AIG

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Contract Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Called by a head hunter. Went in for scheduled head hunter, they seemed to be surprised to even have an interview. Completely waste of my time. Contract labor for a position and an MBA well below the average hourly wage for the job.

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2011.

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Post resume submission, step one is a phone screen. The executive recruiters are really highly knowledgeable about the company and attributes sought in mid to lower/upper management roles. Questions cover types of prior work, scope/span of control, size of projects, deliverables. How I dealt with difficult clients. How I have led and or worked with cross functional teams.

The second phone screen is by a recruiter aligned to one or more specific business units. Questions pertain to what do you do best; skill set; algnment to general requirements of the role.

Third level interviews are in person, multi-person. Hiriing manager, key stakeholder, and the manager of the hiring manager. Questions around work style, leadership, collaboration, some case study type questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a complex work problem spaning multiple departments and countries where there is no clear common outcome, and may actually be desired outcomes that seem to be at cross purposes?   Answer Question

Underwriting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2014.

I made my first contact with the recruiters through a career fair at my university. Only a few basic interview questions were asked at this "screening" (what does AIG do, why AIG, etc.). Around 40 people were invited to interview in second round interviews conducted a week later, which consisted of mainly behavioral style questions conducted by a single interview (mine was a Healthcare Practice Group Leader). Then, the majority (depending on location preference) of final round interviews were held in a Superday at their New York headquarters, featuring 2-3 interviews with various divisions of underwriting (property, marine, casualty, financial lines, etc.) as well as some educational booklets, free goodies, and a networking session (you bet you were being watched!). The one small facet of the interview process that I disliked was that they extended offers over a period of time. Some were notified a week after the Superday, some were told a week after that they would have to wait another week or so before finding out, and some were notified towards the end of that week without having received any news. Personally, this put a rather significant amount of stress on me and some other interviewees, as we were sweating out the uncertainty of the situation while peers around us got their news. Overall, however, this interview process was a great experience. I would definitely give it a shot.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AIG in April 2013.

Hiring process is very objective and efficient. It was a very clear process explained by the managers of HR of the company. 1st interview was with the recruiting manager, second interview was managed by a VP level executive and the last interview with HR VP. Very professionally handled.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2013.

On campus interview for 1 hour. The second round is a superday for about 3 hours which consisted of 5 1-1 interviews with actuaries from different departments. Interviews was broken down into communications, problem solving, technical, informing, and general. Everything wasn't technical except for the technical interview session. Overall was good but tiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Given a situation. How would you price a specific policy.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You'll interview with 4-5 of the employees on one day, plan to stay for 2-3 hours. Don't get too comfortable as the day goes on because that's how you blow the interview. Treat each person as they were the first, be your "A" game, remain professional, sell yourself, dress the part. Let them know what you know and obtain information about the culture and work life balance without sounding complianing.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are detailed requiring you to demonstrate your understanding of change activities, integrated audits (operational, risk, compliance, financial, and technical).   Answer Question
    HR was outsourced and didn't know anything, I found linked in more helpful through friends.

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

Long and drawn out. 4 interviews total. 1 with HR for 30m. 2 with Hiring manager and Program Director. 1 with President and Chief Underwriting Officer of the division. Interview started in the spring offer and start date was in late summer. it took about 3 months from the first HR interview to my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard. The particular product I was underwriting was new to me, so references there were tough to tackle. Other than that, it was laid back and informal most of the time.   Answer Question
    Negotiated vacation time, originally offered 14 days. Negotiated 23 days. They accepted my request within 24 hours.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2009.

Interview setting was a conference room, Interview by 5 people. All questions consisted were specific to my experience, no hypothetical questions: Tell me about a time you and a coworker disagreed on a project. Tell me about a time you had to influence people that were not among your direct or indirect reports. Everyone was very pleasant. then I took a personality exam, which took about 10 minutes and seemed easy, though I am unsure of the results.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your biggest success.   View Answer
    • They me about your most difficult decision .   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG in March 2010.

Phone interview - brief introduction of company followed by more thorough function of department. Description of current successes and pain points. Asked about my background and credentials but coyly asked in slightly different ways to determine if any lies or embellishments told.

1:1 interview - assessment of writing and presentation skills. More in-depth personality assessment with definite focus on body language and demeanor.

Interview Questions
    • How do you persuade a project resource to produce deliverables if that resource's manager is different than yours?   Answer Question