AIR Worldwide

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AIR Worldwide.

1st asked to solve 1 exercise, that incorporates both Coding and some basic theoretical question. After submission of that exercise, on site Interview. It was simple, most of the questions were on resume. some questions on Java, C#, C, SQL query.

Data Mining Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

First it went normal. After submitting my resume and bugging the HR, I was asked for a phone screen and then a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by this very rude lady. She did NOT have any basic courtsey. Together with her was the supervisor. He was just as rude and snobby. To kick off, they asked me with this really accusing voice: "Do you have any idea what this position is doing?" I repeated what the job description said, which was nothing like what they told me.

The most uncivil thing is that they NEVER get back to me of what's happening a month and 2 weeks after! Oh well, I am too busy to wait for your empty promise....

Interview Questions
    • Yeah, a great question before they even could pronounce my name right: "Do you have any idea what this job is about?" Well, I instantly feel sorry for applying that crappy position.   View Answer

GIS Analyst Interview

Applied online, first had a half hour phone interview followed by an invite for a full interview. Full interview consisted of one-on-one interviews with three or four different members of the team, including the hiring manager and the person who previously held the position, as well as a programming test and personal project presentation. Company location and culture both seemed awesome, and I enjoyed the entire experience immensely despite ultimately not landing the position.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question about how to engage with arrays in certain programming languages. My programming experience at the time was fairly minimal and I did not know how to answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIR Worldwide.

The interviewer was in hurry didn't spend anytime trying to get to know the candidate. The interviewers are rude and don't make you feel comfortable. The HR is very proactive

Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIR Worldwide.

The process was straightforward and easy to manage. It was several years ago and since the process has changed, likely for the better. Started with a phone screening with the HR contact followed by a phone screening by the hiring manager. After 1-2 weeks, agreed to come on site for an in person interview. Heard back within 1 week and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect to take a programming test but it was very easy.   Answer Question

Risk Consultant Interview

30 minute phone interview that was largely behavioral, and a few days later got a call from an interview at the office. The interview consisted of a total of 7 people, largely covering all groups/departments within the Consulting and Business Development organization. After the interviews, I was required to provide qualitative responses to certain questions to demonstrate interest and understanding of the business/company.

Interview Questions
    • Most interviewers focused on the behavioral aspect and wanted to do a deep-dive on my resume and past work experience. Hardest questions was give an example where you disagreed with a superior/manager/colleague and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    Not much scope to negotiate, not that I know. If offer seems fair and competitive then take it.

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Career fair network and 4 people interviewed. Interview was bit tricky for my position though I managed to answer most of the quant based question but was falling bit short on UI based question. Overall they want Math background, Statistics background, multi tasker and bit Computer programming knowledge along with SQL.

Interview Questions
    No scope for it for my position.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIR Worldwide in June 2014.

First step is a paper test. Finish in two days. Questions include Java, C#, SQL Server. The database question is quite complex. Also some OO concepts. Then I was invited to onsite at Back Bay.
    Three engineers, each for half an hour. All some OO questions. Reverse linked list. And also database design.

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIR Worldwide.

In-house recruiter was very friendly and professional. Phone interviews were great. Once I came in for the in-person, I noticed a few members of the interview panel weren't very prepared and almost didn't even realize they have to interview someone on that day - very frazzled.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how to build code for a system that can generate permutations.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIR Worldwide.

There were two phone interviews, one with recruiter and one with the team manager.
    The phone interview was basically about elaborating past related experiences.
    The onsite interview consisted of several 30-min meetings with individuals I would possibly work with, a one-hour technical presentation, a 30-min coding test, and a 15-min problem solving session.

Interview Questions
    • You could choose the topic of your presentation and it just needed to be technical. Choosing the topic was a little challenging to me because I didn't know much about the audience. But the presentation itself pretty much went as a usual talk you would give at a professional conference.
      Coding test was not what I originally expected for such a job and you needed to hand write the code without any reference. It was tough, but turned out okay.
      For the problem solving part, be prepared to manage stress and think fast.

Answer Question