AL Tayer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

Retail Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at AL Tayer (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2015.

Interview

Reliability & Integrity weren't company values Shown During Interview Process I was contacted by an external recruiter for this expat position. I had a Skype with an internal recruiter and the hiring manager. Then, I had a Skype with the head of the Retail HR group. Also, I spoke with the internal recruiter on the phone to address questions that I had. During that call, the internal recruiter challenged me about compensation and revealed that the pay was below what the initial posting seemed to imply because of the deduction of the various allowances. They have 6 months of probation during which time you are not allowed to take any vacation. She told me that I wouldn't be able to use the allowance to travel back home until I had been there for 12 months. She tried to box me in on salary but, when I asked about the annual bonus she refused to answer any questions. This was a big red flag, especially when the salary is low for this type of expat role. Moreover, the head of Retail HR told me that I would be hearing from the internal recruiter regarding a next step and I never did. The external recruiter said the same thing as well. If a company is going to tout reliability as a value, they need to live up to their commitments in the recruiting process. And, if they tout integrity as a value they need to provide clear and specific information about compensation. I started out being very impressed with them and have ended feeling deceived.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at AL Tayer (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

I was head-hunted by a Dubai based recruiter. After initial screening by the recruiter and a hygiene styled HR interview, the talent acquisition team took over. The process started with a Skype interview by a CXO. Due to structural changes in the organization, the second round of Skype interview happened after a few months. This was followed by a trip to Dubai for a case study based panel interview. I was given a case study and 3-hours to prepare my response in a PPT. This was then presented to a 5-member panel and triggered a Q&A session.

Interview Questions

• Case Study was extremely generic and did not specify a problem statement. My response was according to the facts stated in the case study. A panellist challenged me that I hve not answered the question asked in the case study.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Challenging, because as an expat I was moving continents and did not have sufficient inputs to make a conidered decision. As a result, I did not manage to negotiate well.

Assistant Manager - Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AL Tayer (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Very professional based on competency and potential employee skills!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family - Weird question!!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not complicated, I was offered to work to the employer based the salary range within Dubai that time

Assistant Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AL Tayer (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in July 2012.

Interview

I received my a ph. call on my U.A.E no. which was with my brother as I was in Pakistan. I called next day on same no. I received call from. They ask about my nationality. current location and finally expected salary without considering my experience. Finally they greet me and hanged up.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AL Tayer in May 2012.

Interview

It started with an initial face to face interview. Then asked me to work on 2 case studies for presentation. After both were done within the deadline, they told me that the position was filled internally. it was very disappointing. A day later, they asked me to present the same case studies for another position. They loved the work and asked me to take the personality assessment. After all this, i expected to have a offer. But no, they asked to do a full day "managerial assessment" interview which would be from 8am to 4pm.

Interview Questions

The salary is very low and unfortunately the growth process is extremely slow.

Manager Concumer Loyalty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AL Tayer (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in November 2009.

Interview

started of with an initial telephonic interview, later a personality test foloowed by a detailed video conference. After the above process there was an offer made.

Interview Questions

• Apart from providing information on customer purchase ehat other inforamtion does a loyalty program provide   1 Answer