AIG

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a talent acquisition manager about 10 days after applying for the position to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later, where we discussed mainly my resume for about 20 minutes and we set a in person interview for 10 days after that. I did not hear back from the company for 2-3 weeks after, and the position was cancelled or never filled. I contacted the recruiter about it, and was told they needed someone with more experience.

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – The interview was pretty basic. More like a conversation where the interviewer asked me questions about my internships and courses I had done at college.

Interview Question – How did you over come your biggest fear   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Interview Question – Lots of company facts and figures.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Typical process - someone from HR contacts you, schedules an initial interview to review your background then you meet with the group's manager

Interview Question – Depending on the group, you may need to take a computer test   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at AIG in January 2014.

Interview Details – Went an interview for a 6 months consultant position. Met the 2 team members first then the team manager. The 2 team members started with sharing with me the program they are working on and then jumped into the structure of their team directly including several names that this team will report to. Then the team manager joined to ask if I have any questions.

No specific questions about my skills or experience. They more cared about if the candidate can fit their team oriented working culture. Overall it was not difficult at all.

Very Easy Interview

Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2009.

Interview Details – Worked here a few years before a fulltime opening came up. Was asked by boss to apply for the job online and was called by HR rep. for an interview. Not sure why this was needed as I've worked for the boss before, but this is just a formality which should really be removed. In addition to this hoop, I was subjected to another background check (which was already done before joining as consultant). This seemed like a waste of time and money as the entire background check can take up to 2 weeks. Having worked for the company for years as a consultant, you would think this step could be avoided. After the interview, offer was made a few days later which I countered. A few days afterward, the counter was accepted and offer letter was received 2 days later. The entire process from interview to finally starting as fulltime employee took nearly a month and could really be shortened.

Interview Question – Questions were just the basic ones to gauge my interest in the job. It's a no brainer and really just an informal meeting with the boss and his boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always try to negotiate if you feel you stand out as a candidate. Do not ask for more than 10% though or you'll risk them balking and rescinding the offer. Besides, if you ask for more, there's a good chance your pay raise will be miniscule.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter that asked me if I was interested in a business analyst position at AIG (2 long term contract position). Once, I said yes, I sent him my resume and within a week I was asked to come interview. I met with two people, one manager and analyst. I was asked about my experience on my resume and the manager explained what the job entails. I was asked if I had any questions and I asked about three questions. We concluded the interview and a few days later I received an offer. The manager and the analyst are down to earth people and it has been a pleasure working with them

Interview Question – What is the most challenging part of your current job functions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate with the agency and my rate went up 10%.

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in September 2008.

Interview Details – Average interview, typical questions, no stress

Interviews for Top Jobs at AIG

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees and interview candidates.