ALDI

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.9

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Pre-interview dinner the night before with the Vice President and other District Managers, then a 30 minute on-campus interview, then a final interview at an Aldi location. They basically just want to see if you are a "leader" and how assertive you are. They really emphasize their high salary which seems off to me.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to walk through your resume and ask simple behavior questions off that. Straight forward questions like "What would you do if you saw an employee steal $5 from the register?" and "How assertive are you on a scale of 1-10?"   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Submitted résumé at my university's career fair. Received a follow up email weeks later when they were back on campus inviting me to interview. I accepted the invitation and was told about a mandatory interest meeting being held close to campus the night before the scheduled interview. Had a sit down interview with 2 executives from the company the following day. Mostly behavioral based questions and going through résumé. The company has an intense feel and the first interview was easier and more conversational than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a wrong decision and how you handled and bounced back from the decision. Also strengths/weaknesses.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

Had an interview on campus. Questions were fair, nice employers; looking for people that have a lot of leadership experiences. Said they would contact me whether I get the job or not but did not. I had to actually email them again after two weeks

Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Informative group dinner for 2 1/2 hours and short formal interview. Very transparent. In the formal interview, they will ask silly questions which have nothing to do with being a District Manager. They also don't value direct experience.Very high pay, but I doubt senior managers have an idea what they are looking for.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Had a 1:1 interview on campus. The interview was pretty negative. It focused on things I did wrong, instead of excelled in. She said it takes 2 weeks to hear back about second rounds which take place in Greenwood. Find out about an offer before Thanksgiving break.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was "why Aldi" based instead of behavioral questions   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college which directed me to apply on their website. They called me for an interview very quickly. The first interview was with their VP of district managers. Well, he is the reason for my review. He asked simple questions, but his demeanor was not very flattering. He constantly said "right, uh huh" and it was a little overbearing. He also talked mainly about the salary, and how much employees at Aldi make (which is not why I applied). Then, after I answered all of his questions, he started asking personal questions about my family and what my parents do as a living. It was a little awkward and he came off as rude. Maybe he was having a bad day, but he doesn't seem like the best person to work with.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working at this company especially after talking to this man. What a let down.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I got an email inviting me to a dinner that night before the interview to tell us what the company is all about and at the end we had a chance to talk to the representatives of aldi.

Interview Questions
    • What do your friends think about you?
      What are your hobbies?
      How did you handle a confrontational situation with a fellow colleague?
      have you had any leadership positions in the past? what did that entail?
      Tell me about yourself
      tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      why did you choose Aldi?
      What is the best and work decision you ever made?

Answer Question