AIG Global Services

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.7

Project Manager, PMP Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AIG Global Services in August 2014.

The interview process was chaotic and disorganized. I met with the reporting manager first who then left several times to "go find more people" who also asked me questions or commented on my resume then they, themselves wandered off to find someone else to enter the fray. Very little effort was made to actually assess me as a candidate for the actual position I was interested in. Most of my time was spent answering technical questions relating to my IT background and not my PM background. The one person who knew which position I was attempting to interview for had left 15 minutes into the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can do to help us get more organized?   View Answer

The overall lack of organization was scary and not for me

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AIG Global Services in January 2014.

I had a very brief screening interview with an HR recruiter. It was cursory at best, as the HR person did not know much more about the job than what was listed in the job description. It took almost 3 1/2 weeks for them to call me back about my next interview with the SVP. It was then another 3 weeks to get a open slot on his calendar. He also re-scheduled the meeting three times, often with very short notice. Once we did meet, we spent a 1/2 hour talking in general terms about the company and the challenges that this position faced. I got the definite feeling that he was trying to scare me off, and see how I would react. At the end of the 1/2 hour he promised to get back to me within a week with next steps. I never heard back from him. I also never got a response to my emails to both him and the HR contact. Guess they went in a different direction, but i do wish that they would have had the professional courtesy to let me know,

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. They did the far majority of the talking.   Answer Question

Oil & Gas Assesor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG Global Services.

I interviewed one time in person and once on the phone. Communications were done through a recruiter and apparently they were not real smooth between him and the company. The company atmosphere appeared to be nice and relaxed

Interview Questions
    • Technically, I was what they were looking for. Although I have no insurance experience, they felt that part could be easily picked up'   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG Global Services in January 2013.

Need to get an approval from a lot of senior management to prove we need a full time employee. A job req is then sent to HR. start reviewing candidates with hiring manager. Once finalized get the salary again approved my senior management. Then offer goes out and the on boarding process starts. It is a 2-4 month process.

Interview Questions
    • Systems questions about the application standards. Tuning questions. And simple scenarios   Answer Question

Vice President of Investigative Services Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG Global Services in October 2012.

The process was very long and drawn out. Eventually, I interviewed with the hiring manager. Overall culture still seems to be impacted by the TARP situation as that was the the center-piece of conversation of conversation when the manager was describing the company. Based on this situation, seemed as though there was limited budget for basic things like travel and therefore it appeared difficult to execute objectives of the role.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straightforward and mainly background focused. There were not difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AIG Global Services in September 2012.

A friend of mine who was working for AIG as a contractor told me about a business analyst position with the organization. She wanted me to submit my resume. I submitted my resume and about 30 minutes later I received a call from the recruiter. She wanted me to come in for an interview the next week. I went to my interview on Wednesday the following week and I interviewed with three people during the course of the rest of that week. I was then offered the position the following week. The interview questions were based on my resume and the position that I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever done a cost benefit analysis for an organization. How are you at working with Excel.   View Answer
    None, they were paying higher than expected salary for this position.

Systems Engineer/Applications Packager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG Global Services in August 2012.

I went through a recruiter who got me a face to face interview. I went to the initial interview and spoke to the Director of Infrastructure Services then a Technical Screening with one of his supervisors. The job description that he sent the recruiter was 6 months contract with a chance for extensions. The first thing he said when I walked into his office was that this was only a 4 month contract !! I asked why he would not offer an explanation.

Interview Questions
    • His line of questioning was more about me and my "work ethic", I found this highly unusual. I also found him asking me "trick" questions and using corporate style tactics during the interview and I felt like I was on trial and not a job interview.   View Answer

Voice/Network Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AIG Global Services in January 2010.

The process is straight forward.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG Global Services in October 2009.

Completed application and testing at Texas Workforce Commission. When call for an interview, it went well only about 20 minutes or so. Discussed importance of attendance/tardiness and one on one customer service. Was told AIG does an extensive background check and it would be 4-6 weeks before I heard anything.

n/a

Business Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG Global Services in June 2013.

It takes the whole day, the morning will be composed of a battery of tests. You will get interviewed in the afternoon if you pass the tests.

Interview Questions
    • You are given an essay test with 3 different situations. Your task is to resolve situation as best as possible   Answer Question