ALDI District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Process was straight forward. You should not have an issue talking to someone at a career fair because no one every goes to their tables or events. A couple rounds of interviews in office with several Director level personnel and a meeting with the Division VP. Drug and background screen should you be offered a job.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you want to work for a company that sells something as unsexy as groceries.   View Answer
Interviewers will try to intimidate you a little by use of facial expression and short answers to your questions. Honestly, I should have put more value on how negative the approach was to interviewing. I would not have accepted if I knew that the interviewers personality mirrored their company philosophy and attitude.

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Pre-interview dinner the night before with the Vice President and other District Managers, then a 30 minute on-campus interview, then a final interview at an Aldi location. They basically just want to see if you are a "leader" and how assertive you are. They really emphasize their high salary which seems off to me.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to walk through your resume and ask simple behavior questions off that. Straight forward questions like "What would you do if you saw an employee steal $5 from the register?" and "How assertive are you on a scale of 1-10?"   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Had a 1:1 interview on campus. The interview was pretty negative. It focused on things I did wrong, instead of excelled in. She said it takes 2 weeks to hear back about second rounds which take place in Greenwood. Find out about an offer before Thanksgiving break.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was "why Aldi" based instead of behavioral questions   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college which directed me to apply on their website. They called me for an interview very quickly. The first interview was with their VP of district managers. Well, he is the reason for my review. He asked simple questions, but his demeanor was not very flattering. He constantly said "right, uh huh" and it was a little overbearing. He also talked mainly about the salary, and how much employees at Aldi make (which is not why I applied). Then, after I answered all of his questions, he started asking personal questions about my family and what my parents do as a living. It was a little awkward and he came off as rude. Maybe he was having a bad day, but he doesn't seem like the best person to work with.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working at this company especially after talking to this man. What a let down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Campus recruiters at Career Fair, went to an informational dinner, then interviewed with VP. The process was very professional and they were very transparent about what it takes to work there and what life will be like should you accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Lots of inquiry into leadership roles.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I got an email inviting me to a dinner that night before the interview to tell us what the company is all about and at the end we had a chance to talk to the representatives of aldi.

Interview Questions
    • What do your friends think about you?
      What are your hobbies?
      How did you handle a confrontational situation with a fellow colleague?
      have you had any leadership positions in the past? what did that entail?
      Tell me about yourself
      tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      why did you choose Aldi?
      What is the best and work decision you ever made?
        Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive