AIG Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Campus recruiting explaining about the company, job description.
Orientation about job description, process of the hiring, events of internships.
Meeting with executives and employees of AIG with some drinks and cookies
One-on-one interview

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Applied through university career center, Had the interview in two weeks, Interview taken by group of two people, Asked basic behavioral questions and explained about the role, Second round was the superday.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Interview... Why AIG, Long-term goals etc....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG.

You do three to four interviews with different divisions of the Underwriting AIG team. Each one is approximately 30 minutes and are pretty casual and contain your basic behavioral questions. They pretty much run through your resume and ask questions based on challenges you've faced in past situations and how you handled them. Overall it is pretty casual and nothing is to unexpected. Having some basic knowledge of Underwriting going in is a definite plus.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time when you faced a challenge that was hard to overcome (something along those lines)   View Answers (5)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in May 2013.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Phone interview
    Super day of interviews - interview with 3 or 4 interviewers (usually employees who work in different functions). Many students were present to be interviewed. They had both an AM and PM session to allocate time to interview all the students. The students come from all around the country, even MIT students.

Interview Questions
    • Very predictable questions. Just make sure you can reiterate your resume and explain everything on it with further detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Self intro. How much I know about AIG, why AIG, why my majors. What kind of team conflicts and how did I solve the problem. Multi-task experience. Technical experience-- very general. They didn't ask me to program or to calculate anything in a quantitative way. Interviewed by a HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in December 2012.

On site interview. Interviewed with 4 people. 1 is HR and the other three are actuaries. Very standard behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation when you met a challenging team member, how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AIG in January 2013.

It was more of a test to see how you fit into company culture; the resume is important, but when it comes to big companies such as this, it's a matter of connections (go to career fairs), and your GPA. GPA puts your door in the foot, which puts you in the interview process.

Intern Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR. They asked me classic questions. Tell me about yourself? why this company? and asked me many times if i had any questions. She also asked me if I had experience with power point and excel. Then the HR talked to me about the company and the position for about 10 minutes.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at AIG in February 2009.

First, a breakfast with all the candidates. Two are there watching you. Very uncomfortable.
    Then went to 5-6 rooms. some have two interviewers. some have one. They ask a lot of meaningless behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!