AKQA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AKQA.

The interview process was fairly easy. I got referred by a friend within the same day I got a call to be invited for an interview. I then was sent a train ticket to come down. At the interview I was just sat in a room and drilled on questions about my portfolio, what I thought about the company, and if I was truly interested in the position for the client they were currently servicing. Shortly after the interview I was notified that I'll get an email the next day.

The next day I was emailed an offer letter indicating salary, benefits, etc. I was only given about 2 weeks to find a place and come down so that was awkward but things worked out.

Interview Questions
  • There were not any difficult or off the wall questions asked during the interview. If anything I can say it was an experience where looking back on it I feel duped because they painted a picture of ongoing creativity when in all it was just to be a design robot with no work life balance.   Answer Question
I wasn't able to negotiate my offer but if there were someone trying to go in for this role I'd definitely tell them to negotiate as much as possible because AKQA do not give bonuses or raises very often that will increase your salary in a reasonable way.

Other Interview Reviews for AKQA

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AKQA in August 2010.

Communication was easy with their creative recruiting manager. He was very straight forward in his talks with me. He knew he wanted me and made every effort to get me there. Set me up with the right folks to speak to about culture, talent, work/life balance, etc. etc. Salary negotiation was effortless. It's worth mentioning that the recruiting manager I worked with is no longer with the company.

Interview Questions
    • None. The interviews were smooth like a hot knife through butter. The hardest part about interviewing as a designer is being confident in your work yet not be arrogant. The second hardest is not rambling about your resume, experience and work. I'm glad the recruiter was straight forward with me in questions and answers.   Answer Question
    Extra 2k in salary. Moving stipend of 1k.