AIG Interview Questions in New York City, NY

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loss Sensitive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Phone interview with HR department in Houston, TX before going into the office for an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 of the current division managers. They asked similar questions, all basic for entry level interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What book did you last read? It was so unrelated to any kind of work I would be doing.   Answer Question

Business Analyst PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Analyst - FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Applied through 3rd party recruiter - had an initial phone screen with HR that lasted about 15 min to go over typical phone screen questions (why I am leaving my job, what are my computer skills, etc). Invited to have an in-person interview with dept hiring manager few days later. In person interview lasted about 1.5 hours - met with hiring manager, former dept team member, and two other members that gave me a simple excel test. Basically went over my resume, past work experience - nothing difficult or surprising at all. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult whatsoever - the only unexpected part was the excel test, but it was very simple.   Answer Question
    I went through a recruiter that negotiated on my behalf.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Applied online. Received a call with a few days asked to come in for an interview. Met with HR rep briefly discussed passed experience and what I was looking for. in new position. Met with Manager of department. Our discussion lasted 15 minutes top very basic interview. Regarding product line and department. He was pleasant but not interview savvy.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very easy interview. Not difficult. No thought provoking questions asked.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Post resume submission, step one is a phone screen. The executive recruiters are really highly knowledgeable about the company and attributes sought in mid to lower/upper management roles. Questions cover types of prior work, scope/span of control, size of projects, deliverables. How I dealt with difficult clients. How I have led and or worked with cross functional teams.

The second phone screen is by a recruiter aligned to one or more specific business units. Questions pertain to what do you do best; skill set; algnment to general requirements of the role.

Third level interviews are in person, multi-person. Hiriing manager, key stakeholder, and the manager of the hiring manager. Questions around work style, leadership, collaboration, some case study type questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a complex work problem spaning multiple departments and countries where there is no clear common outcome, and may actually be desired outcomes that seem to be at cross purposes?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Applied through campus career center. Was accepted for an on campus interview and then an on site "super day" interview. Everything was pretty basic - behavioral questions only. I think they really want to see if you would be a good fit for their office environment.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG.

Typical process - someone from HR contacts you, schedules an initial interview to review your background then you meet with the group's manager

Interview Questions
    • Depending on the group, you may need to take a computer test   Answer Question

Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AIG.

Drop resume at school's career center. Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • 1 hour behavior interview from two directors in risk management department. Lots of questions on how how to solve teamwork issues.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Underwriting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

I made my first contact with the recruiters through a career fair at my university. Only a few basic interview questions were asked at this "screening" (what does AIG do, why AIG, etc.). Around 40 people were invited to interview in second round interviews conducted a week later, which consisted of mainly behavioral style questions conducted by a single interview (mine was a Healthcare Practice Group Leader). Then, the majority (depending on location preference) of final round interviews were held in a Superday at their New York headquarters, featuring 2-3 interviews with various divisions of underwriting (property, marine, casualty, financial lines, etc.) as well as some educational booklets, free goodies, and a networking session (you bet you were being watched!). The one small facet of the interview process that I disliked was that they extended offers over a period of time. Some were notified a week after the Superday, some were told a week after that they would have to wait another week or so before finding out, and some were notified towards the end of that week without having received any news. Personally, this put a rather significant amount of stress on me and some other interviewees, as we were sweating out the uncertainty of the situation while peers around us got their news. Overall, however, this interview process was a great experience. I would definitely give it a shot.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!