AIG Interview Questions

2.7

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Applied for position via their career website & received an email to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter about two weeks later. Initial interview with recruiter was very structured (a few behavioral questions and questions about my background/experience), yet casual. Less than a week later I received a call to meet for an interview with the hiring manager. Turns out, my interview was not only with the hiring manager, but also the vice president of the division and someone from marketing. The interview consisted of very few behavioral questions and more probing about my skills, knowledge, and background. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received a call two days later saying I did not get the lead position I applied for, but was offered a lower level position on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you noticed something wrong that no one else did.   Answer Question
    Salary offered was so high that I didn't bother to negotiate or ask why I didn't get the position I applied for.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AIG in August 2014.

Spoke to the manager for a quick phone interview and was brought on-site shortly afterwards. Was told that the team showed strong interest in moving forward about a week after the on-site, and then about 7 business days later, I was extended an offer.

The on-site was all-day interview with 13 different people, mostly actuaries. They all seemed to be very friendly and easy to get along with so the interview wasn't very difficult, provided that you prepared to know your resume inside and out. Be sure to listen actively as they will ask you what you learned throughout the day regarding the job, and also be sure to have done homework on the industry and products that they sell. Seemed to be a great position with a great team and strong leadership.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the life industry? What is the most pleasant and unpleasant thing you've heard so far?   Answer Question

We were unable to come to an agreement on salary

IT Project Manager Interview

Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education. Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education.

Tough

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in February 2013.

Very straightforward. Applied online and got a call from their HR recruiter about a week later. SHe set up a face to face interview for me the following week. I interviewed with three people on the same day, got an offer about a week later. Mostly straightforward/behavioral questions, nothing too challenging or difficult.

None

Client Services Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG in August 2010.

I got to the interview via a recruiter. I contacted the recruiter and was interested in getting into the P&C world of Insurance and could not seem to do that at my employer at the time - Allstate. The recruiter fixed up my resume and sent it over to AIG. AIG called and set up the interview for me. I drove to the interview and saw 2 managers at the same time in a conference room type setting. Both asked me some questions and went over my experience and my resume. They made the offer the next day via a phone call from someone in New York. Very easy experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me a time when you had a conflict with another employee and had to solve it?   View Answer
    They offered a salary - I asked if there was any wiggle room on the higher side and they said no and that was it.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2013.

On campus interview for 1 hour. The second round is a superday for about 3 hours which consisted of 5 1-1 interviews with actuaries from different departments. Interviews was broken down into communications, problem solving, technical, informing, and general. Everything wasn't technical except for the technical interview session. Overall was good but tiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Given a situation. How would you price a specific policy.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2013.

Hiring process was very good at my college. There were on-campus interview early November for their intern positions. I had one 30-minute behavioral interview with an actuary, and after two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected questions from the interview. However, some of them were the following:

Tell me about a time when you failed and how you resolved the issue?
      Tell me about a time where you innovated a process?
      What are 3 of your greatest strengths and weaknesses? And why?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Campus recruiting explaining about the company, job description.
    Orientation about job description, process of the hiring, events of internships.
    Meeting with executives and employees of AIG with some drinks and cookies
    One-on-one interview

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AIG in February 2014.

a bunch of random questions regarding your resume
    a list of behavioral questions that is given by the HR
    interviewed with 4 or 5 people in the group
    everyone is very nice

Loss Sensitive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Phone interview with HR department in Houston, TX before going into the office for an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 of the current division managers. They asked similar questions, all basic for entry level interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What book did you last read? It was so unrelated to any kind of work I would be doing.   Answer Question

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!