AIG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Finance Intern Interview

Summer Finance Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in January 2014.

Interview Details – I have applied through my university's career website. A week before the first round, I've got the result for the resume screening. For the first round, there were two face-to-face interviews with two professionals from AIG's Finance department. I did not get any response after the first round so I did not get to the second round.

Interview Question – How many gas stations do you think are there in the United States?   Answer Question

Underwriting Intern Interview

Underwriting Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – I made my first contact with the recruiters through a career fair at my university. Only a few basic interview questions were asked at this "screening" (what does AIG do, why AIG, etc.). Around 40 people were invited to interview in second round interviews conducted a week later, which consisted of mainly behavioral style questions conducted by a single interview (mine was a Healthcare Practice Group Leader). Then, the majority (depending on location preference) of final round interviews were held in a Superday at their New York headquarters, featuring 2-3 interviews with various divisions of underwriting (property, marine, casualty, financial lines, etc.) as well as some educational booklets, free goodies, and a networking session (you bet you were being watched!). The one small facet of the interview process that I disliked was that they extended offers over a period of time. Some were notified a week after the Superday, some were told a week after that they would have to wait another week or so before finding out, and some were notified towards the end of that week without having received any news. Personally, this put a rather significant amount of stress on me and some other interviewees, as we were sweating out the uncertainty of the situation while peers around us got their news. Overall, however, this interview process was a great experience. I would definitely give it a shot.

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President Interview

Senior Director/Assistant Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Post resume submission, step one is a phone screen. The executive recruiters are really highly knowledgeable about the company and attributes sought in mid to lower/upper management roles. Questions cover types of prior work, scope/span of control, size of projects, deliverables. How I dealt with difficult clients. How I have led and or worked with cross functional teams.

The second phone screen is by a recruiter aligned to one or more specific business units. Questions pertain to what do you do best; skill set; algnment to general requirements of the role.

Third level interviews are in person, multi-person. Hiriing manager, key stakeholder, and the manager of the hiring manager. Questions around work style, leadership, collaboration, some case study type questions.

Interview Question – How would you handle a complex work problem spaning multiple departments and countries where there is no clear common outcome, and may actually be desired outcomes that seem to be at cross purposes?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Underwriting Associate Interview

Underwriting Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AIG in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was already working for the company so i found the position online and applied. I had worked with the boss of this unit previously so it was actually refreshing to see that he was the manager of this. When i went in to interview it was very relaxed and made for a comfortable and easy process.

Interview Question – Was not asked anything unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase took multiple weeks as HR refused to give me the requested pay

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Applied via campus recruiting. Had a first round interview with two senior managers. One on the P&C side and the other on the Life side. 30min each, so lasted 1 hour in total. All behavioral questions (why our company? why actuary? why chose this school?)

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Analyst - FP&A Interview

Analyst - FP&A
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through 3rd party recruiter - had an initial phone screen with HR that lasted about 15 min to go over typical phone screen questions (why I am leaving my job, what are my computer skills, etc). Invited to have an in-person interview with dept hiring manager few days later. In person interview lasted about 1.5 hours - met with hiring manager, former dept team member, and two other members that gave me a simple excel test. Basically went over my resume, past work experience - nothing difficult or surprising at all. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult whatsoever - the only unexpected part was the excel test, but it was very simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went through a recruiter that negotiated on my behalf.

Business Analyst PMO Interview

Business Analyst PMO
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Interview Question – 1. How many windows are in NYC?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Interview Question – Lots of company facts and figures.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call with a few days asked to come in for an interview. Met with HR rep briefly discussed passed experience and what I was looking for. in new position. Met with Manager of department. Our discussion lasted 15 minutes top very basic interview. Regarding product line and department. He was pleasant but not interview savvy.

Interview Question – This was a very easy interview. Not difficult. No thought provoking questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details – Three 30-minutes interview in one day. Each interviewer have one piece of paper to ask the general behavior questions

Interview Question – Share your hard time, and what's your action   Answer Question

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!