AIG

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst PMO Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Interview Question – 1. How many windows are in NYC?   View Answer

Analyst - FP&A Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through 3rd party recruiter - had an initial phone screen with HR that lasted about 15 min to go over typical phone screen questions (why I am leaving my job, what are my computer skills, etc). Invited to have an in-person interview with dept hiring manager few days later. In person interview lasted about 1.5 hours - met with hiring manager, former dept team member, and two other members that gave me a simple excel test. Basically went over my resume, past work experience - nothing difficult or surprising at all. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult whatsoever - the only unexpected part was the excel test, but it was very simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter that negotiated on my behalf.

Operations and Systems Analyst Interview

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – One round on-campus interview with a super day at the company.

Interview Question – How am I going to deal with the conflict within the team?   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in January 2014 and was contacted for an interview in February 2014. I interviewed with the VP of the business unit, the reporting manager, and an associate in the marketing department. The interview was very casual and flowed as if it were regular conversation. It lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were unexpected for a typical interview. I practiced with previous interview questions and questions from job websites. One behavioral question was asked: "Name a time where you were the first to notice an issue and what steps did you take to resolve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm sure there was room to negotiate, but they made an offer so high above my current salary, I didn't negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call with a few days asked to come in for an interview. Met with HR rep briefly discussed passed experience and what I was looking for. in new position. Met with Manager of department. Our discussion lasted 15 minutes top very basic interview. Regarding product line and department. He was pleasant but not interview savvy.

Interview Question – This was a very easy interview. Not difficult. No thought provoking questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Senior Trial Attorney Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – An AIG Talent Acquisition Consultant contacted me by email after I applied for the position online through AIG's website. She scheduled a telephone interview for the following week. The interview lasted approximately 37 minutes. During the telephone interview, the Talent Acquisition Consultant was well-informed about the position, its duties and responsibilities, and the timeline for hiring. The interview covered worked experience and reasons for seeking a new position generally, as well as with AIG specifically. Salary expectations were only generally discussed; however, the Talent Acquisition Consultant was well informed about the benefits package.

Interview Question – Overall, this was not a particularly challenging interview. The msot difficult question was probably asking for reasons behind a careed change.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Bit unorganized with many different recruiters contacting to set up interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you worked with data, interpreting data, and presenting data.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Three 30-minutes interview in one day. Each interviewer have one piece of paper to ask the general behavior questions

Interview Question – Share your hard time, and what's your action   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Interview Question – Lots of company facts and figures.   Answer Question

Actuarial Summer Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2013.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, two managers interviewed for 30 mins each. Mostly behavioral questions and went over the resume. They give me half of the time to ask questions to them. After four days, HR called and the offer was given few days later. The whole process is really fast, nothing harsh.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All basic quesions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give me a good package in hourly payment. Very competitive for summer intern.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AIG

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG interview questions and advice. All 148 interview reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees and interview candidates.