ALDI

Getting the Interview

63 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details – It was 2 week quick process. Round interview with all the directors and follow up with third interview. Than the final offer.

Interview Question – If you were a animal What would you be and why?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Interview Details – Aldi came to the campus job fair and accepted resumes online. For those selected for interviews, the first step was a pre-interview dinner, which was an hour long meet and greet/information session to learn about the position and ask questions. The next day was a 20 minute interview. Those selected attend a final interview day at a distribution center to meet with the VP, DMs, etc. Full day, tours and 3 interviews.

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions, they are basically looking for a personality type: LEADERS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You can look up the salary online, it's the same across the board.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied on college career website and have interview with the director. simple questions

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Applied though school career website. We were treat with a nice dinner the day before the interview.

Interview Question – All common behavior questions   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Had one on ones with the VP and 2 Directors

Interview Question – Did you ever leave a job to avoid being fired?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – all pay and benefits accurately listed on the website including new car on day 1

Batavia, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through campus recruiting and was invited to an information session followed by a 1:1 interview. Was then asked to do an on-site interview which lasted around 4 hours. Was interviewed by several existing district managers and their superiors. Then had lunch before the session was over. Everyone was very nice, though it was clear the company is very set in its ways.

Finally I did a ride-along interview with a current district manager. It went well I thought and I generally expected an offer. However I did not receive one. I believe this was because towards the end I probed about how long people usually stayed at Aldi and what other careers Aldi might set them up for.

Interview Question – Why Aldi?   Answer Question

District Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my university career source, and I got an email about 2 weeks later saying that I had been selected for an interview. I had to attend a pre-interview dinner/presentation the night before my interview. I really liked this because it described the company and the position in detail, and they answered any questions that anyone had. The next morning I had my interview, and it was only scheduled for 20 minutes. Because there was so little time, the interview was kind of stressful, but overall a neat and good learning experience. My interviewer was nice, but he just asked question after question and did not give any feedback at all after I would answer. It seemed that he wanted to squeeze as many behavioral questions in the allotted time that he could. I received an email 3 business days after my interview telling me that I would not be moving on in the hiring process. They were interviewing close to 200 people and were only looking to take about 6-8.

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest accomplishment/something you are most proud of that I would not know from looking at your resume. What do you think you would find hardest about this position? Would you be comfortable with firing someone? What would someone have to do to make you fire them on the spot? How would you get all of the employees to respect you as their manager? What relationship do you think is appropriate to have with your employees (how deeply should you get to know them)?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

West Mifflin, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for District Manager through Aldi's website. Two days later I received an email asking me to attend an early morning hiring event at a store. When I got there, the district manager walked myself and one other interviewee around the store and told us a little more information about the position, above and beyond the job description. After about 15 minutes of this, she met with each of us one on one in an office. This meeting only lasted about 10 minutes. I spoke about my background and how it applied to various facets of the job. This was all. I received a letter that was postmarked and dated the same day as the interview saying they would not be extending me an offer to move forward.

Interview Question – What product category do you think that Aldi sells the most of?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details – Career reception, Career fair, Presentation Dinner, Two rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you made a bad decision. How did you deal with it? What did learn?   Answer Question

District Manager

Interview Details – No HR department resulting in very direct recruiting and quick hiring decisions. On campus interview, then invitation to ddivisioal office to tour warehouse and a store.

Interview Question – What have you read about working for aldi?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ALDI District Manager interview questions and advice. All 63 interview reviews posted anonymously by ALDI employees and interview candidates.