AIG

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Applied through university career center, Had the interview in two weeks, Interview taken by group of two people, Asked basic behavioral questions and explained about the role, Second round was the superday.

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral Interview... Why AIG, Long-term goals etc....   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – You do three to four interviews with different divisions of the Underwriting AIG team. Each one is approximately 30 minutes and are pretty casual and contain your basic behavioral questions. They pretty much run through your resume and ask questions based on challenges you've faced in past situations and how you handled them. Overall it is pretty casual and nothing is to unexpected. Having some basic knowledge of Underwriting going in is a definite plus.

Interview Question – Can you describe a time when you faced a challenge that was hard to overcome (something along those lines)   View Answers (5)

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in May 2013.

Interview Question – Explain everything on your resume   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Phone interview
Super day of interviews - interview with 3 or 4 interviewers (usually employees who work in different functions). Many students were present to be interviewed. They had both an AM and PM session to allocate time to interview all the students. The students come from all around the country, even MIT students.

Interview Question – Very predictable questions. Just make sure you can reiterate your resume and explain everything on it with further detail.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions. Self intro. How much I know about AIG, why AIG, why my majors. What kind of team conflicts and how did I solve the problem. Multi-task experience. Technical experience-- very general. They didn't ask me to program or to calculate anything in a quantitative way. Interviewed by a HR.

Interview Question – Inappropriate data.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in December 2012.

Interview Details – On site interview. Interviewed with 4 people. 1 is HR and the other three are actuaries. Very standard behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation when you met a challenging team member, how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AIG in January 2013.

Interview Details – It was more of a test to see how you fit into company culture; the resume is important, but when it comes to big companies such as this, it's a matter of connections (go to career fairs), and your GPA. GPA puts your door in the foot, which puts you in the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me a challenge you overcame.   Answer Question

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with HR. They asked me classic questions. Tell me about yourself? why this company? and asked me many times if i had any questions. She also asked me if I had experience with power point and excel. Then the HR talked to me about the company and the position for about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – What is your experience with excel   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AIG in February 2009.

Interview Details – First, a breakfast with all the candidates. Two are there watching you. Very uncomfortable.
Then went to 5-6 rooms. some have two interviewers. some have one. They ask a lot of meaningless behavior questions.

Interview Question – your strengths?   Answer Question

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!