AIG

AIG Underwriter Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Exploratory interview over the phone and a trip to NYC for a full day.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest fear and how do you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AIG.

Standard Interview, assessed current skills, network base, career goals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Interviewed on campus and then a final round in New York.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group where you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in October 2011.

I had an inside referral who walked my resume to H.R. I initially was called in to have an interview with H.R. and another Regional Manager in a different department. I then interviewed with the hiring manager. This took several months as there was not an opening at that time but they queued me to slide in when one opened up.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any of the typical HR type questions about weaknesses or strengths it was more conversational.   Answer Question
    I had two other offers, they met that offer and their benefits are much better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in April 2011.

I was referred by a friend directly to the hiring manager. He called me, we had a brief conversation, and later that week a recruiter called me to set up an interview day. I met with HR recruiter first, she thought I was there for a different job that was open, which led to some confusion, but then she just asked me some simple questions about my experience and sent me on to meet the team.

I met with all 6 people, for about 30 minutes each, and it was largely conversational. They had good reference to my abilities, so they were clearly just making sure I was a good fit for the team.

I got a call the day after from the HR recruiter and she said everything went well and they would be extending me an offer, everything just needed to be approved. 2 weeks passed and I followed up and she said HR was finalizing the paperwork. Another week passed I called her back, and she said they were just finishing up internal interviews and would make a decision soon. ?!?! Directly in contrast to what she had told me previously. It was a roller coaster! Ultimately the offer came through and it was what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were 100% behavioral and conversational. There were no challenging questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. The hiring manager had asked me for my salary requirements and they were right in the salary range. They offered, I accepted.

Underwriter Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in January 2011.

had a phone interview and then a one on one interview

Underwriting Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AIG in March 2008.

Had a 30 minute phone interview with the lady in HR. I was then called back two weeks later to come in for a one on one interview. It was pretty laid back and we both laughed quite a bit. No challenging questions just what I hoped to accomplish and some situational questions.