AIG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President Interview

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Post resume submission, step one is a phone screen. The executive recruiters are really highly knowledgeable about the company and attributes sought in mid to lower/upper management roles. Questions cover types of prior work, scope/span of control, size of projects, deliverables. How I dealt with difficult clients. How I have led and or worked with cross functional teams.

The second phone screen is by a recruiter aligned to one or more specific business units. Questions pertain to what do you do best; skill set; algnment to general requirements of the role.

Third level interviews are in person, multi-person. Hiriing manager, key stakeholder, and the manager of the hiring manager. Questions around work style, leadership, collaboration, some case study type questions.

Interview Question – How would you handle a complex work problem spaning multiple departments and countries where there is no clear common outcome, and may actually be desired outcomes that seem to be at cross purposes?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG in January 2010.

Interview Details – My experience is probably a thing of the past. I was recommended by a staff member, submitted my resume, and only my future manager interviewed me. Easy, casual, simple, hired.

Negotiation Details – for vacation, got it. not a big deal.

Operational Process Cycle Change Agent Interview

Operational Process Cycle Change Agent

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – First gave my resume at a career fair and got a call 2 days later asking me to come in for an interview. The face to face interview was about 40 minutes long. The next round is supposed to be a phone interview with Management team.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you didn't have enough information to work on a project. What did you do?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Amarillo, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process took a long time due to back ground checks. The interview process was a good experience - two managers interviewed me, one asking the questions and one writing the response. Only one interview was involved.

Interview Question – I do not remember any outstanding question or problem in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process.

Investment Intern Interview

Investment Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – I applied through my school and received an interview a week after the job posting closed. They started the interview by describing the job, and then proceeded by asking behavioral questions. What do you do when you're given two assignments with conflicting deadlines? Walk me through your resume.

Interview Question – How do you cut a circular cake into eight equal pieces?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by one person. After not hearing anything for two weeks I called back to check on the processand was told it usually takes about three weeks for background checks etc. I was hired after approximately three weeks. I don't think it takes that much time anymore. Background checks are done much more quickly.

Interview Question – Don't you think you are too qualified for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for a larger salary. Many employees also negotiate for more time off.

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Lots of behavioral questions (about 15 questions in 30 mins). Most of the questions are very similar, and I ran out of examples very quickly. Asked about ambiguity questions and the obstacles and several about teamwork and a question on whether you want to be the leader in a losing team or a team member in the winning team.

Interview Question – Whether you want to be the leader in a losing team or a team member in the winning team.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details – AIG's local HR will contact you via email or phone after you applied for the job through the intranet/internet. You are given approximately 30 minutes with the hiring manager. Please be prepared to answer all questions related to the job requirement.

Interview Question – What is a problem? define strategy? how do you resolve a problem?   View Answer

Product Support Help Desk Interview

Product Support Help Desk
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – I was submitted for a position through a recruiter. I met with the Help Desk manager at the time, Amy Mazurik.

Interview Question – If I would be willing to supervise the employees even though I would be a new hire. She needed someone to handle schedule/vacation requests and to do evaluations. I had experience in a prior position handling those requests.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – First 3 interviews were a mix of technical, general knowledge of software.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm to indicate the clock time using multidimensional array   Answer Question