ALDI

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – There are two different interviews in this process. First an on-campus dinner and interview and second, an office visit. The on-campus interview is pretty normal in that the ask basic behavioral based questions to find out if you are a fit for the company. On the second interview, you visit a regional office, a warehouse, a store, go to lunch, and have two interviews with different upper management.

Interview Question – You are a Marketing major, how could you do this management position?   Answer Question

District Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Interviewed at campus recruiting fair and got general info. The night before the interview, everyone goes to a dinner and they tell you about the internship. Day of interview, they ask you four or so questions regarding situations you may encounter. They are really trying to scope out if you are a manager material or not.

Interview Question – If you noticed a worker stealing from a register, what would you do?   Answer Question

Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Interview Details – they came to my university's career fair, then I applied online and was asked to come to a "hiring event" waited 3 hours to just get screening questions for an actual interview at a later date. Did not get called back for a later interview

Valparaiso, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on our university's career site after visiting the Aldi table at our career fair. Then I was selected for an interview the next week, and there was a mandatory dinner/presentation the night before the interview. Basically they just gave you a run down on what Aldi is all about and also what the job entails. Afterwards, you just eat dinner and chat with one of the directors who's at the same table. The interview the next day was pretty standard and lasted 30 minutes. I received an invitation over email a week later about the next round of interviews in Valparaiso, IN.

Interview Question – Why do you have your positive outlook on life?   Answer Question

District Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – On campus, standard interview

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in 10 years in the company?   Answer Question

District Manager Intern Interview

Interview Details – They have a pre interview dinner where they explain what the company is about and tell you all about the benefits of working at the company. Use the information for the interview the next day. I was told in the interview that I was receiving an invitation for the second round interview.

The second round interview was at the company headquarters in Batavia, IL. They first had us go through four interviews in a row with district managers and the Vice President. We then went to lunch, went on a tour of a local store, and took a math and essay test. It was a long day, but pretty painless.

Interview Question – What would your friends say about you? Why do you want to work at Aldi? What leadership experience do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, the pay is set but competitive.

District Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Good, man was very talkative and easy going. Typical interview questions.

Interview Question – If an employer was to steal from the register what would you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Havent heard back yet.

Saxonburg, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school's job board. Was emailed that I had been selected for an interview. You then are required to attend a dinner event the night before interviews start. During the dinner they describe how Aldi is run and what you will do as an intern. They make it seem as if the internship is very beneficial and lure you in the very high pay. However, they don't tell you that this internship requires insane amounts of hours per week, therefore the pay isn't as great as you initially think. After speaking with students who have completed the internship, all have said that the internship is unbearable and that the hours you work are ridiculous.

The interview was quite unprofessional in my opinion. The interviewer asked about 5 questions and I was out of the interview in about 7 minutes. Not surprisingly, I was not offered a second interview. After walking out of the interview, it was quite clear that they had already determined who they were going to move on in the interview process with as they showed that had absolutely no interest in what I had to say.

Interview Question – Go over your job history for me.   Answer Question

South Windsor, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2013.

Interview Details – I met a district manager at my university career fair. He asked me some questions about what I knew about Aldi and what motivated me to stop by his booth. Other than that it was just a casual conversation. He took my resume and offered an interview a week later. The first interview lasted 30 minutes and consisted of questions based on personality: tell me about yourself, what qualities can you bring to Aldi, what did your previous jobs entail? Everything went smoothly and I was selected for another interview with a Vice President a week later. I believe the interview went well. Ultimately, I was not what they were looking for.

Interview Question – What do your friends think about you? What are your hobbies? What is a good work day like for you? How did you handle a confrontational situation with a fellow colleague? Have you had any leadership positions in the past? What did that entail? The most salient detail you should know about is their hypothetical question: You have 5 stores to visit in one day. You go to a store and everything is going well. You go to the second and everything is in chaos because it was a holiday. What do you do? I said that I would help immediately (on hands) and try to stabilize the situation and do damage control and that I would talk to the store manager right after - when the situation died down. My flaw was that I did not address the problem with the other 3 stores - I should have hypothetically called them to see which stores were in chaos.   Answer Question

District Manager Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited at a campus job fair. After applying through the schools server, Aldi invited me to a reception with other District Manager Intern candidates as well as District Manager candidates. The presentation lasted about two hours and included presentations from three District Managers and their Vice President and Director of Operations about the culture of Aldi and the benefits, training, and job description of the DM position. There were several opportunities to ask informed questions showing knowledge and understanding of Aldi. The most repeated word in the presentation was AUTONOMY (try and work that into your answers). After the presentation ended, there was a chance to talk with the Aldi reps for a brief period

My interview was held the next day with one of the District Managers from the night before. It was a very casual interview and he stated that this round was to see if we were a good fit for each other.

The first questions were standard:
Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.
Why did you choose Aldi?

Then he got into a couple situational questions:
What is the best decision you've made?
What is the worst decision you've made?
Tell me about a time where you've made a change that was well received by your team.
What would you do if you saw an employee taking $20 out of the register?

Afterwards, he let me ask him a couple questions. After a brief exchange, I thank him for his time and exited the room . A week later, I received an email stating I was not being considered at that time.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw an employee taking $20 out of the register?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI District Manager Intern interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees and interview candidates.