AIG Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Questions about your background, pretty standard but they will focus on your insurance background so be prepared. You will have to also talk about your marketing experience depending on which position you're applying for.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG (Downers Grove, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

First started with a phone interview followed bu an assessment. Must have passed the assessment as I i got a call to schedule an interview with the Agency Director. The interview was mostly a discussion about AIG, products and services, training that would be offered, compensation structure, laptop, 82% retention rate. The only question I had was how does one get compensated while training for and taking the insurance exam, and first year. The answer I got was very unclear and danced around the topic

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two rounds with two teams that were hiring. Didn't ask many questions so much as they were interested in talking about the team, the position, and their expectations. Talked about myself as well and my interests. Pleasant interviewers with the exception of one. Overall, good interview.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I was contacted by staffing agency and invited to 3 rounds of phone interviews and then onsite interview. The whole process took 2 months and they were very slow on this. I did pretty well but 3 weeks after onsite I was told they don't have enough budget for this position and would like to hire a director instead. Very very negative experience. Never believe even a word.

Account Receivable/Premium Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview was comfortable you meet with the Director and Manager at the same time, which I thought was interesting. I was able to express myself and listen to what they wanted for the position at one interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background, why are looking for a new position. Do you know system when can you start .   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview was thorough. In Depth. Lots of questions regarding Systems and processes.A good review of work history and education. A good review of benefits offered and work schedules. Reviewd time available different shifts and hours of operation. Discussed several diffent types of reports related to call center activity

Interview Questions

• What is your level of proficiency in MS Office?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Retirement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview first. Then was called in for an in-person interview with sales manager. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and the in-person took about an hour. The phone interview asked about your experience and asked what you knew about the company. The in person interview was mainly about your characteristics and some experience questions, but mainly favorite/least favorite characteristic, any challenges and how did you solve them etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AIG (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very standard interview process. Met with the supervising partner who asked questions regarding resume and skillset. Then asked you about your knowledge of particular software platforms commonly used in the workplace. Finally asked you if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a particular weakness you have in the workplace?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through the corporate website and was contacted by the Talent team and scheduled for a day interview with 4 different people. The interviews were evenly spaced out and took place at the scheduled time. It was straight and to the point, it was during a time of recovery.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to develop a project on your own and how did you go about it? What resources did you pull?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

One-on-one on campus interview with two different interviewers in the same day and then offered position after 2 weeks. I was told there would be a second round interview at the office, but this did not happen. First interviewer was from the Chicago office and the second interviewer was from New York. I had applied for two positions (Finance and Underwriting) and so I was interviewed for each position - Finance (New York) and Underwriting (Chicago). Each seemed to be recruiting for their respective offices. I was offered a position in the New York office. I don't know whether the interviewers collaborated in choosing candidates for each office.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   1 Answer