ALDI

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aldi District Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – I was invited to a second interview and they flew me down to Orlando. It was a relatively relaxed setting. The interview question were not your typical behavioral questions, but more conversational question; as they tried to get to know you more. The fact that it was very conversational and comfortable made me feel uncomfortable which led to my nervousness. Although I left the interview not too confident and I was expecting at least to make it to the third round, nevertheless, the very next day they emailed me a regret letter.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions that I was posed with mainly dealt with telling them about myself in depth. I interviewed with five different people on my second interview and they all were very key on just wanting me to talk about myself. Be careful of rambling, because I know I caught myself doing that a lot.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Sent in resume online. Received a call to set-up phone interview. Phone interview was general information about yourself. Be professional and give specific answers to questions, not generic. Got offered on-site interview. Long day, toured warehouse & had interview with each executive (4 or 5) then went to Aldi store to meet a couple district managers to see what the job entails in their perspective. I was out of college for a year with 4 years experience in management and the two other candidates were still finishing up their degree. They told us we could all get hired and maybe none of us. There was not a specific position open, they hire who they see fits their criteria

Interview Question – Provide explanation of how you handled managing people in current workplace? What do you look to get out of Aldi?   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was told to attend a presentation dinner. Learned about the company,job, expectations, etc. only a twenty minute interview the next morning. I was only asked two questions, how should you treat employees and what do you do if you catch a worker stealing. Was not asked for any other information and interview was done in ten minutes.

Interview Question – I can't believe there wasn't more asked at the interview. Seems like a pretty arbitrary way to hire.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in December 2012.

Interview Details – informal information dinner with 20+ candidates after a career fair, they tried to weed out the uninterested. First interview on campus and got a call back for a second. Picked 4-5 candidates to go to headquarters- drove us out. Three 20 minute interviews, store tour, factory tour, lunch. Heard back within a week

Interview Question – Asked if I would be uncomfortable coming from a premiere university and then "just" working in a store.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied via school platform. Had face-to-face interview. Question about what would you do if a clerk stole 5 dollars from you.

Interview Question – Question about what would you do if a clerk stole 5 dollars from you.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

University Park, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Interview Details – Have you shop at Aldi
General questions about future plans.

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – Rush and intense interview to a college students. The interview itself is not difficult, but the interviewer talks super fast and tried to rush my answer. I should have kept my pace though. I believe different interviewers have different styles.

Interview Question – Scale 1 - 10 for your college life so far.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2012.

Interview Details – The company did a very great job making sure they kept in contact with me until it was time for the phone interview. The phone interview was not bad. Asked questions about leadership experience, different roles I have played in solving employee disagreements. They also asked questions about situational things, such as theft, tardiness, customer service, etc.

Interview Question – What do you think about firing a great manager, just because they do not agree with corporate management.   View Answers (3)

Very Difficult Interview

Haines City, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about the position through my University and spoke to a couple of people until I got invited to the pre-night dinner, where they provided us with dinner and a presentation on the company and answered our questions. I went to that and the next day was my interview. The 1 on 1 interviews were about to be no longer than 15 minutes (which, i though was insufficient) but mine ended being about 40 minutes. I loved the individuals and their energy. I know many say it is a lot of hard work but I think it depended on the personality and how much of a challenge they wanted. The following week (4 days later), I got a call inviting me to the final round interview. It was a whole day filled with 1 on 1 interviews (6 specifically), a tour of the distribution center and a local Aldi, essay questions and a simple IQ exam. At the end of the week, I received a call extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There's really nothing much to negotiate on besides that of your location-maybe. The starting salary is 70,000 and it would basically be considered an insult if you tried to negotiate that.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through my University's Career Center. The job description & benefits are very impressive for the minimum hiring requirements. I attended a mandatory pre-interview group dinner session. The 1:1 interview was overall a positive experience, nothing out of the ordinary. They are big on questions about theft. Almost all of the time was devoted to the interviewer asking you questions.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw an employee steal a candy bar?   Answer Question

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!