AIG

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

The interview was focused mainly around the work profile. More of a discussion on the current work. A stress was given to problem solving skills, willingness to learn and enthusiasm.

Salary

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You meet with several managers including the HR recruiter. They try to have you meet with as many people in one day and generally takes a week to receive feedback from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how to do plan on achieving that goal???   Answer Question
    You have to be careful on negotiating your pay and time off. You need to negotiate this in the beginning and get it in writing. Management changes often.

BPA Interview

1 -2 mos before they call for phone interview
    they will schedule you for initial interview
    Usual question..About your resume. your self anything under the sun

Loss Prevention Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in October 2014.

I applied through my school's online job board. A few weeks later I was contacted being told that I had been selected to move ahead in the process. At that point I was asked to specify my location preferences so that my resume could be passed along to the correct managers.

Approximately two weeks following my response I was informed that I had been selected for an interview super day. AIG was very efficient in organizing my travel and covering all expenses associated with my travel. At the super day each candidate had the opportunity to interview with three employees, including managers. Before the interviews began there was a presentation on the company and on the specific position, as well as a lunch with all of the employees who would be conducting the interview. The lunch was a great time to break the ice and get a feel for what the company was looking for in a potential employee.

At the conclusion of the super day, we were told that decisions would be made in 4-6 weeks. Sure enough, 4 weeks following the super day I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any particularly difficult questions. The interviewers were mostly trying to get a sense as to whether or not your personality would fit with the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG in July 2010.

There was nothing out of the ordinary in the interview process. Phone interview, followed by 2 rounds of the in house interviews. The questions asked were relevant to the position and experience.

I had to tell my recruiter what to say. Once she did, I got even better offer than I was asking for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2014.

Via university career website.
    i had 2 back to back interviews. Both the interviews were behavioral. I was asked to give my opinions over some situations.
    That's it!

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if one of your team mates is not working properly, and the deadline is near, etc.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AIG.

Obvious they are taking warm bodies. Good company but there is a feeding freenzy going on in life insurance sales at this time.Branch Manager was friendly but a hard recruiter. They are playing a numbers game.

Technology Analyst Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

2 interviewer. Each with 30 min. Standard interview with behavioral questions. (why you choose AIG etc.) I dont know how do they reject people based on this type of questions.

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG in October 2014.

On-campus recruiting. Two 30 minute interviews with mostly behavioral questions. Heard from them two to three weeks later. The interviewers were both really nice. One stuck to a prescribed worksheet while the other was more natural and improvised based on my work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you failed and how did that impact your work?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2014.

The interview was on campus, two 30 minutes. One as technical and the other one was behavioral. The AIG HR person was unorganized and wasn't there half of the time to coordinate the interview, we had to ask the interviewers if it was our turn. Never heard back from the company after waiting one month I just assume they just forgot or didn't care. My friend also never heard back from the company. Very unprofessional of AIG not to reply back to all candidates.