ALDI Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fast signed the application talked to an interviewer ask me my experience my current job and what location I would like to work for got a second interview within a week

Interview Questions

• How well do you know about the position you applied for   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

After DM interning at Aldi, I decided to pursue career as a DM. I ended up having 15 interviews in total in 3 different divisions. I was told numerous times "we want to hire you, but think you'd be better suited for x division." After being flown all around the country numerous times, the last interview VP told me that my GPA was a 2.998 and they required a 3.0 and that he too wanted to offer me a job but didn't feel comfortable "taking a chance on me because my GPA was a hurdle." He said I could potentially have an interview with someone in the corporate office to plead my case of why I should be hired, but after 15 interviews and talking to 20+ members of divisional management, I decided it really wasn't as great a company as the brochures make it out to be. Pay would have been great. I studied leadership and love the responsibility of the job, but in so many conversations, I realized that employees really are not cared about at this company. Bizarre process, indecisive, would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• From your research and knowledge, what would you change about Aldi?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal a piece of gum from the shelf.   1 Answer
    • Are you smart enough to work at Aldi? (My GPA was .002 less than the requirement.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied at job fair and got call back next day offering interview but group interview. I was kind of nervouse but I figured in that position i will be good at

Cashier/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ALDI (Duluth, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

applied in store at job fair. was contacted next day for an interview. interview process was very simple and questions were simple as well be sure to have phone nearby at all times due to the fact that they will call from a unknown number; they don't give out the store numbers. if you do miss the calls, they are good at informing you when they will try to call back

Interview Questions

• In the case of an out of stock item, how would you go by informing the customer / what actions would you take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Went to hiring fair, submitted application to district manager, got a call within a couple of days. Went to 3 interviews, first was with DM, 2nd with store manager, 3rd was follow up with DM, showed me around the store, and offered me a position of cashier contingent on background check and drug test. Was told i would get a call in 1 1/2 weeks, when results came back of both tests. I waited, and waited, and finally at the 3 week mark got a call back from DM with orientation date and time. Have not actually started yet, but will attend orientation in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• is there anything i would need to know about your background before the check is performed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ALDI (Roswell, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

This company is always hosting hiring events and I'm sure 100's of people show up and apply. The thing is they only have maybe 2 positions to fill(they don't tell you that). You read the job description, fill out an application, and they ask a few ?'s.

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied through my University's Career Center. The job description & benefits are very impressive for the minimum hiring requirements. I attended a mandatory pre-interview group dinner session. The 1:1 interview was overall a positive experience, nothing out of the ordinary. They are big on questions about theft. Almost all of the time was devoted to the interviewer asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee steal a candy bar?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Was very smooth from start to finish. Just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• I went on three 1:1 interviews, and all three asked this same question three different ways, "How would you handle employee theft?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Conyers, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

Attended job fair, spoke with interviewer for a few minutes. Called back for 2nd interview. Walked the store with the Manager. Drug test and background check, then hired. Don't bother with a walk-in application. They don't look at them. Attend a job fair, or get a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• In the face to face interview, I was asked to calculate the change as quickly as possible...$14.28 and the customer gives you $20.00 (and several more like this).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

I went in to a career fair they had at the store. I filled out my application on the spot and turned it in to the District Manager who was there to collect a ton of applications. The next day I get a phone call to come in for an interview. I interview a few days later with the District Manager. After the interview he takes me to meet the store manager and I then walk around and chat with the store manager. A few days later the District Manager calls me to come back in for a follow up interview. There I complete my background information and go take a drug test. The results took about 2 weeks to come back. I start a week after the results came in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Talk to me about your most recent job. Your duties and responsibilities and work backwards in your job history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable