AIG Interview Questions

2.7

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Applied for position via their career website & received an email to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter about two weeks later. Initial interview with recruiter was very structured (a few behavioral questions and questions about my background/experience), yet casual. Less than a week later I received a call to meet for an interview with the hiring manager. Turns out, my interview was not only with the hiring manager, but also the vice president of the division and someone from marketing. The interview consisted of very few behavioral questions and more probing about my skills, knowledge, and background. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received a call two days later saying I did not get the lead position I applied for, but was offered a lower level position on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you noticed something wrong that no one else did.   Answer Question
    Salary offered was so high that I didn't bother to negotiate or ask why I didn't get the position I applied for.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Applied online. Received a call with a few days asked to come in for an interview. Met with HR rep briefly discussed passed experience and what I was looking for. in new position. Met with Manager of department. Our discussion lasted 15 minutes top very basic interview. Regarding product line and department. He was pleasant but not interview savvy.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very easy interview. Not difficult. No thought provoking questions asked.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Trial Attorney Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

An AIG Talent Acquisition Consultant contacted me by email after I applied for the position online through AIG's website. She scheduled a telephone interview for the following week. The interview lasted approximately 37 minutes. During the telephone interview, the Talent Acquisition Consultant was well-informed about the position, its duties and responsibilities, and the timeline for hiring. The interview covered worked experience and reasons for seeking a new position generally, as well as with AIG specifically. Salary expectations were only generally discussed; however, the Talent Acquisition Consultant was well informed about the benefits package.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, this was not a particularly challenging interview. The msot difficult question was probably asking for reasons behind a careed change.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG in April 2014.

AIG's local HR will contact you via email or phone after you applied for the job through the intranet/internet. You are given approximately 30 minutes with the hiring manager. Please be prepared to answer all questions related to the job requirement.

Interview Questions
    • What is a problem? define strategy? how do you resolve a problem?   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Bit unorganized with many different recruiters contacting to set up interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you worked with data, interpreting data, and presenting data.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG.

You do three to four interviews with different divisions of the Underwriting AIG team. Each one is approximately 30 minutes and are pretty casual and contain your basic behavioral questions. They pretty much run through your resume and ask questions based on challenges you've faced in past situations and how you handled them. Overall it is pretty casual and nothing is to unexpected. Having some basic knowledge of Underwriting going in is a definite plus.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time when you faced a challenge that was hard to overcome (something along those lines)   View Answers (5)

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Post resume submission, step one is a phone screen. The executive recruiters are really highly knowledgeable about the company and attributes sought in mid to lower/upper management roles. Questions cover types of prior work, scope/span of control, size of projects, deliverables. How I dealt with difficult clients. How I have led and or worked with cross functional teams.

The second phone screen is by a recruiter aligned to one or more specific business units. Questions pertain to what do you do best; skill set; algnment to general requirements of the role.

Third level interviews are in person, multi-person. Hiriing manager, key stakeholder, and the manager of the hiring manager. Questions around work style, leadership, collaboration, some case study type questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a complex work problem spaning multiple departments and countries where there is no clear common outcome, and may actually be desired outcomes that seem to be at cross purposes?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Applied through campus career center. Was accepted for an on campus interview and then an on site "super day" interview. Everything was pretty basic - behavioral questions only. I think they really want to see if you would be a good fit for their office environment.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AIG.

Typical process - someone from HR contacts you, schedules an initial interview to review your background then you meet with the group's manager

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the group, you may need to take a computer test   Answer Question

Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Drop resume at school's career center. Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • 1 hour behavior interview from two directors in risk management department. Lots of questions on how how to solve teamwork issues.   Answer Question