Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at AKQA
- Campaign Manager (4)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Art Director (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Designer (2)
- Program Director (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Creative Developer (2)
- Design Intern (1)
- Tech (1)
- Creative Recruiter (1)
- Senior Copwriter (1)
- Associate User Experience Designer (1)
- PR & Marketing (1)
- Senior Webdesigner (1)
- SEO Strategist/Project Manager (1)
- Freelance Senior Project Manager (1)
- Developer (1)
- Community Manager (1)
- Associate Creative Director (1)
- Media Manager (1)
- Media Planner (1)
- Account Executive (1)
- Senior Interaction Designer (1)
- Senior Project Manager (1)
- Associate Project Manager (1)
- Technical Consultant (1)
- Technical Delivery Manager (1)
- Junior Designer (1)
- Recruiting Coordinator (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at AKQA (Washington, DC).
The interview process was fairly easy. I got referred by a friend within the same day I got a call to be invited for an interview. I then was sent a train ticket to come down. At the interview I was just sat in a room and drilled on questions about my portfolio, what I thought about the company, and if I was truly interested in the position for the client they were currently servicing. Shortly after the interview I was notified that I'll get an email the next day. The next day I was emailed an offer letter indicating salary, benefits, etc. I was only given about 2 weeks to find a place and come down so that was awkward but things worked out.
- There were not any difficult or off the wall questions asked during the interview. If anything I can say it was an experience where looking back on it I feel duped because they painted a picture of ongoing creativity when in all it was just to be a design robot with no work life balance. Answer Question
I wasn't able to negotiate my offer but if there were someone trying to go in for this role I'd definitely tell them to negotiate as much as possible because AKQA do not give bonuses or raises very often that will increase your salary in a reasonable way.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at AKQA (Washington, DC) in October 2011.
Smart group of folks who care about the company and work that were truly trying to find a leader for a new large account. The panel was late in day but went well after a 1:1 phone screen by hiring manager who also attended interview.