ALDI Area Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

3.6

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI in July 2009.

Interview

I met the company during a university recruiting event. They were lookin for mainly graduates only and you could easily tell. I went to the interview next day and spoke with the director of operations that hired the people. I came back for an on site interview with a group of people and they took us out to lunch and met with several different people throughout the day. Very long day.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to being the boss of a 45 year old store manager?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

After applying online, I was accepted to take a video interview. There were 10 questions. You are given around 3 seconds to read each question, and then you have 30 seconds to a minute to answer each question. It is a very pressurised situation but they are looking to see how you deal with the stress of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi? What has surprised you when doing your research for Aldi?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Online application and a few competency questions. 2) Postal application for my first choice region. 3) Invitation to initial Interview (about 20-25 people and about 4 week wait) - including verbal/numerical/logical tests. Very low success rate, out of mine, two people got through, including me. 4) Invitation to meet with an area manager (done with one other candidate) and final interview with MD 5) Invitation to complete personality profiling test. 6) Confirmation of final interviews. 7) Offer

Interview Questions

• At the initial interview the MD asked us to provide: - Brief introduction - Where we did our degree - Why Aldi? - Interesting fact about yourself - Tell me about Aldi (big group discussion, ask questions, the structure of Aldi, how they standardise things for efficiency - make sure you get heard). - 2 minute presentation on your greatest achievement   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naas (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Naas (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

It involved submitting an online application. The process took about 1.5 months. They only contact via post. Got called for a group interview. It involved introducing yourself, then participating in a survival study, then debate. I would disagree with a few people who find it hard to raise their points, unlike them my experience was that I could talk whenever I want. However be careful, as people come in groups of friends and act as strangers during the interview. Also, they might know the process better than you think. So go very well prepared. Oh and it does involve a number of very simple tests, english and maths. just go over GRE prep book for a week and you'l be laughing.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application first with a few questions. Nothing too difficult. Next stage is an online video interview. This is all automated with the questions appearing on screen and then you answering under time constraints. Next stage is the assessment centre. In a large circular room, you are asked to play our several scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Which of the following candidates would you hire? (presented with CV's)   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

25 people in a room. We got asked to talk for 2 minutes on why we should have the job. Next part, we had to make a 2 minute presentation on our biggest achievement to date. We then had to do a mini maths, and literacy test. Very very simple maths, got slightly harder. The literacy test gave you a sentence with a blank space and then several options to put in the blank space. the options were quite.....wordy? Some I had never come across before in my life. We were then given a chocolate and told to go home. They contact you via post, so make sure you give them the address you're living at (not your home one, if you're at uni). Also, no travel expenses paid.

Area Manager Interview

Interview

Group Interview, Meeting an existing area manager in store, personality assessment, final interview with director. Found initial 3 stages fine as a competitive background in sport creates a great base for demonstrating determination and commitment. Waiting on final interview.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

The initial application was online, it was fairly straightforward but did not include any online testing, unlike many similar positions with other companies (Waitrose, Sainsbury's, etc.). About ten days after applying I received a letter from the regional department requesting I complete a standard Aldi application form, I thought this was a little odd. After returning this I received a letter in the post about a week later requesting me to call up and arrange a group interview. The earliest date I could get was about 5 weeks later. There were 12 candidates at the group interview and the morning ran as follows: 1) Numerical and verbal reasoning aptitude tests 2) Introduce yourself to the interviewing director; name, uni degree, why aldi, interesting fact etc. 3) 5 minutes to prepare a 2 minute presentation on your greatest achievement in front of the other candidates 4) Interactive q & a Overall I found it quite challenging as there were some very self assured candidates who tried to hog the limelight and as there are so many of you there it is important to make sure you are heard when you have a strong point without appearing forceful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Awaiting second interview

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a group interview for Aldi a few weeks ago. They want the kind of people who are willing to stab others in the back to get to the top. Started by having to give a 2 minute presentation on anything (do not bring notes with you, one man had his confiscated and was told he was unprofessional). Secondly had to do assessments - numerical reasoning and a personality test. We were told if we didnt have the right personality we would be immediately declined a position. Most people were out to get each other which was very uncomfortable. Finally we did a survival challenge. My group didnt actually seem to decide on anything as they all wanted to be the leader. I literally could not get a word in (and I talk a lot!).

Interview Questions

• you have 30 seconds to prepare a 2 minute presentation on anything   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

online form, then assessment day.

Interview Questions

• the day ran as follows: 1. tests (maths, sequence, verbal); very time pressured, a lot of people seemed to run out of time so work fast! 2. 2 minute introduction of yourself (interesting fact, why aldi etc) 3. 2/3 minute presentation on your greatest achievement. 4. question and answer session (questions directed both ways)   Answer Question