ALDI

2.5

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied in-person – interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Turned in application in November 2013, got phone call at the end of January 2014. They called me on the phone and asked if i was still interested. Then I went in for an interview. Then there was a follow-up interview upon which they told me I had to submit to drug testing. After passing drug test they called me back in and trained me on the computer. All computer training was paid and they even paid $70 towards steel toe boots.

Interview Questions
  • What would make you fire an employee if you were in a manager position   View Answer
No negotiation. Set wage of $10 per hour in South Carolina.

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in November 2013.

I went for my first interview and was told I would have 3 total but have not even heard from the district manager about the first interview .. it has been 3 weeks so far and I can't even get anyone to answer the phone in Denton, TX that's where the office is for that area,,

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if there were anymore jobs in the last 10 years that I did not list because she said the company will be looking at my tax returns to see if there were any other jobs I did not list..
      I thought it very strange ..

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I drove past the store and there was a sign outside stating that they were hiring. I stopped in and got a resume, filled it out and dropped it off the next day. I was called back two days later, and sat down with the store manager for a brief interview. Was informed of job duties, and expectations, then was set up with an interview with the district manager. Had my interview with the DM and was asked the "basic" interview questions, and was offered a position.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Went to open house event for new Bronx locations. There was a long line, and when I got to the front, there was a lady and a man taking applications. I "interviewed" with the man who asked me if I understood the job description, when I was available to work, and if I had any questions. It wasn't much of an interview, as he seemed disinterested in the fact that I currently work at one of their competitors.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was asked, as well as the people before and after me was "do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

You get called in for a interview, when you go the DM will show you around the store after asking you some questions in the employee break room. You then meet the manager who lets the DM know if you're a good fit. then you wait for call #2

Cashier Interview

I attended one of their many hiring events. I printed out an application, updated my resume, and dressed in appropriate attire for this event. When I arrived, I handed the manager my papers and he said that I would get a call in about a week. I never received that call.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

I saw an ad on Craigslist so I went to my local store, filled out an application in the car and turned it in...I got a call bak 2 days later. The first interview was with store manager and an intern. It was a quick interview, only the store manager asked questions but they were basic. Mostly about my previous job and how it related to this one. Then he goes off on this tangent about everyone making mistakes and how I should be honest and if I have anything on my criminal record (I don't) then he asked me when was the last time I smoked weed I guess to throw me or go into this false confession but I told him I've never tried drugs. Not sure if he believed me but idc. I knew my drug test would be clean. The second interview was a week later with the district manager. He asked pretty much the same questions but we went over the stores expectations a little more. Also, this intv was more laid back, I was told not to worry about dressing up. He asked me to describe my leadership skills and basically why they should hire me. Third intv I decided to wear jeans again. It happened about a week later. It was with the store manager and intern again, this was basically a recap...again. I was then offered the position. I had to fill out some paperwork for them to check my BG and employment history. Then I was asked to call a number about taxes... I was immediately sent off to take my drug test. I got a phone call about a week later for orientation. Overall it wasn't difficult, just an extremely long process. Almost a month.

No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

First attended job fair and was asked where I lived, had transportation, etc., Then was called for first interview within 2days. First interview took place at a store with a corporate hiriing agent and an intern. Second interview was a different store a few days later with only that store manager. Said he had many interviews ahead and how lucky I should consider myself for the oppurtunity - never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in June 2013.

4 Interviews
    Step 1- Job Fair; fill out application, asked if you have a high school diploma, can work 6am-11pm and if you can lift 45 lbs. will call you tomorrow after 5pm
    Step 2- Interview with district manager intern, goes over position,pay,benefits, and Aldi history then ask about what you think customer service is, about former job and basically testing who are personality wise. And to be 110% honest about any drug or criminal background
    Step 3- District manager intern talks to you again going over the job and then your meet the store manager, take on tour around the store, explain the position in depth and tries to let you know it isn't a walk in the park position you are really working, staying busy.
    Step 4 (Final Interview)- District manager and intern ask about past jobs, scenario on stealing, customer service, letting you know your not only cashier but also stock and upkeep. If answers are what they are looking for they offer you the job once you pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you're honest and willing to multi-task and stay busy, you'll be fine. Plus they're looking for people who want to be more than just a cashier.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview is with the DM. You will get two interviews. Very detailed interview. From your previous jobs to present.