AIG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriting Associate Interview

Underwriting Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was already working for the company so i found the position online and applied. I had worked with the boss of this unit previously so it was actually refreshing to see that he was the manager of this. When i went in to interview it was very relaxed and made for a comfortable and easy process.

Interview Question – Was not asked anything unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase took multiple weeks as HR refused to give me the requested pay

Claims Summer Intern Interview

Claims Summer Intern

Interview Details – a phone interview but replaced by in person interview with a hiring manager

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Applied via campus recruiting. Had a first round interview with two senior managers. One on the P&C side and the other on the Life side. 30min each, so lasted 1 hour in total. All behavioral questions (why our company? why actuary? why chose this school?)

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a third party, contacted for a phone interview 3 days later. Phone interview lasted about 15 mins or so, background of company and department, went over my resume and previous experience. In person interview for 4 days later.

Negotiation Details – None

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – A phone interview, followed by in person interview with a number of managers, followed by a call from a talent acquisition team.

Interview Question – Technical questions on Access and Excel   Answer Question

Analyst - FP&A Interview

Analyst - FP&A
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through 3rd party recruiter - had an initial phone screen with HR that lasted about 15 min to go over typical phone screen questions (why I am leaving my job, what are my computer skills, etc). Invited to have an in-person interview with dept hiring manager few days later. In person interview lasted about 1.5 hours - met with hiring manager, former dept team member, and two other members that gave me a simple excel test. Basically went over my resume, past work experience - nothing difficult or surprising at all. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult whatsoever - the only unexpected part was the excel test, but it was very simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter that negotiated on my behalf.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a talent acquisition manager about 10 days after applying for the position to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about a week later, where we discussed mainly my resume for about 20 minutes and we set a in person interview for 10 days after that. I did not hear back from the company for 2-3 weeks after, and the position was cancelled or never filled. I contacted the recruiter about it, and was told they needed someone with more experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – The interview was pretty basic. More like a conversation where the interviewer asked me questions about my internships and courses I had done at college.

Interview Question – How did you over come your biggest fear   Answer Question

Business Analyst PMO Interview

Business Analyst PMO
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Interview Question – 1. How many windows are in NYC?   View Answer

Operations and Systems Analyst Interview

Operations and Systems Analyst

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details – One round on-campus interview with a super day at the company.

Interview Question – How am I going to deal with the conflict within the team?   Answer Question