AIG Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Greensboro, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was very smooth and easy. I applied via careers portal of AIG. Was contacted by the recruiter for initial screening. Had two onsite interviews at the potential location. Expenses incurred during this were reimbursed by the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions to make sure that you are a good fit for the company and its work culture. Was asked about mistakes made in previous work experience.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. It lasted an hour, 30 mins with each of two interviewers. They are very friendly and down-to-earth. The process is kind of casual. they asked me questions and as i was telling my stories to answer them, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. They showed genuine interest in my story and tried to relate to me.

Senior Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIG (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and easy going. I submitted my resume online and was contacted by the branch VP to schedule a face to face interview. 3 days later I interviewed with the Underwriting Assistant Supervisor and Branch Vice President. The interview went very well and they asked me general questions about my work history along with things related to my college career. I could easily tell that they were more concerned with how I preformed in school and less in my previous working experience.

Interview Questions

• Did you take any Risk Management courses in college?   1 Answer

Specialist, Global Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Throughout the entire process, I spoke to 8 people total (1 phone screen, 2 on-site interviews, and multiple phone interviews with different team members), making it one of the lengthiest processes I've ever undertaken. The interviews included straightforward behavioral questions, but were mostly conversational in nature and easy overall. HR did not let me know of their decision within the specified time frame so I decided to reach out one month after my final interview. They replied that I was not chosen. Keeping a candidate waiting needlessly is extremely unprofessional--they should have notified me as soon as they completed the hiring process. I had previously interviewed with AIG in 2014 and the same situation happened.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

When I got the email saying I was selected for an AIG Summer Underwriting internship interview, it had been at least a month since I first applied. I was actually confused at first because I was also interviewing for an internship in a different division of AIG. The company paid for everyone (including hotels and flights for out-of-towners) to attend a "Superday" which was a two day event consisting of a group panel and networking night at the headquarters and then a round robin interview session with different underwriters and their respective divisions. The underwriters that I interviewed with were actually at the networking night the night before, so I was less nervous than if I went in cold turkey. I heard back less than a week later with an internship offer. Overall the experience was great and I learned so much about underwriting. The AIG recruiters that streamlined the interview process and set up my schedule were so personable and caring-- it was nice to put a face to an email (and they were the same ones from my other AIG internship interviews).

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   2 Answers
    • Are you more of a social person or an analytical person?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Awesome interview experience. The process is back to back approximately 30 minutes for each. The question is pretty casual and about your basic behavioral questions like "Tell me why will we hire you? What is your greatest strength?". Overall, everyone was enjoyable and easy to talk. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions: How do you manage a conflict in group? How do you think of financial crisis?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Phone call with employee in the group. Much more of a conversation than question answer back and forth. Conversation flowed well talking about the market and where prices etc. were headed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

The first day was a social with members of the department you were interviewing with, and also a panel of previous interns who shared their experiences. The social was very casual and some of the interviewers were there as well. The next day, you had three different one on one interviews with members of the department, not HR. It was a lot of personality questions, there weren't any technical questions in my interviews.

Contract Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AIG.

Interview

Called by a head hunter. Went in for scheduled head hunter, they seemed to be surprised to even have an interview. Completely waste of my time. Contract labor for a position and an MBA well below the average hourly wage for the job.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter called about two weeks after I applied for the job online. I interviewed a week later with three different people. It was relaxed and the tone was conversational. Each of the interviewers were different in how they interacted with me. One of them was the more formal and the other two were more laid back. I never felt like I didn't have an answer for questions. It really was more of a conversation that they lead in certain directions not straight questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer