ALDI

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.9

85 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Went to info session at my university and was then invited to a pre-night dinner and an on campus interview. They gave us all the background on the company and tried to be super impressive. Went to 1st rud of interviews. It was straightforward behavioral based questions. Then got an invite a week later for second round interviews. Had to take a day off classes and went to Oak Creek WI for an all day interview. Had 5 mini behavior interviews with VPs and then had a tour of the warehouse and of a store. Met two other district managers and then had lunch. Afterwards had to write an essay. Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to support someone or failed to support someone?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI.

Aldi came to my college's career fair and got in contact with me after viewing my résumé. They sent me an e-mail through my college's career center, and set up an interview.

I made it past the first interview, and have to go to a day-long assessment at Aldi. The assessment is going to be from 9-330, and they have different activities so they can spot out who the real leaders are.

Interview Questions
    • If you could start college over again what would you change?
      Define leadership.
      What makes you more qualified than the others?
      Tell me about a time you made a decision you later regretted.
        View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

First round on campus, second on location. Process was easy and all the interviews were behavioral. I enjoyed my day on campus at Aldi and was offered position. Great company

District Manager Interview

Process was straight forward. You should not have an issue talking to someone at a career fair because no one every goes to their tables or events. A couple rounds of interviews in office with several Director level personnel and a meeting with the Division VP. Drug and background screen should you be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a company that sells something as unsexy as groceries.   View Answer
    Interviewers will try to intimidate you a little by use of facial expression and short answers to your questions. Honestly, I should have put more value on how negative the approach was to interviewing. I would not have accepted if I knew that the interviewers personality mirrored their company philosophy and attitude.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Pre-interview dinner the night before with the Vice President and other District Managers, then a 30 minute on-campus interview, then a final interview at an Aldi location. They basically just want to see if you are a "leader" and how assertive you are. They really emphasize their high salary which seems off to me.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to walk through your resume and ask simple behavior questions off that. Straight forward questions like "What would you do if you saw an employee steal $5 from the register?" and "How assertive are you on a scale of 1-10?"   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Submitted résumé at my university's career fair. Received a follow up email weeks later when they were back on campus inviting me to interview. I accepted the invitation and was told about a mandatory interest meeting being held close to campus the night before the scheduled interview. Had a sit down interview with 2 executives from the company the following day. Mostly behavioral based questions and going through résumé. The company has an intense feel and the first interview was easier and more conversational than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a wrong decision and how you handled and bounced back from the decision. Also strengths/weaknesses.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Informative group dinner for 2 1/2 hours and short formal interview. Very transparent. In the formal interview, they will ask silly questions which have nothing to do with being a District Manager. They also don't value direct experience.Very high pay, but I doubt senior managers have an idea what they are looking for.