ALDI

Getting the Interview

59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lake Grove, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – The manager posted that he would be there to look at applications for a couple of hours and would be interviewing on the spot. I went, filled out an application, waited for the manager to come out of his office, he stared me down, asked me a couple of ridiculous questions like 'Can you lift over 60 pounds over your head?' and 'Are you comfortable with cleaning the bathrooms and the floors?' I had no idea that was the job of a cashier but hey it's a small store so maybe one cashier is really instructed to do everything. I said yes and he wrote something on my application and said we'll call you. I got a bad vibe from this guy the second he stared me down, and he only reaffirmed his vibe by being a jerk.

Interview Question – Being asked: Can you lift over 60 pounds over your head? (when I am clearly a 5 foot 3 petite 19 year old girl, what do you think the answer would be?)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – The interview began with a history overview of my previous jobs. Why I left each job was the focus. After the interview there was drug testing and a pretty basic orientation that taught the ALDI culture and the focus on accuracy, speed, and teamwork with employees. If you display focus and team building abilities you should be fine.

Interview Question – Have you ever used marijuana was asked repeatedly. I answered professionally but it was annoying to be interrogated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on the pay. To get a raise I believe you must become a manager.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a hiring event and was the first one to show up. Go thirty minutes to an hour early, because these events are wildly popular. You should show up prepared with a completed application (available online at the aldi's website, obviously it should have neat handwriting, not dirty or folded), otherwise you will do it there, but honestly just do it beforehand. The district manager will take the application, and give a brief questionnaire gauging your ability + transportation, and informed they'll get back within a week if they're interested. Interview went very well, I think they were impressed with how knowledgeable I was of ALDI. also i emphasized how I had initiative. I had a second interview with a store manager who walked me around the store explaining how everything was ran.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, only discussing paid holidays, advancement opportunities and such.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Two interviews. Very thorough

Interview Question – What would you do if you were at Disneyworld and we unexpectedly called you to come to work   View Answers (2)

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in July 2012.

Interview Details – Went to a hiring event. That is usually the best way to get a cold hire. Got a call back within a couple of days. Had an interview with the district manager. Got another call back to do a store walk with the store manager (keep up your pace). Got sent for drug and background check. That means you were offered the job.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Pinellas Park, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in December 2011.

Interview Details – Went to job fair and was called in for several interviews.

Interview Question – Don't really recall. It has been a couple of years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a base pay offer.

Hurst, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went for my first interview and was told I would have 3 total but have not even heard from the district manager about the first interview .. it has been 3 weeks so far and I can't even get anyone to answer the phone in Denton, TX that's where the office is for that area,,

Interview Question – I was asked if there were anymore jobs in the last 10 years that I did not list because she said the company will be looking at my tax returns to see if there were any other jobs I did not list..
I thought it very strange ..
  Answer Question

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – I drove past the store and there was a sign outside stating that they were hiring. I stopped in and got a resume, filled it out and dropped it off the next day. I was called back two days later, and sat down with the store manager for a brief interview. Was informed of job duties, and expectations, then was set up with an interview with the district manager. Had my interview with the DM and was asked the "basic" interview questions, and was offered a position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the company in 5 years?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied through other source and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Went to open house event for new Bronx locations. There was a long line, and when I got to the front, there was a lady and a man taking applications. I "interviewed" with the man who asked me if I understood the job description, when I was available to work, and if I had any questions. It wasn't much of an interview, as he seemed disinterested in the fact that I currently work at one of their competitors.

Interview Question – The only question I was asked, as well as the people before and after me was "do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – You get called in for a interview, when you go the DM will show you around the store after asking you some questions in the employee break room. You then meet the manager who lets the DM know if you're a good fit. then you wait for call #2

Interview Question – What about the job you think is hardest for you..   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI Cashier interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees and interview candidates.