AIG

2.8

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

I spoke to them at first through our school's career fair. They were very nice and welcoming. I was invited to an on-campus interview afterwards. It was your typical half hour behavioral interview. Once we got through the questions, he started having a conversation with me by asking me about myself, hobbies, classes, etc. Basically to get to know me, my personality, and if I am someone he would want to work with. I was then invited to their super day. You interview with two or three different lines and they ask you the same type of behavioral questions. Very relaxed and conversational. Great people there that want to take care of you. Make sure you tell them during your first interview which lines you are most interested in.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were basic behavioral questions. Just practice and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was an internship.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2014.

The interview was on campus, two 30 minutes. One as technical and the other one was behavioral. The AIG HR person was unorganized and wasn't there half of the time to coordinate the interview, we had to ask the interviewers if it was our turn. Never heard back from the company after waiting one month I just assume they just forgot or didn't care. My friend also never heard back from the company. Very unprofessional of AIG not to reply back to all candidates.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2014.

Via university career website.
    i had 2 back to back interviews. Both the interviews were behavioral. I was asked to give my opinions over some situations.
    That's it!

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if one of your team mates is not working properly, and the deadline is near, etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in September 2014.

I received an email about a week after applying online stating that they wanted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and short seeing as she called late as well. She siomply asked what i was looking for and salary requirements. i was called for a face to face interview the next business day. i met with the head of department and a financial analyst. it was pretty basic as the head dept managaer was speaking practically the entire time since the moment we met. He spoke for about 20- 30 min then asked if i had any questions for him before i can manage to even say anthing for myself. He didnt even ask me questions until i after i spoke. After wards, i spoke with financial analyst and it was basically a short 10 min interview even though i was told that it 45 min with each person

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions at all. Typical random questions that they thought of at the moment   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG in August 2014.

I applied online, received an email response from a talent acquisition specialist from their Georgia office who set up a telephone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were a combination of behavioral and substantive of current experience. At the conclusion of the interview, I was informed that I have been selected for the in-person interview, which was set up directly with the admin assistant in the New York Office. The in-person interview was with two separate groups of mid-level managers, about 2-3 person per group depending on who is available. I was not asked to fill out any applications/references after the in-person interview (which probably meant you didn't get selected) but just that I will receive their decision within two weeks. I received an email rejection the same night.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Most questions at the in-person interview were regarding current experience and workload.   Answer Question

Business Analyst PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Analyst - FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Applied through 3rd party recruiter - had an initial phone screen with HR that lasted about 15 min to go over typical phone screen questions (why I am leaving my job, what are my computer skills, etc). Invited to have an in-person interview with dept hiring manager few days later. In person interview lasted about 1.5 hours - met with hiring manager, former dept team member, and two other members that gave me a simple excel test. Basically went over my resume, past work experience - nothing difficult or surprising at all. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult whatsoever - the only unexpected part was the excel test, but it was very simple.   Answer Question
    I went through a recruiter that negotiated on my behalf.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Applied online. Received a call with a few days asked to come in for an interview. Met with HR rep briefly discussed passed experience and what I was looking for. in new position. Met with Manager of department. Our discussion lasted 15 minutes top very basic interview. Regarding product line and department. He was pleasant but not interview savvy.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very easy interview. Not difficult. No thought provoking questions asked.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Post resume submission, step one is a phone screen. The executive recruiters are really highly knowledgeable about the company and attributes sought in mid to lower/upper management roles. Questions cover types of prior work, scope/span of control, size of projects, deliverables. How I dealt with difficult clients. How I have led and or worked with cross functional teams.

The second phone screen is by a recruiter aligned to one or more specific business units. Questions pertain to what do you do best; skill set; algnment to general requirements of the role.

Third level interviews are in person, multi-person. Hiriing manager, key stakeholder, and the manager of the hiring manager. Questions around work style, leadership, collaboration, some case study type questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a complex work problem spaning multiple departments and countries where there is no clear common outcome, and may actually be desired outcomes that seem to be at cross purposes?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.