ALDI Aldi District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

After DM interning at Aldi, I decided to pursue career as a DM. I ended up having 15 interviews in total in 3 different divisions. I was told numerous times "we want to hire you, but think you'd be better suited for x division." After being flown all around the country numerous times, the last interview VP told me that my GPA was a 2.998 and they required a 3.0 and that he too wanted to offer me a job but didn't feel comfortable "taking a chance on me because my GPA was a hurdle." He said I could potentially have an interview with someone in the corporate office to plead my case of why I should be hired, but after 15 interviews and talking to 20+ members of divisional management, I decided it really wasn't as great a company as the brochures make it out to be. Pay would have been great. I studied leadership and love the responsibility of the job, but in so many conversations, I realized that employees really are not cared about at this company. Bizarre process, indecisive, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• From your research and knowledge, what would you change about Aldi?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you saw an employee steal a piece of gum from the shelf.   1 Answer
  • Are you smart enough to work at Aldi? (My GPA was .002 less than the requirement.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Employee in Haines City, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Haines City, FL).

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, applied through college recruiter and traveled to distribution center in which I participated in five 45 minute interviews back to back and then a tour of the distribution center

Interview Questions

• All behavioral interview questions... Explain a time when you disagreed with a coworker and what did you do, tell me about yourself, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very nice people. Made you attend the pre snack "dinner" if invited from the career expo. After the pre dinner you had interview the next day. The interview was nothing to challenging beyond the normal interview questions. I personally felt that I had a great interview and I was beyond qualified, however I did not get asked back for a 2nd and 3rd interview nor did a classmate/friend of mine that applied for the internship. I am completely confused as to why they did not chose to move forward to me. From my understanding they are extremely picky. However after a close friend of the family was able to speak directly with a DM employee, from what I hear you are OVERWORKED beyond measure. even if the pay seems good initially, If your store performance is doing bad they give you the boot. Glad it wasn't meant to be!

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what you would do if you saw a rotten orange in one the boxes in the produce department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a face to face interview with two different ALDI employees. The second interview they took me to a store location where the DM walked me around the store and the ins and outs of the job. After that they took me back and 5 guys interviewed me a once. It was fast pace rapid fire questions. I am assuming to see how you handle questions under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Second interview they took me to the store and I talked with the DM there   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Interview

The process consists of three interviews. The first is a quick 30 minute interview with one person, more of like a screening. The next one consists of a 4-6 hour interview process that involves interviews with two other district managers, a Director of Operations and the Vice President of the area. In addition, as people take turns getting interviewed you are given two essay questions to write about. Finally, after this has been completed, you go to lunch with the team, come back and take a quick aptitude test(about 20 minutes long). Unfortunately, I did not pass to get into the interview, but the experience was great and everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have someone on your team who refuses to do a job such as cleaning the bathroom?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college career website and was selected for an interview. Prior to attending the interview I attended an dinner info session where employees from ALDI thoroughly informed me about the position. I had my interview the next day which was a typical interview where the interview asked mostly questions about me and what my plans where for the future. The interview didn't last very long and the questions asked where very straight forward and typical. After the interview I was told that i would be contacted within a few days and the next day I received an email informing me that I had been selected to move on to the next step of the process which is an onsite interview at a district location.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of any of the other candidates for the position   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I was invited to a second interview and they flew me down to Orlando. It was a relatively relaxed setting. The interview question were not your typical behavioral questions, but more conversational question; as they tried to get to know you more. The fact that it was very conversational and comfortable made me feel uncomfortable which led to my nervousness. Although I left the interview not too confident and I was expecting at least to make it to the third round, nevertheless, the very next day they emailed me a regret letter.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions that I was posed with mainly dealt with telling them about myself in depth. I interviewed with five different people on my second interview and they all were very key on just wanting me to talk about myself. Be careful of rambling, because I know I caught myself doing that a lot.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Sent in resume online. Received a call to set-up phone interview. Phone interview was general information about yourself. Be professional and give specific answers to questions, not generic. Got offered on-site interview. Long day, toured warehouse & had interview with each executive (4 or 5) then went to Aldi store to meet a couple district managers to see what the job entails in their perspective. I was out of college for a year with 4 years experience in management and the two other candidates were still finishing up their degree. They told us we could all get hired and maybe none of us. There was not a specific position open, they hire who they see fits their criteria

Interview Questions

• Provide explanation of how you handled managing people in current workplace? What do you look to get out of Aldi?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very unorganized and provided false hope for employment. I attended 2 different smaller interviews before making it to the final stage. I had to take 3 trips to Pittsburgh where they covered barely any expenses except a hotel for the final interview. The final interview was a day long process where I had to miss school. Overall it was very dry and there was not much that intrigued me. The people were nice but the atmosphere was very dry and seemed rehearsed as if they had done it a million times. I am glad I did not receive an offer. They expect so much because they give a large salary but you basically are expected to give up your life.

Interview Questions

• They used a lot of scenario questions where you had to build upon answers you had given in the past. I thought the essay they required us to write was extremely dumb.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was told to attend a presentation dinner. Learned about the company,job, expectations, etc. only a twenty minute interview the next morning. I was only asked two questions, how should you treat employees and what do you do if you catch a worker stealing. Was not asked for any other information and interview was done in ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• I can't believe there wasn't more asked at the interview. Seems like a pretty arbitrary way to hire.   Answer Question