ALDI District Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

The process was very informal a 15 minute on campus interview. He asked me to run down my resume and explain each part of it to him. During this process he interrupted me 4 times telling me that I'm running out of time. He was extremely rude and would not acknowledge me when I tried to shake his hand for the first time. I did not receive an offer which was no surprise. Even if I would have received an offer I would declined just based off of his behavior.

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Behavioral questions, asked why I was interested in Aldi. The guy that interviewed me was stoic and I knew that I was not the best fit for their culture. But other than that he didn't ask any hard questions. Interview lasted for 30 minutes and I was able to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most valuable skillet that you have gained through your extracurriculars that you can transfer to the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI in March 2015.

Dinner the night before the interview where they basically just tell you about the positions, then a very short behavioral interview (lasted about 10-15 minutes), and then an on-site all-day visit. I have my on-site interview tomorrow, so unfortunately can't provide any insight on that.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to make a difficult decision; tell me about why you decided to come to UW-Madison; describe your college experience on a scale of 1-10.   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Applied online through our campus recruiting page and the process took about a week. Went in for the interview, and waited for the recruiter to come and get me to come into the interview room. I was sitting outside the door and the recruiter passed me when she went to talk with one of her colleagues in another room. After she came back the recruiter was on her phone, and did not come and get me. I waited outside the door for 10 minutes and went to check the time, when I came back she acted as if I had done something wrong. Forgive me, but I was taught that the recruiter is expected to be prompt and ask the interviewee to come in to the interview room. Because of this experience I was somewhat glad I was not asked back. I guess my expectations for senior management are too high.
    The actual interview was good though. The recruiter asked behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your college
      Who has shaped your life
      Tell us about a time you handled a conflict

Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Career fair on campus led to a phone interview. Then a very long "super-day" at one of their regional offices. Met with VP's and directors. Written test was required. Visited a few of their store fronts.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in February 2015.

Interviewers met the night before an on-campus interview. The "Pre-night" gave an insight into the company, benefits, and duties expected of a District Manager or Intern. We had a change to talk to current DMs and the District VP. The next day I met with the District VP for my interview; it was extremely informal. She pretty much asked me to briefly tell her about my past work experiences and activities outside of school. She then asked me to walk her through my high school self (what sports I played, what clubs I was in, even who I hung out with). We only spoke for 30 minutes or so and then we were finished; I had to ask her if I could ask some more exact questions about the position and the company. I was supposed to be notified the next day if I was going to be asked back for a final interview at their District Headquarters.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an informational dinner hosted on university campus, followed by the interview the next morning. Process was smooth and easy, the informational dinner was great and yielded insight regarding Aldi's business model and company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions, nothing too difficult (i.e. review of leadership positions, how various scenarios were dealt with, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in February 2015.

Dinner on campus followed by 30 minute 1 on 1 interview. Asked mainly about personality and things like that and interviewer seemed bored and tired. I felt like they invested a lot of time and energy at the dinner but couldn't care less the next day when it came to interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Two strengths and weaknesses
      What is your favorite thing about this company?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in February 2015.

I met a recruiter at a career fair at my school. I was instructed to apply at my school's career website and the firm's website. I was requested for an interview about 2 weeks later. The night before the interview they held a mandatory info session. The next morning was the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

ALDI came to my school. You attend a formal informational session with other District Manager and DM Internship candidates the day before your interview. The next day is the interview with a DM or Director. A few days later, you get a second-round interview to come on-site for a day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome.   Answer Question