ALDI District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Informational dinner, interview, final interview in Dallas.
They flew me to Dallas with a group of 6 which was great. Wrote a few essays about why I thought I could be a DM for them, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like tell me how about yourself, how do you deal with stress, ideal job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online and met with them at a job fair. Attended an open house recruiting event where myself and about 15 other candidates toured the store, found out more about the position and training, and was asked questions about the company. Each candidate then met with a current district manager for a mini-interview session. I received a call the next week for 1:1 interview with another district manager. Discussed my experience, answered behavioral type questions, and situation based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education and experience.
      What did and didn't you like about your previous job?
      Tell me about a group project that was difficult for you.
      What would you do if an employee that has been with the company for 10 years with no previous problems took a candy bar when the store was very busy and had intentions to pay for it later?
      What would you do if a store manager tried to take home a piece of store equipment for a friend to fix it?

Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process was very informal a 15 minute on campus interview. He asked me to run down my resume and explain each part of it to him. During this process he interrupted me 4 times telling me that I'm running out of time. He was extremely rude and would not acknowledge me when I tried to shake his hand for the first time. I did not receive an offer which was no surprise. Even if I would have received an offer I would declined just based off of his behavior.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Behavioral questions, asked why I was interested in Aldi. The guy that interviewed me was stoic and I knew that I was not the best fit for their culture. But other than that he didn't ask any hard questions. Interview lasted for 30 minutes and I was able to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the most valuable skillet that you have gained through your extracurriculars that you can transfer to the position you applied for?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Dinner the night before the interview where they basically just tell you about the positions, then a very short behavioral interview (lasted about 10-15 minutes), and then an on-site all-day visit. I have my on-site interview tomorrow, so unfortunately can't provide any insight on that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a difficult decision; tell me about why you decided to come to UW-Madison; describe your college experience on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI (Springfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview with mainly general personality-based questions. They asked questions like:
    What makes a leader?, How do you define success?, What drew you to ALDI?, What do you like to do in your spare time?, What is one undesirable trait that you have personally witnessed in a manager?, and If hired, what will your employees learn from you?

I received a letter (by email) notifying me that they would not be extending me an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name the 3 most influential people to who you are today.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on campus. Be sure to highlight your leadership experience via academic, extracurricular and work experiences. Nice interviewer, just be honest and show why you really want the job other than the good benefits. Second Round interview was at the divisional headquarters in South Windsor, Connecticut. There were 6 half hour interviews all one after another, so it was a lot all at once. Interviewed with 5 directors and the vice president of the division. A lot of overlap in questions. Situational questions such as: "what would you do if employee stole from the store?" and what kind of management style will you have as a district manager?". Then you write two short essays about why you want the job, and what your strengths/weaknesses about the job would be (kind of pointless since it was asked 6 times already). Then you go on a tour of an ALDI store and meet a district manager who was in your shoes not too long ago, so be sure to ask him or her lots of questions. Overall it was a good experience, the only thing lacking was a job offer, which I was a bit disappointed about since I thought the interviews went well.

Interview Questions

• What would your management style be? What leadership experience do you have? What apprehensions about this job do you have?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online through our campus recruiting page and the process took about a week. Went in for the interview, and waited for the recruiter to come and get me to come into the interview room. I was sitting outside the door and the recruiter passed me when she went to talk with one of her colleagues in another room. After she came back the recruiter was on her phone, and did not come and get me. I waited outside the door for 10 minutes and went to check the time, when I came back she acted as if I had done something wrong. Forgive me, but I was taught that the recruiter is expected to be prompt and ask the interviewee to come in to the interview room. Because of this experience I was somewhat glad I was not asked back. I guess my expectations for senior management are too high.
    The actual interview was good though. The recruiter asked behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your college
      Who has shaped your life
      Tell us about a time you handled a conflict

Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

Career fair on campus led to a phone interview. Then a very long "super-day" at one of their regional offices. Met with VP's and directors. Written test was required. Visited a few of their store fronts.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewers met the night before an on-campus interview. The "Pre-night" gave an insight into the company, benefits, and duties expected of a District Manager or Intern. We had a change to talk to current DMs and the District VP. The next day I met with the District VP for my interview; it was extremely informal. She pretty much asked me to briefly tell her about my past work experiences and activities outside of school. She then asked me to walk her through my high school self (what sports I played, what clubs I was in, even who I hung out with). We only spoke for 30 minutes or so and then we were finished; I had to ask her if I could ask some more exact questions about the position and the company. I was supposed to be notified the next day if I was going to be asked back for a final interview at their District Headquarters.