AIG

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Underwriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Phone call with employee in the group. Much more of a conversation than question answer back and forth. Conversation flowed well talking about the market and where prices etc. were headed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

The first day was a social with members of the department you were interviewing with, and also a panel of previous interns who shared their experiences. The social was very casual and some of the interviewers were there as well.

The next day, you had three different one on one interviews with members of the department, not HR. It was a lot of personality questions, there weren't any technical questions in my interviews.

Summer Interal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG in February 2015.

3 managers from different internal audit departments back to back. Each talked to you for 30 minutes. Asked basic prereq questions. Then it was open to inqiury and whatever you or the interviewer wanted to talk about/ask.

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG in October 2014.

The interview was through the university, and the whole process took 1 day. It was a two part interview, first with a human resources manager who asked basic behavioral questions, followed by an interview with a senior level actuarial analyst who went through my resume with me, asking basic questions. It was a good experience, because both the interviewers made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Why pick actuarial science? What are three of your strengths? What is your biggest weakness? What would make you the best pick for our company?   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AIG in February 2015.

Basic Behavioral Questions. Most of the questions submitted on here were read off of a sheet. There were two, 30 minute back to back interviews. I believe all of the people I interviewed with were at least VPs. Overall, pretty enjoyable interview environment. The interviewers were good about making you feel at ease.

Contract Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Called by a head hunter. Went in for scheduled head hunter, they seemed to be surprised to even have an interview. Completely waste of my time. Contract labor for a position and an MBA well below the average hourly wage for the job.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

The recruiter called about two weeks after I applied for the job online. I interviewed a week later with three different people. It was relaxed and the tone was conversational. Each of the interviewers were different in how they interacted with me. One of them was the more formal and the other two were more laid back. I never felt like I didn't have an answer for questions. It really was more of a conversation that they lead in certain directions not straight questions.

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

interviewed on campus. all behovior questions and resume questions, very standard. Talked to 2 guys, 30 minute each. Got notification after 1 week. The department is very big and has many groups including market, credit, liquidity. The internship will be a rotational program.

Analyst - O&S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in January 2013.

I got a call from college on-campus hiring. Interview includes basic HR questions and some technical questions (rare). Require good communication and presentation skills to clear interview. Be ready for some sitiuational question related to conflict and teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why Master's in Computer Engineering?
      2. Tell me about your professional experience in previous company?
      3. How you deal with Conflict ?
      4. Why AIG?
      5. Give me example where you recommend somthing to client and how you have convience them?

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Awesome interview experience. The process is back to back approximately 30 minutes for each. The question is pretty casual and about your basic behavioral questions like "Tell me why will we hire you?
    What is your greatest strength?". Overall, everyone was enjoyable and easy to talk. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions:
      How do you manage a conflict in group?
      How do you think of financial crisis?

View Answer