AIG Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Very simple and easy informed me more about how to manage the work flow and what they are looking to achieve. Very nice environment and very professional people.

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

When I got the email saying I was selected for an AIG Summer Underwriting internship interview, it had been at least a month since I first applied. I was actually confused at first because I was also interviewing for an internship in a different division of AIG. The company paid for everyone (including hotels and flights for out-of-towners) to attend a "Superday" which was a two day event consisting of a group panel and networking night at the headquarters and then a round robin interview session with different underwriters and their respective divisions. The underwriters that I interviewed with were actually at the networking night the night before, so I was less nervous than if I went in cold turkey. I heard back less than a week later with an internship offer. Overall the experience was great and I learned so much about underwriting. The AIG recruiters that streamlined the interview process and set up my schedule were so personable and caring-- it was nice to put a face to an email (and they were the same ones from my other AIG internship interviews).

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   2 Answers
    • Are you more of a social person or an analytical person?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

The first day was a social with members of the department you were interviewing with, and also a panel of previous interns who shared their experiences. The social was very casual and some of the interviewers were there as well. The next day, you had three different one on one interviews with members of the department, not HR. It was a lot of personality questions, there weren't any technical questions in my interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. It was a back to back interview. I showed up and was interviewed by one person, and when that was over I went into a separate room where i was interviewed by another person. The questions were all behavioral, and they were read off from a sheet of paper. It was an easy interview, and the people were nice, and cool.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioral questions. tell me about yourself, when have you failed...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Waited two weeks to be selected in a campus interview. 2 30-minute interviews conducted by staffs, no hr. The questions are mostly behavioral, only one problem to be solved. Staffs are very nice i keeping the conversation.

Intern Interview

Interview

Received a call from HR to interview for the position within 10 days of online application. Was selected for the next round with the Hiring Manager. Interview went well but did not receive any update/communication from the HR

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Interview

applied at the campus career fair. Got back to me after two months and scheduled an interview the next day. The interview was easy as all the questions were related to personality testing. It is a one on one interview which took nearly 25 minutes. However, the results were announced after a couple of months although I was told they would be communicated in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• how would you change yourself to fit into the environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I accepted the offer through campus recruiting. I applied online and got the email saying that they would like to talk to me. I had two interviews on that day but AIG was the very first one in the morning. One interview for 30 mins and the company asked behavior questions. They are friendly. The questions are not hard. Just be yourself and relax.

Application

Interview

Applied through university career center, Had the interview in two weeks, Interview taken by group of two people, Asked basic behavioral questions and explained about the role, Second round was the superday.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral Interview... Why AIG, Long-term goals etc....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You do three to four interviews with different divisions of the Underwriting AIG team. Each one is approximately 30 minutes and are pretty casual and contain your basic behavioral questions. They pretty much run through your resume and ask questions based on challenges you've faced in past situations and how you handled them. Overall it is pretty casual and nothing is to unexpected. Having some basic knowledge of Underwriting going in is a definite plus.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you faced a challenge that was hard to overcome (something along those lines)   5 Answers