AIG

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.7

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

Applied online in August. Got notification in December that I would be invited to a January interview. The HR department told me it could take up to two weeks to receive a decision, but they expedited the process for me because I had another offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Being asked for a couple behavioral questions based on my resume. No technical ones for me. Interviews were held by associates. They were very friendly and helpful on answering questions.

SummerOperations & Systems Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

After submitting my resume through email, I received a phone call to set up a pre-interview screening. From there, I was told to attend the interview "Super Day". The interview day consisted of three 30 minute rotations of interviews, with a break in between. After all rotations were over, AIG provided lunch.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had to deliver bad news to a team? Describe the situation and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

I just applied through the campus webpage and got on campus interview. It was a back-to-back interview. You needed to speak with the manager first then with another person. They responded after one week. Questions were most related to behavior questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Got a phone screening first, very basic about your resume. Then if you are selected, you will have an interview with different employees of the department. They will ask you to elaborate on your resume and tell you about the position.

Interview Questions

The drive plus the salary would not have paid off.

Accountant III Interview

Smooth and straight forward, focus on behavioral questions to find the right match for the position. The process to select a candidate takes in average from two to three weeks.

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You meet with several managers including the HR recruiter. They try to have you meet with as many people in one day and generally takes a week to receive feedback from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how to do plan on achieving that goal???   Answer Question
    You have to be careful on negotiating your pay and time off. You need to negotiate this in the beginning and get it in writing. Management changes often.

Regional Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AIG.

Obvious they are taking warm bodies. Good company but there is a feeding freenzy going on in life insurance sales at this time.Branch Manager was friendly but a hard recruiter. They are playing a numbers game.

Technology Analyst Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

2 interviewer. Each with 30 min. Standard interview with behavioral questions. (why you choose AIG etc.) I dont know how do they reject people based on this type of questions.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

process was lengthy and hr was unresponsive. interview itself was with multiple people which was intimidating. Average interview length with opportunity to ask questions at the end. My suggestion would be to be prepared with more questions about whether or not this position is a good fit e.g. expectations of position, salary increases over time, promotion opportunities, travel planning

Interview Questions
    wish i had negotiated more