AIG Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two rounds with two teams that were hiring. Didn't ask many questions so much as they were interested in talking about the team, the position, and their expectations. Talked about myself as well and my interests. Pleasant interviewers with the exception of one. Overall, good interview.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I was contacted by staffing agency and invited to 3 rounds of phone interviews and then onsite interview. The whole process took 2 months and they were very slow on this. I did pretty well but 3 weeks after onsite I was told they don't have enough budget for this position and would like to hire a director instead. Very very negative experience. Never believe even a word.

Account Receivable/Premium Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview was comfortable you meet with the Director and Manager at the same time, which I thought was interesting. I was able to express myself and listen to what they wanted for the position at one interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background, why are looking for a new position. Do you know system when can you start .   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through the corporate website and was contacted by the Talent team and scheduled for a day interview with 4 different people. The interviews were evenly spaced out and took place at the scheduled time. It was straight and to the point, it was during a time of recovery.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to develop a project on your own and how did you go about it? What resources did you pull?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

One-on-one on campus interview with two different interviewers in the same day and then offered position after 2 weeks. I was told there would be a second round interview at the office, but this did not happen. First interviewer was from the Chicago office and the second interviewer was from New York. I had applied for two positions (Finance and Underwriting) and so I was interviewed for each position - Finance (New York) and Underwriting (Chicago). Each seemed to be recruiting for their respective offices. I was offered a position in the New York office. I don't know whether the interviewers collaborated in choosing candidates for each office.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   1 Answer

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with the Science group. A group that has absolutely no clue what it needs. My initially round of interviews went well with people who were technically qualified. After this stage there was hiring freeze and was told that they would not go forward. Two months later, AIG initiated the interview process again. By this time the group has been re-structured. This time the interview was with technically unqualified Ex-McKinsey consultants. I am not sure how they were qualified to do the interview and and was an absolute waste of time. Needles to say, things did not go well. I was happy this time to not have an offer!!

Regional Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

Interview

Very typical process. I was contacted by a recruiter then had a phone interview with HR manager,
    phone interview division VP and then face to face. Nothing out of the ordinary, took about 2 months for the whole process.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG (Athens, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

My interviewer, James Richardson, was friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Very pleasant interview experience. I watched a video on their different packages, James told me what I could expect and helped me move on to the assessment portion. Also, it helps to have your insurance license or have at least passed your exams.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

One-on-one interview followed by a group interview and then two additional interviews.

Was led to believe the position was salaried prior to interviewing and once again during the first interview. After that I learned it was 100% commission based and I could not even be hired until I paid $300 for licensing out of my own pocket.

The overall process felt deceitful, as if they were trying to hide the fact it was commission only until I was already deep into the process of hiring. In addition, while I understand the need for valid licensing this is an expense that should be paid by the employer upon offering the position. I have worked in multiple fields that required state and federal licenses and never before have I been expected to pay for it out of my own pocket.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are the three most important traits of a leader?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AIG (Amarillo, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It went very well, and I was qualified to handle every aspect of the position. AIG said they would call at the first part of the following week. I never got that phone call or the job. They have an extremely high turnover. AIG appears to be a very shady business in Amarillo, TX or they have some very incompetent people doing the hiring. I wouldn't want to work for a company who promises a lot and doesn't follow through with what they say they are going to do.

Interview Questions

• Can you operate 2 computer screens with multiple programs?   1 Answer