AIG Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.7

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG.

Met with HR as well as the Director of the group and 3 Associate Directors within the department. Most questions related to personality/behavioral/fit as well as previous work experience. Technical questions were very limited. Overall process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions
    • What previous experiences would be most beneficial in this job?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in September 2014.

The interviewer was very nice. He did a lot of the talking and told me more about AIG. Overall the interview was like a conversation. He did ask the typical "Tell me about a time when...." questions but no technical questions. It was a very laid back and pleasant interview. The only reason I declined was because of the location.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about your role as (insert leadership role here)?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in April 2014.

While the interview process was very long, 2 months actually, it was more of a recruiting interview. They put you through a vetting process. The job is pretty much yours for the taking if you're willing to jump thru their hoops, pass a state license exam, and do a lot of prospecting on your family and friends.

Interview Questions
    It's a commission only job, but for the 4 month paid training they based it on my previous employer's pay. I had to produce the W2.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG in February 2015.

I had one 30 minute interview with them. First question I was asked was "What do you know about AIG", then the interviewer gave a brief overview of the company and his past employment and then asked me a few basic questions about my resume and activities I was involved in. I was then asked 3 or 4 behavioral questions.

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG in February 2011.

Basic questions with HR then met with group of managers for less than an hour; they asked pretty standard questions and that was entire process. Though once offer was in the works, HR took forever to get things finalized.

Interview Questions
    • Basic experience regarding type of claims and knowledge of insurance.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2014.

I applied online. The process began with an interview with a fairly quick and easy human resources person. About a week later I received a call for an in person interview which was scheduled for the following week. The second interview was followed by a third, done by teleconference, with a few different managers based in New York City. All of the interviewers were nice and there was a noticeable lack of "gotcha" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your reserving philosophy was the question that threw me off the most. Other questions were pretty strictly focused on my relevent experience relating to the position. How many claims do you handle? How much authority do you have? How do you work with counsel? What is your favorite and least favorite part of the job?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2015.

I applied through my university career website and heard back about a month later, they had a two part interview process. The first night was a presentation and networking event which included a panel of past interns. The second day consisted of interviews with three department heads to determine fit and potential placement.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly conversational to test for fit. Other than that I got asked what is one weakness.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2015.

When I got the email saying I was selected for an AIG Summer Underwriting internship interview, it had been at least a month since I first applied. I was actually confused at first because I was also interviewing for an internship in a different division of AIG. The company paid for everyone (including hotels and flights for out-of-towners) to attend a "Superday" which was a two day event consisting of a group panel and networking night at the headquarters and then a round robin interview session with different underwriters and their respective divisions. The underwriters that I interviewed with were actually at the networking night the night before, so I was less nervous than if I went in cold turkey. I heard back less than a week later with an internship offer. Overall the experience was great and I learned so much about underwriting. The AIG recruiters that streamlined the interview process and set up my schedule were so personable and caring-- it was nice to put a face to an email (and they were the same ones from my other AIG internship interviews).

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Are you more of a social person or an analytical person?   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG.

It was a fairly easy process. One phone interview for 30 mins, mainly behavioral questions. Then on-site interview process - 3 one-on-one interviews, all behavioral. Really friendly interviewers. The entire process took less than a month.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose this major? Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in February 2015.

their were basic question, mainly about resume. their were 2 interviews with 2 staff members one on one basis. each interview was scheduled for 30minutes. it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • general questions in reference to your resume, nothing technical, interview lasted for 25 min. second round of interview had some technical questions but the interview lasted for 10minutes   Answer Question