AIG Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Underwriting Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, first round interview with 2 HR at a job fair in NYC. follow by superday 4 back to back interviews with 6 people totally from different teams. wasn't hard at all. all behavior /

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you choose underwriting? tell me what did you do at this company in your resume? i saw you did this at this company, tell me about it?   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on AIG's career site and it took approximately a 3 weeks for AIG to contact me by email and then another 2 weeks to set up the interview. The interview process was lengthy, I interviewed with a total of 3 people from 9am-12:30pm. The 1st interview was with 1 person and it was move behavioral questions. The 1st interview was to last 1-1/2 hrs and the interviewer had a list of questions that were to be asked prior to the end of the interview which left very little time for questions at the end. The 2nd interview was right after the 1st interview which lasted about two hours and this interview was with two people and the questions were more technical. Once again due to the length of the interview there was not a lot of time to ask questions at the end due to the time schedule that they were on.

After the interview it took approximately 2 weeks for AIG's recruiters to get back to me with feedback from the interview. I was asked to fill out an application and once I filled out the application it took another week for them to make me a verbal offer and then another two weeks for the background check. The process from beginning to end took approximately 2 months and 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to work with a difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

plain and easy. Five staffs started from 10AM. Focus on the intro of the company and the role of this positions. few technical questions, all behavioral questions. Bring me to a lunch. I cannot believe they asked you so easy questions. I have to say 90% people qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• what is the biggest difficulty you have confronted with? How you overcome it? How you define a good boss versus bad boss   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Two back to back on campus interviews by department head. Mainly behavioral questions. Nothing technical. The interview started with small chats and then move on to the resume. Strong focus on problem solving and teamworking experiences. Questions including past working experiences, school projects, interests in finance related areas, understanding of the market, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you worked very hard for something and failed.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

their were basic question, mainly about resume. their were 2 interviews with 2 staff members one on one basis. each interview was scheduled for 30minutes. it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• general questions in reference to your resume, nothing technical, interview lasted for 25 min. second round of interview had some technical questions but the interview lasted for 10minutes   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AIG in February 2015.

Interview

I had one 30 minute interview with them. First question I was asked was "What do you know about AIG", then the interviewer gave a brief overview of the company and his past employment and then asked me a few basic questions about my resume and activities I was involved in. I was then asked 3 or 4 behavioral questions.

SummerOperations & Systems Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

After submitting my resume through email, I received a phone call to set up a pre-interview screening. From there, I was told to attend the interview "Super Day". The interview day consisted of three 30 minute rotations of interviews, with a break in between. After all rotations were over, AIG provided lunch.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you had to deliver bad news to a team? Describe the situation and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

Interview

Applied online in August. Got notification in December that I would be invited to a January interview. The HR department told me it could take up to two weeks to receive a decision, but they expedited the process for me because I had another offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Being asked for a couple behavioral questions based on my resume. No technical ones for me. Interviews were held by associates. They were very friendly and helpful on answering questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I just applied through the campus webpage and got on campus interview. It was a back-to-back interview. You needed to speak with the manager first then with another person. They responded after one week. Questions were most related to behavior questions.