AIG Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Very simple and easy informed me more about how to manage the work flow and what they are looking to achieve. Very nice environment and very professional people.

Interview

Informal. General questions on interest in and competency for the job. No specific questions or questions designed to trip you up. The interviewers were friendly and mostly concerned with how you will fit in with office culture, your work ethic, and mathematical and subject matter knowledge.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager 2 times and did a survey online. manger was a good guy seemed to have best interest for both parties in mind. They concluded by having me fill out a application online. The position and company seemed to do relevant work but the yearly salary just wasn't efficient enough for me to leave my current position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was arranged by an internal referral from a colleague and was more informational in nature. The interview did result in a few recommendations of people to speak with, which I'll follow up on. Overall, it was an ok experience, though the person I met with didn't end up having many opportunities in their group. In general, positions are tougher to find within AIG right now with the firm-wide expense reduction targets.

Interview Questions

• Why are you exploring other opportunities.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Questions about your background, pretty standard but they will focus on your insurance background so be prepared. You will have to also talk about your marketing experience depending on which position you're applying for.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple. It was important to understand the basic roles of an adviser and how to foster a natural market. Willingness to cold call was important. Had to take a 3 part personality/aptitude test. Getting hired was determined based upon my ability to show up to their office, learn products and marketing techniques. The interview was only a preliminary process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the traits needed to be a successful financial rep/adviser?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIG (Downers Grove, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

First started with a phone interview followed bu an assessment. Must have passed the assessment as I i got a call to schedule an interview with the Agency Director. The interview was mostly a discussion about AIG, products and services, training that would be offered, compensation structure, laptop, 82% retention rate. The only question I had was how does one get compensated while training for and taking the insurance exam, and first year. The answer I got was very unclear and danced around the topic

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AIG in July 2015.

Interview

There was a phone call to schedule another phone interview. The real phone interview took about 20-25 minutes. I have great experience with the interview. The recruiter is nice and friendly, make you feel more comfortable when talking with him.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two rounds with two teams that were hiring. Didn't ask many questions so much as they were interested in talking about the team, the position, and their expectations. Talked about myself as well and my interests. Pleasant interviewers with the exception of one. Overall, good interview.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I was contacted by staffing agency and invited to 3 rounds of phone interviews and then onsite interview. The whole process took 2 months and they were very slow on this. I did pretty well but 3 weeks after onsite I was told they don't have enough budget for this position and would like to hire a director instead. Very very negative experience. Never believe even a word.