ALDI

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Manager Inter

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2011.

Interview Details – Talked to them at career fair that my college attended and then applied online. Had first round interview on campus. Was contacted that day to set up the second round interview which took place at the distribution center. You had several interviews, lunch and a tour of the facility. They requested a drug test a week later and once I passed I was extended an offer.

Interview Question – If you caught someone stealing how would you deal with the situation as a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internship -- no negotiation

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – I got the interview through my school career website. I was interviewed by two people. The interview was quite casual, though one of the interviewers was just observing so that made it a little uncomfortable.

Interview Question – Where are you from? ( I am Asian and I am a foreigner so I was caught off-guard a little, but maybe that's just me)   View Answer

District Manager Inter

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – They guided all applicants about their company through an information dinner then anyone who did go would have significant amount of information about the position and the company. Learn them well as they will be tested during the 1:1 interview later. The Vice president interviewed me and he wasn't very fond of the interview. Hardly any eye contact.

Interview Question – Why would you fire an employee?   Answer Question

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ALDI in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for the district manager internship position. The received an Interview confirmation email, 4 moths after I applied. The first interview was a 1:1 interview at a local branch. I was then called for a second group interview at the headquarters in Frederick Maryland. Tey gave 40 multiple choice questions and 2 essay questions on" why I want to work for ALDI?".

Interview Question – The most difficult part was definitely the second interview.   Answer Question

District Manager Inter

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – 1. Connected with a recruiter at a career fair.
2. Corresponded through email and then eventually set up an on-campus interview.
a. The night before the interview they invited all candidates to a dinner on campus where they had a presentation about their company given by multiple different employees.
3. Approximately 1 week after the interview received notice to schedule a 2nd on-site interview at Aldi in Oak Creek.
4. Interview with 3 separate employees for the on-site interview. Company tour, etc.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – Applied through my career services website. Was chosen for an interview and had a pre night dinner the night before. The pre night dinner told us exactly what the job entailed and what they wanted in a DM. I then had then interview and it was a pretty straightforward resume questionnaire

Interview Question – Why should ALDI choose you?   Answer Question

District Manager Inter

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had a 1 on 1 interview that was very simple and lasted 20 minutes. After that I asked him the next step in the process and he invited me to a dinner that very night. The dinner ended up being a presentation for the full time interviewees that were interviewing tomorrow, so it was nice to be invited as an intern. It was two days ago so I won't hear back for a few weeks.

Interview Question – Most proud accomplishment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI District Manager Inter interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees and interview candidates.