ALDI Aldi District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Aldi District Manager Interview

The process consists of three interviews. The first is a quick 30 minute interview with one person, more of like a screening. The next one consists of a 4-6 hour interview process that involves interviews with two other district managers, a Director of Operations and the Vice President of the area. In addition, as people take turns getting interviewed you are given two essay questions to write about. Finally, after this has been completed, you go to lunch with the team, come back and take a quick aptitude test(about 20 minutes long). Unfortunately, I did not pass to get into the interview, but the experience was great and everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions
  • What do you do if you have someone on your team who refuses to do a job such as cleaning the bathroom?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

The hiring process was very unorganized and provided false hope for employment. I attended 2 different smaller interviews before making it to the final stage. I had to take 3 trips to Pittsburgh where they covered barely any expenses except a hotel for the final interview. The final interview was a day long process where I had to miss school. Overall it was very dry and there was not much that intrigued me. The people were nice but the atmosphere was very dry and seemed rehearsed as if they had done it a million times. I am glad I did not receive an offer. They expect so much because they give a large salary but you basically are expected to give up your life.

Interview Questions
    • They used a lot of scenario questions where you had to build upon answers you had given in the past. I thought the essay they required us to write was extremely dumb.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI.

I was invited to a second interview and they flew me down to Orlando. It was a relatively relaxed setting. The interview question were not your typical behavioral questions, but more conversational question; as they tried to get to know you more. The fact that it was very conversational and comfortable made me feel uncomfortable which led to my nervousness. Although I left the interview not too confident and I was expecting at least to make it to the third round, nevertheless, the very next day they emailed me a regret letter.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions that I was posed with mainly dealt with telling them about myself in depth. I interviewed with five different people on my second interview and they all were very key on just wanting me to talk about myself. Be careful of rambling, because I know I caught myself doing that a lot.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Sent in resume online. Received a call to set-up phone interview. Phone interview was general information about yourself. Be professional and give specific answers to questions, not generic. Got offered on-site interview. Long day, toured warehouse & had interview with each executive (4 or 5) then went to Aldi store to meet a couple district managers to see what the job entails in their perspective. I was out of college for a year with 4 years experience in management and the two other candidates were still finishing up their degree. They told us we could all get hired and maybe none of us. There was not a specific position open, they hire who they see fits their criteria

Interview Questions
    • Provide explanation of how you handled managing people in current workplace? What do you look to get out of Aldi?   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Applied online and was told to attend a presentation dinner. Learned about the company,job, expectations, etc. only a twenty minute interview the next morning. I was only asked two questions, how should you treat employees and what do you do if you catch a worker stealing. Was not asked for any other information and interview was done in ten minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I can't believe there wasn't more asked at the interview. Seems like a pretty arbitrary way to hire.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in December 2012.

informal information dinner with 20+ candidates after a career fair, they tried to weed out the uninterested. First interview on campus and got a call back for a second. Picked 4-5 candidates to go to headquarters- drove us out. Three 20 minute interviews, store tour, factory tour, lunch. Heard back within a week

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would be uncomfortable coming from a premiere university and then "just" working in a store.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI.

Applied via school platform. Had face-to-face interview. Question about what would you do if a clerk stole 5 dollars from you.

Interview Questions
    • Question about what would you do if a clerk stole 5 dollars from you.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Have you shop at Aldi
    General questions about future plans.

Aldi District Manager Interview

Rush and intense interview to a college students. The interview itself is not difficult, but the interviewer talks super fast and tried to rush my answer. I should have kept my pace though. I believe different interviewers have different styles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2012.

The company did a very great job making sure they kept in contact with me until it was time for the phone interview. The phone interview was not bad. Asked questions about leadership experience, different roles I have played in solving employee disagreements. They also asked questions about situational things, such as theft, tardiness, customer service, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about firing a great manager, just because they do not agree with corporate management.   View Answers (3)

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!