AIG Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two rounds with two teams that were hiring. Didn't ask many questions so much as they were interested in talking about the team, the position, and their expectations. Talked about myself as well and my interests. Pleasant interviewers with the exception of one. Overall, good interview.

Account Receivable/Premium Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview was comfortable you meet with the Director and Manager at the same time, which I thought was interesting. I was able to express myself and listen to what they wanted for the position at one interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background, why are looking for a new position. Do you know system when can you start .   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through the corporate website and was contacted by the Talent team and scheduled for a day interview with 4 different people. The interviews were evenly spaced out and took place at the scheduled time. It was straight and to the point, it was during a time of recovery.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to develop a project on your own and how did you go about it? What resources did you pull?   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with the Science group. A group that has absolutely no clue what it needs. My initially round of interviews went well with people who were technically qualified. After this stage there was hiring freeze and was told that they would not go forward. Two months later, AIG initiated the interview process again. By this time the group has been re-structured. This time the interview was with technically unqualified Ex-McKinsey consultants. I am not sure how they were qualified to do the interview and and was an absolute waste of time. Needles to say, things did not go well. I was happy this time to not have an offer!!

Science Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

First had a screening call where I talked to two people for about 30 mins each, one had a case question. I was then called on-site where I met with 5 people for about 45 mins each. Each asked a combination of behavioral and case questions (some with math). Similar to what one might find for management consulting interviews. Each interviewer allowed about 5 mins for questions at the end. Received scheduled call from HR I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions establishing fit and desire to join the team. Conceptual and mathematical case questions to show off critical thinking processes.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with HR as well as the Director of the group and 3 Associate Directors within the department. Most questions related to personality/behavioral/fit as well as previous work experience. Technical questions were very limited. Overall process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences would be most beneficial in this job?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

This place is so unprofessional and a waste of time. First they have 2 other assistants call you for an interview who place you on hold for 20 minutes during the interview to go down and get their lunch. then someone else interviews you and then a third. Then if you pass the phone interviews your asked to come in for a FULL DAY of interviews with people who may or may not even be in your department including other assistants and whoever else they can find. Then they change the interview times and days over and over. Its a joke. Years ago, you were called, went in for the interview with the person you would be working for, and if they liked you, you were hired. Today you have to interview with a ton of people who your not even going to work with! I got so fed up I canceled the interview and took another job. Lifes too short. Advice to AIG: learn how to interview and who the candidate should be interviewing WITH, do not waste ppls time with this garbage. ALSO...if you want the candidate to interview with 10 different people for an assistant job, Do it at once, in one room with all the people for one hour. Don't set up 10 different times so the candidate has to answer the same text book questions over and over and over.

Interview Questions

• Same questions everyone looks up on the internet "what was your weakness and strength" that's all they ask now, as if the answers wont be rehearsed, please.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

first round two half-an-hour interviews from scientists in the team. Basic machine learning questions, mostly on how you did your projects on your resumes. How to tell the difference between classifiers. what is the difference between Lasso and Ridge regression? things like that... Never heard back from the team again, sent several emails asking the outcome of interviews. No one replied. Worst attitudes I ever seen in interviews.

Interview Questions

• How to tell the difference between classifiers. what is the difference between Lasso and Ridge regression?   Answer Question

Distribution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Started off with one phone interview that was about 30 min long. Easy conversation asking basic behavioural questions. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear back from HR to set up an in person interview. I then heard back from HR the next day giving me the date to come in for 5 -45min interviews with different executives. They were one after another with no break in between. It then took them almost a month to get back to me with their decision.

Specialist, Global Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Throughout the entire process, I spoke to 8 people total (1 phone screen, 2 on-site interviews, and multiple phone interviews with different team members), making it one of the lengthiest processes I've ever undertaken. The interviews included straightforward behavioral questions, but were mostly conversational in nature and easy overall. HR did not let me know of their decision within the specified time frame so I decided to reach out one month after my final interview. They replied that I was not chosen. Keeping a candidate waiting needlessly is extremely unprofessional--they should have notified me as soon as they completed the hiring process. I had previously interviewed with AIG in 2014 and the same situation happened.