ALDI

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier
Conyers, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in June 2009.

Interview Details – Attended job fair, spoke with interviewer for a few minutes. Called back for 2nd interview. Walked the store with the Manager. Drug test and background check, then hired. Don't bother with a walk-in application. They don't look at them. Attend a job fair, or get a recommendation.

Interview Question – In the face to face interview, I was asked to calculate the change as quickly as possible...$14.28 and the customer gives you $20.00
(and several more like this).
  View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2012.

Interview Details – Went to hiring fair, submitted application to district manager, got a call within a couple of days. Went to 3 interviews, first was with DM, 2nd with store manager, 3rd was follow up with DM, showed me around the store, and offered me a position of cashier contingent on background check and drug test. Was told i would get a call in 1 1/2 weeks, when results came back of both tests. I waited, and waited, and finally at the 3 week mark got a call back from DM with orientation date and time. Have not actually started yet, but will attend orientation in a couple of days.

Interview Question – is there anything i would need to know about your background before the check is performed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Cashier
Roswell, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in April 2012.

Interview Details – This company is always hosting hiring events and I'm sure 100's of people show up and apply. The thing is they only have maybe 2 positions to fill(they don't tell you that). You read the job description, fill out an application, and they ask a few ?'s.

Interview Questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2009.

Interview Details – I went in to a career fair they had at the store. I filled out my application on the spot and turned it in to the District Manager who was there to collect a ton of applications. The next day I get a phone call to come in for an interview. I interview a few days later with the District Manager. After the interview he takes me to meet the store manager and I then walk around and chat with the store manager. A few days later the District Manager calls me to come back in for a follow up interview. There I complete my background information and go take a drug test. The results took about 2 weeks to come back. I start a week after the results came in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
  • Talk to me about your most recent job. Your duties and responsibilities and work backwards in your job history.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Aldi District Manager Interview

Aldi District Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through my University's Career Center. The job description & benefits are very impressive for the minimum hiring requirements. I attended a mandatory pre-interview group dinner session. The 1:1 interview was overall a positive experience, nothing out of the ordinary. They are big on questions about theft. Almost all of the time was devoted to the interviewer asking you questions.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw an employee steal a candy bar?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI in October 2010.

Interview Details – Was very smooth from start to finish. Just be prepared.

Interview Question – I went on three 1:1 interviews, and all three asked this same question three different ways, "How would you handle employee theft?"   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees and interview candidates.