ALCO Stores Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2014
Updated May 15, 2014

2.3

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALCO Stores.

Very simple if you have retail experience. I've never heard about ALCO before. Got a call from talent acquisition managers. She was very positive. I was very positive. District Manager was very positive.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALCO Stores.

Interviewed by phone with HR rep then in person by DM.

Given range of salary and advised DM i would expect to be at top end of pay range

Retail Associate Interview

The hiring process is in person and need to dressed in pants and the interview process are in two steps.

Interview Questions
    • I was ask an personal questions at the interview at the time.   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALCO Stores in March 2013.

Why do you want to work for us.How can you maximize growth.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most difficult problem you have had to deal with, how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ALCO Stores in June 2011.

Took well over three months after offer was made to start. First I interviewed with a recruiter on the phone twice, than a face to face with the District Manager. Than had an interview with the COO.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were asked to perform a task that was not ethical?   View Answer
    My recruiter handled this process for me, we set a dollar amount and it was met.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazen, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazen, ND

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALCO Stores in March 2010.

I had to fill out three different applications because two were lost. Interview was alright, but she was very harsh in terms of schedule that I had

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how I planned to better the Alco store. I didn't. I just needed a job.   Answer Question
    Took the job, needed money. huge mistake

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickenburg, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wickenburg, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ALCO Stores in February 2010.

Apply Online at alcostores.com. It's one interview where the store manager asks questions from a checklist. It's maybe 15 minutes long. Then they have you complete a 5 page assessment test. Then they run a background check. If you pass, they call you and offer you a job. They were very open to questions and quite friendly. The time between when they called me in for the interview until my first day of work was 10 days.

Interview Questions
    The manager's hands are tied as far as pay is concerned. Everyone starts at the same rate. I was able to negotiate a good schedule for myself.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALCO Stores in May 2011.

Phone interview by talent recruting manager from corporate office which lasted about 30 minutes. She was very upbeat and positive. Very detailed in what job consisted of as well as benefites and expectations. Followed by an interview by the nearest District Manager which lasted about an hour or so. Typical questions about past work experience and how you handle certain situations which is pretty typical in a retail management interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of when you hear providing excellent customer service?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as I had a certain range in mind and they offered right in the middle. Research what the pay range is and decide what your personal thresh hold is. I was offered 45k a yr during training phase and it would go up to 46.5k after training. I think you could probably get closer to 50 with some upfront negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALCO Stores in August 2009.

Sent in Resume got a phone call from some one at HR waiting a week had a 1on1 interview did not go well it was like she was in a hurry and i was only stopping her from getting something done did not write any thing down or any of my responces.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALCO Stores in January 2007.

Submitted online application, was invited by District manager to meet and interview. Was offered position as Asst Manager that day. Interview was 30 minutes long, including a math test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What attributes do you have that would make you a good fit for this company?   View Answer
    I had a previous history of management and asked if they would take my previous experience into consideration when discussing salary. They offered a comparable salary to my previous work history. Only advice I could give is to take the local economics into consideration when applying for a job and discussing or negotiating salary. If the economy is on a downtrend, don't expect to get the same salary you would get if the economy was running strong. If you show the employer that you have a working knowledge of the economy, then that is one more reason they should hire you.