ALDI

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.9

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

There was a dinner for all of the next day's interviewees. I did two separate interviews (two separate days), 30 minutes each. One was with another District Manager and the second was with an Operations Director. The reason I had two of the shorter interviews is because they shifted me from one district to a different district, based on my long-term location preferences.

Interview Questions
  • Suppose you were district manager over a store that is located in a town that is highly adverse to diversity. You have a diverse store manager from out of town that none of the local store employees will listen to or respect, so the store is completely falling apart, none of your goals are being met, sales are down, the store is a mess etc. What do you do?

Say you are driving to a store to do interviews of potential new employees when you get a call from a store manager at a store in the opposite direction to tell you that there has just been a huge fist fight, the store employees are gone and he is there by himself. There is no one to cover the interviews you are supposed to be doing at one store, but you have a store manager in a crisis at another store. What do you do?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

I submitted my resume at an on campus career fair at a college. I then was invited to and attended an information session and then had a first round interview at the college campus (about 2 weeks after the fair). The second round interview included group and individual interviews at the divisional office about 3 weeks later. A final round interview with the divisional vice president, a director of operations, and several district managers was conducted 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • While reviewing video at a store you observe one of your best employees who has been with the company for over 10 years eating a bag of chips that she did not and does not pay for. Company policy says the punishment for stealing is termination, however you are short staffed with the Holiday season coming up and the employee has not prior policy violations. What do you do?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Aldi is upfront about their salary for all entry level hires. However, their offer is significantly higher than the industry average.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

From school website. They have a pre-dinner to introduce what the job do and related question. after that we had a 1vs 1 interview. they just let me go over my resume. nothing special.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Went to info session at my university and was then invited to a pre-night dinner and an on campus interview. They gave us all the background on the company and tried to be super impressive. Went to 1st rud of interviews. It was straightforward behavioral based questions. Then got an invite a week later for second round interviews. Had to take a day off classes and went to Oak Creek WI for an all day interview. Had 5 mini behavior interviews with VPs and then had a tour of the warehouse and of a store. Met two other district managers and then had lunch. Afterwards had to write an essay. Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to support someone or failed to support someone?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI.

Aldi came to my college's career fair and got in contact with me after viewing my résumé. They sent me an e-mail through my college's career center, and set up an interview.

I made it past the first interview, and have to go to a day-long assessment at Aldi. The assessment is going to be from 9-330, and they have different activities so they can spot out who the real leaders are.

Interview Questions
    • If you could start college over again what would you change?
      Define leadership.
      What makes you more qualified than the others?
      Tell me about a time you made a decision you later regretted.
        View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

First round on campus, second on location. Process was easy and all the interviews were behavioral. I enjoyed my day on campus at Aldi and was offered position. Great company

District Manager Interview

Process was straight forward. You should not have an issue talking to someone at a career fair because no one every goes to their tables or events. A couple rounds of interviews in office with several Director level personnel and a meeting with the Division VP. Drug and background screen should you be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a company that sells something as unsexy as groceries.   View Answer
    Interviewers will try to intimidate you a little by use of facial expression and short answers to your questions. Honestly, I should have put more value on how negative the approach was to interviewing. I would not have accepted if I knew that the interviewers personality mirrored their company philosophy and attitude.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question