mainly my resume for about 20 minutes and we set a in person interview for 10 days after that. I did not hear back from the company for 2-3 weeks after, and the position was cancelled or never filled. I contacted the recruiter about it, and was told they needed someone with more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG in August 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter that asked me if I was interested in a business analyst position at AIG (2 long term contract position). Once, I said yes, I sent him my resume and within a week I was asked to come interview. I met with two people, one manager and analyst. I was asked about my experience on my resume and the manager explained what the job entails. I was asked if I had any questions and I asked about three questions. We concluded the interview and a few days later I received an offer. The manager and the analyst are down to earth people and it has been a pleasure working with them

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging part of your current job functions?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate with the agency and my rate went up 10%.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2009.

Worked here a few years before a fulltime opening came up. Was asked by boss to apply for the job online and was called by HR rep. for an interview. Not sure why this was needed as I've worked for the boss before, but this is just a formality which should really be removed. In addition to this hoop, I was subjected to another background check (which was already done before joining as consultant). This seemed like a waste of time and money as the entire background check can take up to 2 weeks. Having worked for the company for years as a consultant, you would think this step could be avoided. After the interview, offer was made a few days later which I countered. A few days afterward, the counter was accepted and offer letter was received 2 days later. The entire process from interview to finally starting as fulltime employee took nearly a month and could really be shortened.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were just the basic ones to gauge my interest in the job. It's a no brainer and really just an informal meeting with the boss and his boss.   Answer Question
    Always try to negotiate if you feel you stand out as a candidate. Do not ask for more than 10% though or you'll risk them balking and rescinding the offer. Besides, if you ask for more, there's a good chance your pay raise will be miniscule.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG in March 2010.

Phone interview - brief introduction of company followed by more thorough function of department. Description of current successes and pain points. Asked about my background and credentials but coyly asked in slightly different ways to determine if any lies or embellishments told.

1:1 interview - assessment of writing and presentation skills. More in-depth personality assessment with definite focus on body language and demeanor.

Interview Questions
    • How do you persuade a project resource to produce deliverables if that resource's manager is different than yours?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in September 2008.

Average interview, typical questions, no stress