ALDI District Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.9

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied online and met with them at a job fair. Attended an open house recruiting event where myself and about 15 other candidates toured the store, found out more about the position and training, and was asked questions about the company. Each candidate then met with a current district manager for a mini-interview session. I received a call the next week for 1:1 interview with another district manager. Discussed my experience, answered behavioral type questions, and situation based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education and experience. What did and didn't you like about your previous job? Tell me about a group project that was difficult for you. What would you do if an employee that has been with the company for 10 years with no previous problems took a candy bar when the store was very busy and had intentions to pay for it later? What would you do if a store manager tried to take home a piece of store equipment for a friend to fix it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Informational dinner, interview, final interview in Dallas. They flew me to Dallas with a group of 6 which was great. Wrote a few essays about why I thought I could be a DM for them, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like tell me how about yourself, how do you deal with stress, ideal job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process was very informal a 15 minute on campus interview. He asked me to run down my resume and explain each part of it to him. During this process he interrupted me 4 times telling me that I'm running out of time. He was extremely rude and would not acknowledge me when I tried to shake his hand for the first time. I did not receive an offer which was no surprise. Even if I would have received an offer I would declined just based off of his behavior.

Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online via ALDI US' website. Received a response within a week to set up an interview. Interview was with the Vice President of the ALDI Division I was applying within. Interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and I heard back within two weeks as to whether I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Many situational questions pertaining to various aspects of the job. Many questions geared towards figuring out how committed you are to the job you are to the District Manager position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a dinner where past interns explained what they did. They had a few district managers present to go over information and questions. Next day was a 1 on 1 interview with the head regional manager. Asked basic behavioral questions and you needed a lot of examples.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been viewed as unprofessional and how did you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Behavioral questions, asked why I was interested in Aldi. The guy that interviewed me was stoic and I knew that I was not the best fit for their culture. But other than that he didn't ask any hard questions. Interview lasted for 30 minutes and I was able to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the most valuable skillet that you have gained through your extracurriculars that you can transfer to the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Springfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a quick interview with mainly general personality-based questions. They asked questions like: What makes a leader?, How do you define success?, What drew you to ALDI?, What do you like to do in your spare time?, What is one undesirable trait that you have personally witnessed in a manager?, and If hired, what will your employees learn from you? I received a letter (by email) notifying me that they would not be extending me an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name the 3 most influential people to who you are today.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Dinner the night before the interview where they basically just tell you about the positions, then a very short behavioral interview (lasted about 10-15 minutes), and then an on-site all-day visit. I have my on-site interview tomorrow, so unfortunately can't provide any insight on that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a difficult decision; tell me about why you decided to come to UW-Madison; describe your college experience on a scale of 1-10.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (South Windsor, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on campus. Be sure to highlight your leadership experience via academic, extracurricular and work experiences. Nice interviewer, just be honest and show why you really want the job other than the good benefits. Second Round interview was at the divisional headquarters in South Windsor, Connecticut. There were 6 half hour interviews all one after another, so it was a lot all at once. Interviewed with 5 directors and the vice president of the division. A lot of overlap in questions. Situational questions such as: "what would you do if employee stole from the store?" and what kind of management style will you have as a district manager?". Then you write two short essays about why you want the job, and what your strengths/weaknesses about the job would be (kind of pointless since it was asked 6 times already). Then you go on a tour of an ALDI store and meet a district manager who was in your shoes not too long ago, so be sure to ask him or her lots of questions. Overall it was a good experience, the only thing lacking was a job offer, which I was a bit disappointed about since I thought the interviews went well.

Interview Questions

• What would your management style be? What leadership experience do you have? What apprehensions about this job do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very intense. They really want to get to know you to see if you're a fit. looking for very type A personality. Want single minded employees with no outside distractions. It seems like it could be a great career opportunity if you are not interested in having a good work/life balance. That seems typical for the industry.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing a book on management, name three chapter titles   Answer Question