AIR Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Preliminary phone screens and conversations where great. This was followed by an assignment emailed by the company that I had to complete.
    Unfortunately, the in-person didn't go very well. Two rounds into the interview, it was evident that some of the interviewers weren't prepared. A few of them didn't know what roll I would fit in. And some of the questions that the interviewers were hovering on were college-grad level SQL syntax.

No serious project issues were discussed. If they were, it was unclear.

By the third round, it was clear that I was being measured up for aN Application support engineer and that is to address lot of locking and query tuning issues on the fly.

I decided not to pursue this position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Dynamic SQL?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Interview

They were looking for more industry experience and development skills. Thought I had done a good job with my resume and the phone screening to clearly articulate my skill set, but this interview turned out to be a waste of time. They are using internet explorer, which would have been an absolute nightmare.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle a situation where I would have to push back and explain why something would not work or be a best practice for the web.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Interview

1st asked to solve 1 exercise, that incorporates both Coding and some basic theoretical question. After submission of that exercise, on site Interview. It was simple, most of the questions were on resume. some questions on Java, C#, C, SQL query.

Data Mining Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

First it went normal. After submitting my resume and bugging the HR, I was asked for a phone screen and then a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by this very rude lady. She did NOT have any basic courtsey. Together with her was the supervisor. He was just as rude and snobby. To kick off, they asked me with this really accusing voice: "Do you have any idea what this position is doing?" I repeated what the job description said, which was nothing like what they told me.

The most uncivil thing is that they NEVER get back to me of what's happening a month and 2 weeks after! Oh well, I am too busy to wait for your empty promise....

Interview Questions

• Yeah, a great question before they even could pronounce my name right: "Do you have any idea what this job is about?" Well, I instantly feel sorry for applying that crappy position.   1 Answer

GIS Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, first had a half hour phone interview followed by an invite for a full interview. Full interview consisted of one-on-one interviews with three or four different members of the team, including the hiring manager and the person who previously held the position, as well as a programming test and personal project presentation. Company location and culture both seemed awesome, and I enjoyed the entire experience immensely despite ultimately not landing the position.

Interview Questions

• A technical question about how to engage with arrays in certain programming languages. My programming experience at the time was fairly minimal and I did not know how to answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Interview

The interviewer was in hurry didn't spend anytime trying to get to know the candidate. The interviewers are rude and don't make you feel comfortable. The HR is very proactive

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Interview

The process was straightforward and easy to manage. It was several years ago and since the process has changed, likely for the better. Started with a phone screening with the HR contact followed by a phone screening by the hiring manager. After 1-2 weeks, agreed to come on site for an in person interview. Heard back within 1 week and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Did not expect to take a programming test but it was very easy.   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA).

Interview

Career fair network and 4 people interviewed. Interview was bit tricky for my position though I managed to answer most of the quant based question but was falling bit short on UI based question. Overall they want Math background, Statistics background, multi tasker and bit Computer programming knowledge along with SQL.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No scope for it for my position.

Risk Consultant Interview

Interview

30 minute phone interview that was largely behavioral, and a few days later got a call from an interview at the office. The interview consisted of a total of 7 people, largely covering all groups/departments within the Consulting and Business Development organization. After the interviews, I was required to provide qualitative responses to certain questions to demonstrate interest and understanding of the business/company.

Interview Questions

• Most interviewers focused on the behavioral aspect and wanted to do a deep-dive on my resume and past work experience. Hardest questions was give an example where you disagreed with a superior/manager/colleague and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much scope to negotiate, not that I know. If offer seems fair and competitive then take it.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

First step is a paper test. Finish in two days. Questions include Java, C#, SQL Server. The database question is quite complex. Also some OO concepts. Then I was invited to onsite at Back Bay.
    Three engineers, each for half an hour. All some OO questions. Reverse linked list. And also database design.