AIG Interview Questions

2.7

Science Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

First had a screening call where I talked to two people for about 30 mins each, one had a case question. I was then called on-site where I met with 5 people for about 45 mins each. Each asked a combination of behavioral and case questions (some with math). Similar to what one might find for management consulting interviews. Each interviewer allowed about 5 mins for questions at the end. Received scheduled call from HR I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions establishing fit and desire to join the team. Conceptual and mathematical case questions to show off critical thinking processes.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG.

It was a fairly easy process. One phone interview for 30 mins, mainly behavioral questions. Then on-site interview process - 3 one-on-one interviews, all behavioral. Really friendly interviewers. The entire process took less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose this major? Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

The duration is about 1 hours. I applied through school career center. I was interviewed by three employees and it was basic behavioral questions. Most questions are more specific to previous work experiences. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? How much do you know about AIG?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

I applied through my college's job board. First round was an on-campus interview with two employees. Basic behavioral questions, very relaxed. Asked questions about resume. Second and Final Round was at their office. "Super Day", 3 rounds of interviews back to back to back. Two people interviewing each time. Mostly behavioral questions, some questions about the industry and the position in general. If you do about an hr of research you should be okay

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

I applied through my university's job board. The process took about 3 weeks total.

The first round was two back-to-back phone interviews with a managing director and a partner.

The second was a super day at the New York office. They flew me out and I had four interviews with employees from all different levels of seniority. The office is beautiful, the employees were all very sharp and just generally really nice people.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard. Tell me about yourself, why this position, why AIG, what do you know about AIG's history, etc.

At my super day I had one case question but it was pretty fun.

Answer Question
    No negotiation of compensation, I had 2 weeks to make my decision

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2015.

When I got the email saying I was selected for an AIG Summer Underwriting internship interview, it had been at least a month since I first applied. I was actually confused at first because I was also interviewing for an internship in a different division of AIG. The company paid for everyone (including hotels and flights for out-of-towners) to attend a "Superday" which was a two day event consisting of a group panel and networking night at the headquarters and then a round robin interview session with different underwriters and their respective divisions. The underwriters that I interviewed with were actually at the networking night the night before, so I was less nervous than if I went in cold turkey. I heard back less than a week later with an internship offer. Overall the experience was great and I learned so much about underwriting. The AIG recruiters that streamlined the interview process and set up my schedule were so personable and caring-- it was nice to put a face to an email (and they were the same ones from my other AIG internship interviews).

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Are you more of a social person or an analytical person?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2015.

I applied through my university career website and heard back about a month later, they had a two part interview process. The first night was a presentation and networking event which included a panel of past interns. The second day consisted of interviews with three department heads to determine fit and potential placement.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly conversational to test for fit. Other than that I got asked what is one weakness.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

It was an on campus interview. It lasted an hour, 30 mins with each of two interviewers. They are very friendly and down-to-earth. The process is kind of casual. they asked me questions and as i was telling my stories to answer them, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. They showed genuine interest in my story and tried to relate to me.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Awesome interview experience. The process is back to back approximately 30 minutes for each. The question is pretty casual and about your basic behavioral questions like "Tell me why will we hire you?
    What is your greatest strength?". Overall, everyone was enjoyable and easy to talk. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions:
      How do you manage a conflict in group?
      How do you think of financial crisis?

View Answer

Underwriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Phone call with employee in the group. Much more of a conversation than question answer back and forth. Conversation flowed well talking about the market and where prices etc. were headed.