AIG Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG (Downers Grove, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

First started with a phone interview followed bu an assessment. Must have passed the assessment as I i got a call to schedule an interview with the Agency Director. The interview was mostly a discussion about AIG, products and services, training that would be offered, compensation structure, laptop, 82% retention rate. The only question I had was how does one get compensated while training for and taking the insurance exam, and first year. The answer I got was very unclear and danced around the topic

Contract Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Interview

Called by a head hunter. Went in for scheduled head hunter, they seemed to be surprised to even have an interview. Completely waste of my time. Contract labor for a position and an MBA well below the average hourly wage for the job.

Science Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

First had a screening call where I talked to two people for about 30 mins each, one had a case question. I was then called on-site where I met with 5 people for about 45 mins each. Each asked a combination of behavioral and case questions (some with math). Similar to what one might find for management consulting interviews. Each interviewer allowed about 5 mins for questions at the end. Received scheduled call from HR I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions establishing fit and desire to join the team. Conceptual and mathematical case questions to show off critical thinking processes.   Answer Question

Business Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AIG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2013.

Interview

Manageable with good customer service from the HR department.They are very professional & friendly.It starts with a phone call by talent acquisition team,and then they will ask you to attend a one to one interview.There will be 3 stages during the interview:typing skills,IQ test & 2 stages of face to face interview with the hiring manager & the department manager.After 5 working days,they will inform you whether your application is successful or not.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in AIG another 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are very negotiable,depends on how much you expect.

BCP Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG in January 2011.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with 13 separate interviews. Numerous repeat questions. The interview involved business and IT staff up to a group level CIO. There seemed to be a need for total agreement before moving forward.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience would qualify you for this position?   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on AIG's career site and it took approximately a 3 weeks for AIG to contact me by email and then another 2 weeks to set up the interview. The interview process was lengthy, I interviewed with a total of 3 people from 9am-12:30pm. The 1st interview was with 1 person and it was move behavioral questions. The 1st interview was to last 1-1/2 hrs and the interviewer had a list of questions that were to be asked prior to the end of the interview which left very little time for questions at the end. The 2nd interview was right after the 1st interview which lasted about two hours and this interview was with two people and the questions were more technical. Once again due to the length of the interview there was not a lot of time to ask questions at the end due to the time schedule that they were on. After the interview it took approximately 2 weeks for AIG's recruiters to get back to me with feedback from the interview. I was asked to fill out an application and once I filled out the application it took another week for them to make me a verbal offer and then another two weeks for the background check. The process from beginning to end took approximately 2 months and 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work with a difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AIG (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very personable that concentrated on your skillset and relationship management. Additionally, management wanted to ensure the candidate was fit with the organization. Required the candidate to think outside the box when interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you could add value to this department and organization?   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2009.

Interview

Interview setting was a conference room, Interview by 5 people. All questions consisted were specific to my experience, no hypothetical questions: Tell me about a time you and a coworker disagreed on a project. Tell me about a time you had to influence people that were not among your direct or indirect reports. Everyone was very pleasant. then I took a personality exam, which took about 10 minutes and seemed easy, though I am unsure of the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest success.   1 Answer
    • They me about your most difficult decision .   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview - brief introduction of company followed by more thorough function of department. Description of current successes and pain points. Asked about my background and credentials but coyly asked in slightly different ways to determine if any lies or embellishments told. 1:1 interview - assessment of writing and presentation skills. More in-depth personality assessment with definite focus on body language and demeanor.

Interview Questions

• How do you persuade a project resource to produce deliverables if that resource's manager is different than yours?   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

People are friendly and professional. They asked questions of my previous experience, my expectation for the new job. They are very professional and high standard for employees. They asked detail questions of what I did and what I didn’t for job. They looked for people right for the position, not people with the uncertainty. They processed the whole hiring slowly due to a lot of internal approvals.

Interview Questions

• technical questions. If you have not prepared well, you will feel like you lost a great opportunity.   Answer Question