AKQA Campaign Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview that outlines the job description. This is then followed by an in-person appointment to come in and meet with people in the teams you are likely to work with. Typically, that consists of one or two senior account executives and usually a senior campaign manager. As a CM, you'll be reporting to the AE more or less, they would want to get a sense of your work ethic, experience and overall competencies in skills like Excel and PPT.

Interview Questions

• How could you improve the ROAS on a given account?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate your salary up to a certain limit. CM's typically come in with a $50k base salary, with a high being upwards of around $56k.

Other Interview Reviews for AKQA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was friendly. Met with 4-5 people and they were to make a decision. General questions, though one person did not look like she wanted to be there.

Negotiation

They sent me an offer without telling me beforehand what the offer would entail. Lowers your negotiating power as they need to redo all the paperwork if you try to get a higher starting salary or more vacation time. I negotiated anyway and didn't care that they "had to redo all the paperwork."

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AKQA in February 2013.

Interview

My experience might be a bit different from a lot of people applying to AKQA. I was referred in by a friend who submitted my resume straight to the director/hiring manager of the position. She immediately told recruiters to bring me in. I had a short phone conversation with the recruiter and was brought in the week after. I was told that I was going to be interviewed by four people, Director of Search, Sr Campaign Mgr, Account Exec, and Account Director. I ended up only meeting with everyone but the Acct Director, who was not in the office. Most of the questions weren't very hard and mainly had me describe my experience. At the end of the interview, I was given a soft offer.

Interview Questions

• What is currently going on in SEM news?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a set range for salaries for each position. Not uncommon but it is a very strict range that doesn't take into pass experience or industry standard for salary negotiation. I was lucky enough to get 10% more than the maximum offered but initially was looking for at least 20%-30% more. This is pretty much a decision by the finance team as I was told by the recruiter.

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AKQA in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screening then in person interview. Interview was 2 hours long and met with five different people.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty easy going and asked at a very friendly level.   Answer Question